Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

clemmo

Sorry if this has already been asked but is there a map with SWGE expansion plots. That due to demand along with something over in animation courtyard should be at the top of the list.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sorry if this has already been asked but is there a map with SWGE expansion plots
68DF5CBE-458D-436B-A7EE-3B0E6FB0CC0D.jpeg

NiarrNDisney

I really hope so. That area is certainly the prime place to attack once SW:GE is open -- Launch Bay is dumb once the proper land opens and it's also prime real estate for new/better attraction. I'm still hoping that the tear out the entire animation building and build a land that connects with the RNR area to finally have a complete outer ring of guest areas. That would also stop Animation Courtyard and Sunset Blvd from being dead ends where you have to backtrack.

Animation Courtyard is where I have always wished they would create a ToonTown to a grander size and scope with a Hollywood flair for the East coast. Totally agree with knocking down Launch Bay and connecting it as you mentioned to the RnRC area and using the new Minnie Mickey Railroad ride as this minylands star attraction.

RSoxNo1

Currently any changes to the theatre aren’t scheduled until after SWL.
I'd consider that a mistake. They can close the show tomorrow and have a new show well established before Mickey and Minnie's opens up. They should be doing this for both Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. If there are greater plans for either of these areas they should at least plan on one new show replacing one of the existing facilities.

HauntedMansionFLA

Animation Courtyard is where I have always wished they would create a ToonTown to a grander size and scope with a Hollywood flair for the East coast. Totally agree with knocking down Launch Bay and connecting it as you mentioned to the RnRC area and using the new Minnie Mickey Railroad ride as this minylands star attraction.
Is the flex building space next to RnRc set used for special events?

NiarrNDisney

Just out of curiosity - What buildings backstage (picture below) could be demoed if the Mouse considered removing the Art of Animation/Launch Bay building to make way for a new land?

Attachments

• 2018-08-11.png
    2018-08-11.png
    530.2 KB · Views: 293

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'd consider that a mistake. They can close the show tomorrow and have a new show well established before Mickey and Minnie's opens up. They should be doing this for both Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. If there are greater plans for either of these areas they should at least plan on one new show replacing one of the existing facilities.
They’ve made many mistakes with DHS. Indeed, this is one.

Kman101

Little Mermaid show was great- but its time for something new.

That needs to go first for sure.

There's also a nice chunk of land behind RnRC and Sunset Ranch. Buildings can always be relocated or rebuilt or re-worked. They just need to want to make the effort.

I could see one leading to another. But just a hunch and a thought if you looked at an aerial image and thought about it. I have a hard time seeing MASSIVE investment though, following what we're getting next year, but there's still lots of areas that need/could be touched. The potential is there.

A surprise announcement would be nice for DHS next year on it's birthday. But I can only see small, needed projects at the moment (show updates). But who knows?

Last edited:

Kman101

They’ve made many mistakes with DHS. Indeed, this is one.

Yep they have. It's a shame. But "it's good enough". Sigh.

Everything being said in the thread is stuff I've been talking about since they announced the "re-do". They've made several big mistakes.

I want them to leave ToT alone but if they did want to overlay, I'd love it to be Wreck it Ralph

If they ever did, I could see Disney Villains taking over. I know it sounds bizarre but why not? I'm sure that will never happen but so many things we never thought would happen do ...

I'd prefer it to stay as is, of course.

Last edited:

Kman101

Valid points...I do agree with the priorities.

However...the walt disney company has had plenty of revenues and OI to finance whatever the hell they wanted since the early 90’s.

So while those bad parks needed the funds...so did WDW from a strategic point of view.

Here’s what should have been done: when Capital was cheap (2002-2004) the never constructed third phase of dak should have been built. That would have that park doing what it was meant to do: rival magic kingdom and spur more development.

Then, when Capital was cheap (2008-2012), Epcot should have been addressed in four or so segments...making it the solid number 1A/2 it was meant to be to rival magic kingdom...

But none of that happened. They built timeshares and tinkered with worn or neglected areas off and on...and stared at the prices all day.

Such is the record...oh well.

THIS

A four lane bowling alley? A bocce court? Curling?

;)

They have cloaking devices (plants on wheels) up now. The mystery continues ;)

GlacierGlacier

THIS

They have cloaking devices (plants on wheels) up now. The mystery continues ;)
It was odd. I checked it out today. They used to have construction walls there, and now cloaking devices. Except there's nothing missing from the construction wall's presence. I guess they decided cloaking devices look better in the medium-term than construction walls.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It was odd. I checked it out today. They used to have construction walls there, and now cloaking devices. Except there's nothing missing from the construction wall's presence. I guess they decided cloaking devices look better in the medium-term than construction walls.

In another thread, it was shown that they were doing construction: Giant posts on which to hang gates. Now that that construction is done, construction walls can come down to replaced by the cloaking hedgerow. @marni1971 said that the space will be for overflow if needed, whether it be lines or to move the M&G there if TSL is too packed.

Indy_UK

Agreed. Animation courtyard is screaming out to be about classic animation again. Mermaid could become Mickey & the Magician show from Paris. Turn launch bay back to classic hand drawing ares plus a restaurant like Animators Pallet on the cruise line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom