1902 Carthay Circle

kmbmw777

Just returned home -- have some thoughts for this after trekking through DAK the past few days and how it can relate to Lost Worlds (which in my opinion and general consensus, should be the direction we go in)

- Shangri La is advertised on a cart in Serka Zong by Expedition Everest, walking through I looked up and it caught my eye - I know @D Hindley was pushing for that and considering it's teased in DAK - that would be a great entrance land, sort of like the Oasis, that would work really well.

- We should be cognizant of the Hong Kong humidity and the amount of outdoor attractions. I forgot how hot DAK is at 2pm -- gosh if Hong Kong humidity is anything like Orlando, Lost Worlds needs indoor/shaded attractions and attraction queues. DAK caught on to that as of late, but when it opened there really wasn't a lot indoors. We should just be aware -- build things inside mountain ranges, temples, etc and a/c them.

- If I remember right, someone mentioned last week about making the park feel 'Disney' -- what makes Animal Kingdom so visceral in its storytelling is things branch off one another. Tiffins represents all of DAK, the Tree of Life represents all animals, the environments blend together - that detail and immersion to me is enough to remind me of a Disney park.

- Lastly, we should decide what kind of project we want this to be. Since we have a mix of new and old chiming in, I say we take a vote. Someone earlier mentioned how Club 32 was a 2-3 month process of brainstorming, giving/taking on ideas. While this is an evolution of that - it doesn't necessarily mean we have to spend 2-3 months if everyone is settled on an idea. And if people are more interested in the 'concept' of the park, rather than the minutia, or maybe even a bit of both, then once again we can start right away.

So I'll have another poll, want to start on the lands of the Lost Worlds theme park concept? -- comment below (and with your thoughts on the points above if you have any) Thanks!
Hi, I haven't been too active in this thread, mostly because I'm trying to work on personal projects (including an original screenplay, yay), but I have been reading what has been going on.

I 110% agree on the park needing indoor areas. I also am all for starting to describe the lands a bit more since it seems as if we already have an overview of what the park should/shouldn't be.

spacemt354

Chili's
I say let's get started. I think we have enough of a basic concept to at least draft ideas for the first land. While the old Club 32 may have done brainstorming longer, I've noticed this thread starting to decline in input leading me to personally believe that people are either getting bored of the brainstorming or (probably more realistically) leaving for school and things. So yeah, I think we have the idea, attraction ideas already, so why not get started?

Awesome! I'd be happy to do that! If everyone else is on board. I may have already drafted up a full list of animals just in case this situation came up ;)
I agree - the timing is different than 32, (which took place over March - June of 2017) this one however, right before the start of school - we can get a lot done if we just start now!

Disneylover152

Sorry I’m not that involved in this thread actively either. I always spend my summers traveling so next week (come back home Saturday night) I can be a lot more active.

But I’ve been skimming through and agree the park should have animals and indoor areas. Also, I think we should use the waterfront on the east part of the park to spur advantage! Maybe put the Greek village there?

Again I’ll be more active later this week but great ideas this far!!!

spacemt354

Chili's
Great points here!

Love the idea of Shangri La as the “Oasis” equivalent. I think it would look really nice!

I’m all for indoor areas. Nothing worse than being stuck outside in the blistering heat/ humidity.

As long as we have the overall “theme” of the park, I don’t think we need to spend any more time on the overall park brainstorming and can focus on the specific lands we want and what they should look like.
I agree - I think @D Hindley had a pretty good 1-2 sentence summary a while back about the theme - I can dig that up.

spacemt354

Chili's
Sorry I’m not that involved in this thread actively either. I always spend my summers traveling so next week (come back home Saturday night) I can be a lot more active.

But I’ve been skimming through and agree the park should have animals and indoor areas. Also, I think we should use the waterfront on the east part of the park to spur advantage! Maybe put the Greek village there?

Again I’ll be more active later this week but great ideas this far!!!
No problem - when we divide up you can pick whatever land/theme you're most interested in and chime in there! Should be easy to catch up! We'll have a summary ready for you so you can adapt

spacemt354

Chili's
i’m really interested in the Arabian Lost City land!
I'll pencil you in for that!

If we end up dividing into specific land threads for further discussion on what to include in those lands (without having everything mushed together in one thread) I'll be sure to tag you to that one.

We can save this thread for general park info - updates on the specific lands, and stuff like that to make sure the park is balanced and designed cohesively with everyone on the same page.

Suchomimus

MV5BNzRiNjkxODctMGUwMS00ZTgxLTg4MzItNjJhZTc0OTI2NTQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQxMTIxMTk@._V1_.jpg

I'll pencil you in!

FireMountain

A LOST group of people?
I should have explained it better:

So once upon a time, there was a group of people that worshiped an ancient deity (name can be decided later). They cared for it so much that they built a temple dedicated to it. But one day, they all disappeared and were never seen again, lost to history. You walk through a jungle trail and end up at their temple, so you go inside and do the attractions, each one slowly unravels the story about what their story, the being they praised, and what happened to them.

spacemt354

Chili's
So my thought on splitting up is this --

We do it piecemeal based on what is 'confirmed' for the park. We all seem interested in an Arabian Lost City land, with a brief snippet from D Hindley on a possible direction.

Dhofar - An Arabian lost city (need to research names better - this name turns out is a real city in Oman). An option for representing a different culture in a unique desert setting, with inspirations maybe from Petra, Babylon, Egypt, and the Wadi Rum desert. No additional ideas for this one yet. Disney's Aladdin elements?

FireMountain's concept could possibly blend in here as well.
I had an idea for an indoor temple land themed to a lost group of (fictional) people a while ago, I said that it should have a dark ride, a roller coaster, a playground, and a Counter Service Restaurant. Any thoughts on the idea?

Why don't we split this into its own section of brainstorming - I'll provide a link to this thread after it's made, and then maybe @DisneyFan18 can update the first post in this thread with a link to the Arabian Lost City for future reference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom