The Neighbor Lady and TP2000 Walk Into a Bar...

Stevek

Thanks for all the juicy info. Much appreciated.

Glad to hear that some of the current leadership at the resort get it even though their boss and WDI don't.
WDI news is particularly troubling, just have to hope that that folks in charge at the parks have enough juice to get the right things done. Makes you wonder why so many imagineers (Shipley, Kleyla, Surrell amongst others) have left Disney in the past 2-3 years for jobs at other parks like Uni and Evermore.
Sad to hear that SW:GE will have such a low capacity though we kinda heard that was coming.

mickEblu

Why can’t I have a neighbor lady that works at WDI that makes me delicious cheesecake? The only thing my neighbor ever brought me was a 50/50 Orange/ cream bar. Come to think of it was actually pretty good. And it was a hot day and I was working out in the yard. Nevermind he’s pretty cool. He still doesn’t work at WDI though the bum.

the.dreamfinder

Thanks for all the juicy info. Much appreciated.

Glad to hear that some of the current leadership at the resort get it even though their boss and WDI don't.
WDI news is particularly troubling, just have to hope that that folks in charge at the parks have enough juice to get the right things done. Makes you wonder why so many imagineers (Shipley, Kleyla, Surrell amongst others) have left Disney in the past 2-3 years for jobs at other parks like Uni and Evermore.
Sad to hear that SW:GE will have such a low capacity though we kinda heard that was coming.
I believe Jim Hill said on a recentish episode of the Disney Dish that many of the Imagineers in creative positions no longer know how to draw.

🚩RED FLAG!!🚩

Last edited:

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I believe Jim Hill said on a recentish episode of the Disney Dish that many of the Imagineers In creative positions no longer know how to draw.

🚩RED FLAG!!🚩
Was it Marc Davis or Rolly Crump who said that if you don’t know to draw you shouldn’t be working for Disney? Davis I think

Explains why M:B looks the way it does

Figments Friend

I believe Jim Hill said on a recentish episode of the Disney Dish that many of the Imagineers in creative positions no longer know how to draw.

🚩RED FLAG!!🚩

Nice.

Well, maybe it's about time I applied for a job there.
I can draw, and draw well...on paper and with a pencil, to boot!
It will probably be looked upon as some sort of 'black magic' to be able to do such a thing without a computer screen.
I'm a shoo in for sure!

;)

-

Practical Pig

Better than a spinner but still a stopgap no?

It sure feels like it should be. Of all the Marvel headliners, Spiderman strikes me as the least appropriate to stuff into a static theater venue, no matter what new show effects are included. I've never believed we'd actually see that swinging pendulum coaster built in DCA, but Spidey needs a dynamic-motion ride that does more than jiggle your seat (or some next-gen version) while they dazzle your eyes.

But once (and of course if) it's installed, I think it would it would have to bomb pretty badly for them to re-invest in a replacement anytime in a foreseeable future, and I doubt that would happen. I think it would likely be popular enough to give the theater's healthy hourly capacity some exercise, and if so, Disney wouldn't spend a dime to put an end to that.

mickEblu

It sure feels like it should be. Of all the Marvel headliners, Spiderman strikes me as the least appropriate to stuff into a static theater venue, no matter what new show effects are included. I've never believed we'd actually see that swinging pendulum coaster built in DCA, but Spidey needs a dynamic-motion ride that does more than jiggle your seat (or some next-gen version) while they dazzle your eyes.

But once (and of course if) it's installed, I think it would it would have to bomb pretty badly for them to re-invest in a replacement anytime in a foreseeable future, and I doubt that would happen. I think it would likely be popular enough to give the theater's healthy hourly capacity some exercise, and if so, Disney wouldn't spend a dime to put an end to that.

Yeah this is exactly the problem. Not looking good. They realize that opening without any new attraction in 2020 would be crazy but at the same time they re making matters worse by putting in this ho hum stop gap that makes the long term completion of a solid Marvel Land harder to pull off. Why can’t they just open the land when it’s ready? Instead of this piecemeal stuff? Sorry but a meet and greet, a 4D show and a 4 year old GOTG / 16 year old TOT will do nothing to balance out the crowds with DL. Who is running this $hit show?

A 4D show in 2020? Lol. Have they forgot they’ re using all the other ones for movie previews?

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

can someone please tell me what TDA stands for? I know it has to do something with Disney management but it is not on the site's official abbreviations and I see it a lot on this forum and am curious as to it's meaning. thank you.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom