Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pixar Place will just be back stage access closed off to guests. There are no plans for it.

And kinda indicatative of the broader mistake they’ve made...instead of truly expanding the park to handle capacity...they’re swapping former backstage area or defunct attractions for new guest area...but then converting something else back to storage and supply.

They needed to go outside the berm...I think. Time will tell.

doctornick

Animation courtyard will get a redo

I really hope so. That area is certainly the prime place to attack once SW:GE is open -- Launch Bay is dumb once the proper land opens and it's also prime real estate for new/better attraction. I'm still hoping that the tear out the entire animation building and build a land that connects with the RNR area to finally have a complete outer ring of guest areas. That would also stop Animation Courtyard and Sunset Blvd from being dead ends where you have to backtrack.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We should remember that Iger came in at a time when the greatest desperation (in terms of parks) was at WDSP, DCA, and HKDL (the failure of which was also connected to the need to secure a second chance at creating interest in China, i.e., SDL).

Once the "emergency" projects of those park expansions were complete (and there was a lot to do, requiring large budgets and many years), WDW was always intended to be next on the slate. I wish it had been earlier, because then more would have been developed before Chapek took over...

Valid points...I do agree with the priorities.

However...the walt disney company has had plenty of revenues and OI to finance whatever the hell they wanted since the early 90’s.

So while those bad parks needed the funds...so did WDW from a strategic point of view.

Here’s what should have been done: when Capital was cheap (2002-2004) the never constructed third phase of dak should have been built. That would have that park doing what it was meant to do: rival magic kingdom and spur more development.

Then, when Capital was cheap (2008-2012), Epcot should have been addressed in four or so segments...making it the solid number 1A/2 it was meant to be to rival magic kingdom...

But none of that happened. They built timeshares and tinkered with worn or neglected areas off and on...and stared at the prices all day.

Such is the record...oh well.

Last edited:

HMF

And kinda indicatative of the broader mistake they’ve made...instead of truly expanding the park to handle capacity...they’re swapping former backstage area or defunct attractions for new guest area...but then converting something else back to storage and supply.

They needed to go outside the berm...I think. Time will tell.
The broader mistake they made was the re-start from scratch approach they are taking rather than continue and enhance what's already there approach they should have taken. It would have saved time, money and fewer angry fans.

Rteetz

Valid points...I do agree with the priorities.

However...the walt disney company has had plenty of revenues and OI to finance whatever the hell they wanted since the early 90’s.

So while those bad parks needed the funds...so did WDW from a strategic point of view.

Here’s what should have been done: when Capital was cheap (2002-2004) the never constructed third phase of dak should have been built. That would have that park doing what it was meant to do: rival magic kingdom and spur more development.

Then, when Capital was cheap (2008-2012), Epcot should have been addressed in four or so segments...making it the solid number 1A/2 it was meant to be to rival magic kingdom...

But none of that happened. They built timeshares and tinkered worn neglected areas off and on...and stared at the prices all day.

Such is the record...oh well.
Hey look at that I kind of agree with you here.

HMF

First of all whoever thought of getting rid of GMR should be railroaded from the company. Put the mickey ride in Animation Courtyard. Theme the different lands to the different Studios owned by WDC, Expand Pixar Place with various other Pixar IP's rather than replace it with TSL. Have Batuu be part of a broader Lucasfilm area Turn the Muppet area into Muppet Studios and voila. Instead we have them trying to re-invent the wheel and spending more money than they need to.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
First of all whoever thought of getting rid of GMR should be railroaded from the company. Put the mickey ride in Animation Courtyard. Theme the different lands to the different Studios owned by WDC, Expand Pixar Place with various other Pixar IP's rather than replace it with TSL. Have Batuu be part of a broader Lucasfilm area Turn the Muppet area into Muppet Studios and voila. Instead we have them trying to re-invent the wheel and spending more money than they need to.

I couldn’t agree more there...you need capacity so you gut largest capacity ride in the park???

Yeah...that about fits.

I think it needed a major redo and had high operating cost (and by “think” I mean it’s 100% true) and they canned this pencilneck style rather than putting a large chunk of change in it. A new movie ride would have worked and provided valuable innings eating that the park does not have and isn’t getting.

But they went DUMB.

I’m excited for the mickey ride...but it should have been a straight add...no damn question.

gerarar

Premium Member
Hopefully park-wise/DHS-wise, Disney can work on completely updating Fantasmic!. The show's been long overdue for a makeover, and this is the time for Disney to do it once Star Wars opens. (but that seems like a general statement for whenever something big/new opens!)

As a big F! fan, this is my one true wish that I hope Disney will pursue one day. Although those replacement rumors have me on my toes tho.

SpoiledBlueMilk

In All seriousness...I hope that launch bay and one man’s dream have a current home...I’d like something similar for the great movie Story. Mini museums to augment the never ending quest to dumb things down.

Knowledge used to be an asset.

I hope they keep SWLB as an exhibit for the movies. I like that they at least have a place to show costumes, props and material from the movies. Moving into SWGE makes no sense. It kind of takes you out of the immersive "I'm living Star Wars" moment, if you enter a building that showcases props from a movie that you're supposed to be experiencing as though you are actually there.

I hope they keep the building and add more to it - Star Wars, more Disney and Pixar animation exhibits, the eventual "Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Driving at Night" movie that's coming out....

The building is a great place to showcase the movies and can be separate and apart from SWGE itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom