Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

wannabeBelle

I'd consider that a mistake. They can close the show tomorrow and have a new show well established before Mickey and Minnie's opens up. They should be doing this for both Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. If there are greater plans for either of these areas they should at least plan on one new show replacing one of the existing facilities.
Or if it is to be another show, work up the show offsite while the current show is running and then have a minimal amount of downtime to replace the stage pieces to match the new offering at least at BaTB. Marie

MagicJack78

Whatever is planned next for Hollywood Studios, I would think would have to happen sooner than later due to the insane crowds that are about to hit this place like a tsunami! I believe Marni mentioned the potential of a water ride with the "Shanghai Pirates tech" being added to this park. Is this still on the docket or still very blue sky? Any chance we can hear about further additions to HS at next years D23 or sooner?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Or if it is to be another show, work up the show offsite while the current show is running and then have a minimal amount of downtime to replace the stage pieces to match the new offering at least at BaTB. Marie
They don’t seem to want to do shows...like at all.

Remember they HAD a new show feature in mk ready to roll...and they canned it at the 11th hour...

I think one of the posters theorized that they don’t see a ROI for shows...combine that with talent costs and that’s a pretty “Disney” stance these days.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Whatever is planned next for Hollywood Studios, I would think would have to happen sooner than later due to the insane crowds that are about to hit this place like a tsunami! I believe Marni mentioned the potential of a water ride with the "Shanghai Pirates tech" being added to this park. Is this still on the docket or still very blue sky? Any chance we can hear about further additions to HS at next years D23 or sooner?

I really hope they don’t stop and let the nightmare scenario play out...but no confidence based on management mentality.

erasure fan1

I really hope they don’t stop and let the nightmare scenario play out...but no confidence based on management mentality.
And sadly, the nightmare scenario is sure what looks like what will happen. I see no other scenario based on whats currently being worked on at the studios. I get they can add some sideshow stuff, but thats not going to do it. Maybe there is some super secret plans being worked on that we dont know about. Otherwise it will be at least a year and a half of gridlock.

Indy_UK

I guess we can all but hope that everything between now and the 50th, is bringing up to scratch and after that, they steadily invest in new stuff.

Personally they really need to add some more value resorts, instead of just constant DVC additions.

Franklin47disneyguy

They should at least at another e-ticket to galaxy's edge, maybe in 2022-2023 when UO opens there new gate. Also 2 new lands could and should be build, one next to TSL and the other in the echo lake area. Then you have another 4-5 new rides and that makes together with the shows a full day experience. Because they can't justify 100+ $$$ for nine rides with al 120+ minutes waits IMHO.

Would they add a Frozen or Marvel land like they are doing in California Adventure and Disney Studios in Paris? They could re-purpose all of the animation courtyard attractions to Marvel and there was a rumour of changing rock n roller coaster in to a Marvel attraction or monsters inc.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Would they add a Frozen or Marvel land like they are doing in California Adventure and Disney Studios in Paris? They could re-purpose all of the animation courtyard attractions to Marvel and there was a rumour of changing rock n roller coaster in to a Marvel attraction or monsters inc.

They are very limited in what Marvel characters they can use in WDW due to the contract with Universal, so it would be hard to make a good land for it.

They are very limited in what Marvel characters they can use in WDW due to the contract with Universal, so it would be hard to make a good land for it.
That's a good point as I had read that somewhere myself. It's been that long since i've been to DHS but can you get to Animation courtyard from Rock n Roller Coaster or do you still have to go down hollywood boulevard (not sure if that's the right name or not)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom