Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

Movielover

but nothing ground breaking (which means no net-new, only rip-and-replace).

Well I mean technically that involves ground breaking...

source.gif

;)

EricPZ

I heard a rumor/theory some time ago about turning Launch Bay into something Pixar themed then continue that towards RnRC where it would be rethemed into the door ride from Monsters Inc. There some logic to the change...but like I said, only a rumor/theory I heard.

Jones14

I’d expect to see the focus turn to the Mermaid theatre first.
That makes sense. They’ll want Launch Bay to ride the wave of Star Wars through 2020, I’d imagine, but Mermaid could close pretty much anytime and no one would bat an eye.

rle4lunch

Strip mine Space Ranger Spin and put something relevant into a TL space now that Toy Story has its own land dedicated to it. No reason to have the same IP in multiple parks.

Star Tours turns into the vaunted Indy ride (budget cuts, lol) instead of getting a new boat ride. Once the new movie does well, then the boat ride goes into development in DHS and they pull out the stunt show (which should've disappeared 10 years ago) and a mini Indy land gets built.

Retheme RnRc with anything else than what's there now. I could definitely see an Incredibles overlay going in there.

Then onto adventureland for some sort of upgrade.

SuperStretccch

I would certainly expect a retheme of Star Tours. And hopefully they do something with Animation Courtyaŕd, considering I can't see Launch Bay staying either after SWGE opens. And replace the aging Mermaid, BatB, and/or Indy with newer shows and attractions.

Spash007

I doubt we're going to see anything on the level of Galaxy's Edge or even TSL in the near future, especially at DHS. Even true additions I feel are probably off the table for the foreseeable future, unless they feel the need for more crowd control. I think the priorities at DHS are going to fall into two categories: updates and crowd control. While Star Tours and Launch Bay are going to be a little redundant, I think they will keep them for at least a year after SW:GE opens in order to keep the masses entertained when SW:GE hits capacity. Which would leave Mermaid, BatB, and Indy, and potentially RnRC. And even then, I think it's going to be a slow endeavor so that as many attractions are open at once.

righttrack

I think with the coming Tron Coaster and (hopefully please!) Stitch replacement, that we will see a new Tomorrowland like they did with Fantasyland. There may be enough of a shift in walking paths, etc, that some new overall theming is warranted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom