1902 Carthay Circle

EmFromPlanetEarth

@spacemt354,
here's the layout for the jungle book ride
1. Jungle 2. Man Village 3. Load/Unload 4. Mowgli Given to wolves 5. Sheer Khan Stalking 6. Mowgli Has to leave 7.Mowgli meets baloo 8. Bear necessities 9.Mowgli taken by monkeys 10. I wannna be like you 11. temple escape 12. Bear necessities reprise (the room after 11 forgot to add number)
View attachment 302581

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

It's a local bbq chain. It has resturaunts in the florida georgia area,so I don't expect many people to know what it is.
12789946_mES1S_S7e_mUX0w6AHdkU07W_BHw7NRdA5-DdoTQ9wI.jpg

There's a couple of those here in the charlotte area, though I've not ventured there in quite some time. Stick more to the mom and pop type places.

EmFromPlanetEarth

There's a couple of those here in the charlotte area, though I've not ventured there in quite some time. Stick more to the mom and pop type places.
It actually was founded in my area, and it is pretty good quality, and their coleslaw is pretty good! the waiters are nice, the service is reasonably fast and my family goes there all the time!

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

Agree that would be good to get into the land brainstorming in more depth. And really as many people who want to jump into each discussion and work in multiple areas can do so. For the newer folks don't feel like you have to focus on only one area.
The segmented forums will help get the train of thought going and in order.

spacemt354

Chili's
How are we coming on this?
Doing well! We're going with a Lost Worlds theme - the specific lands are subject to change but this is a basic outline!
So here's a list of our proposed attraction ideas so far (underlined are new ideas I'm adding right now). These are suggestions; none are set-in-stone. We should keep brainstorming more!

"Main Street" Base Camp
Soarin' Over the Lost Worlds (PERFECT!)
Boat transportation ride (Is it too similar to TDS's Steamers?)
Maybe a museum omnimover

Shangri-La
Modified Expedition Everest

El Dorado
Pirates of the Caribbean
Coco-themed whip ride
Conquistador Trail animal walkthrough (DAK-style)
TBD El Dorado ride (coaster or log flume)
Voladores swing spinner ride

discover-2010-1-voladores-ceremonia_848x476_adaptiveResize.jpg

Voladores of Mexico

Atlantis
Submarine dark ride (like - but not copying - DisneySea's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea)
Highly-themed aquarium attraction

Antarctica
Slot car (Test Track) ride (proposed Journey to the Center of the Earth clone might violate DisneySea exclusivity contracts; how about a variation on an ice drill journeying into the dinosaur-filled Hollow Earth)

Camelot (or different name)
Brave shooting gallery
Dragon coaster
Trackless King Arthur dark ride (entering the tapestries & manuscripts 2.5-D like Runaway Railway) - Are we going original with this or adapting Disney's "Sword in the Stone?"

Lemuria
NOTHING YET

Wakanda (seems to be the preferred African lost world)
Vibranium Mine drop tower

Mt. Olympus
Hercules-themed log flume ride
Greek labyrinth maze
The Muppets perform in a Greek theater (portraying the gods?)

Arabian Lost City (name TBD)
Indiana Jones Adventure
1001 Nights nighttime show
Hanging Gardens walkthrough
Aladdin carpet spinner clone
Aladdin suspended dark ride (our version of Peter Pan)

Other ideas
Muppet Treasure Island subbing in for Tom Sawyer Island
Tower of Terror with Benjamin Hightower (alternate proposal: set in an Arabian ziggurat inspired by the Tower of Babel)

spacemt354

Chili's
Haha that’s kinda funny! What parks did you go on which days, and which resort did you stay at?
Was a family trip at the Boardwalk - we only really went to the parks at night except yesterday which was all DAK

Boardwalk is probably my second favorite hotel now next to the Grand -- was really impressed by the detail inside the lobby. Each painting/picture had a paragraph description and served a purpose to the architecture of the resort!

Voxel

President of Progress City
Was a family trip at the Boardwalk - we only really went to the parks at night except yesterday which was all DAK

Boardwalk is probably my second favorite hotel now next to the Grand -- was really impressed by the detail inside the lobby. Each painting/picture had a paragraph description and served a purpose to the architecture of the resort!
I really like the Boardwalk and would put it above the Grand.. Sorry. I just love the feel of the Boardwalk and the story it tells.

spacemt354

Chili's
I really like the Boardwalk and would put it above the Grand.. Sorry. I just love the feel of the Boardwalk and the story it tells.
I do find it funny how people from the northeast travel 1K miles just to stay in a resort themed to the northeast :p I really like it because it's a resort pulled out of time.

One of my favorite parts was just sitting in the lobby lounge listening to the Shadow on the radio

PerGron

I do find it funny how people from the northeast travel 1K miles just to stay in a resort themed to the northeast :p I really like it because it's a resort pulled out of time.

One of my favorite parts was just sitting in the lobby lounge listing to the Shadow on the radio

I’m staying at the Boardwalk in February for the first time. It’s the last DVC Resort I have to stay at before Riviera opens to complete them all. Super pumped!

Voxel

President of Progress City

One of my favorite parts was just sitting in the lobby lounge listing to the Shadow on the radio

I never even thought of it that way, but that is soo flipping true.. That's like someone from New Orleans going to Port Orleans. Really. I love walking through the resort, I have found myself hanging out at that location more and more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom