Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

Jones14

Why would they take a family friendly movie franchise like the Incredibles, and put it into an attraction that most kids can't go on? I definitely don't see that happening at all.
Well, they just did it in California. I agree that it’s not ideal, but I’d argue that Incredibles aims for a higher age range than Toy Story or Frozen, as an example.

My chief complaint would be that they’d be wasting an IP with a billion possibilities for an attraction on another reskin.

Markiewong

"The biggest Snow White fans probably saw the movie 90 years ago, so they're probably 100 years old"
Unfortunately Snowwhite never received a sequel. 14 years is still different, I can’t help but feel that Incredibles 2 is a huge fan service and tears on nostalgia. Regardless of how amazing the movie is. The same applies with creating an E-ticket after this which is not IP based.

Not saying IPless attractions are bad, but Disney hasn’t built a single one since Mystic Manor five years ago. (Exception is Roaring Rapids in Shanghai, but none of the rapids have an IP)

Anyway, you don’t want to look at the family appeal for choosing an IP, rather at which fits the attraction story and thematically.

wdwfan4ver

I think what Marni 1971 mentioned is the most logical at this point if things are looked from a short term point of view. Replacing little Mermaid show with another show wouldn't be affecting the budget much. Based on this site, it seems the budget between 2019 and 2021 for WDW theme parks is going be Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

I think Disney is not done with Epcot after what they announced for it last year at D23 based on what Marni 1971 mentioned other threads about Epcot.

clemmo

I think a lot depends on what happens over at DAK with that whole indy plan. I'm not sure where it stands now but if indy does go there then it'll be interesting to see what becomes of the stunt show. Personally i'd like to see them update the stunt show and build an indy e ticket boat ride with that shanghai pirates tech. DHS really could use a water ride and this would be a great fit. Then at DAK overhaul dinorama with the boneyard coaster which should be less thrilling than everest/dinosaur to target a different demographic.
As for animation courtyard that whole area needs to go starting with little mermaid and continuing on to launch bay and Disney junior. Also I'm sure Disney sees Uni trying to market their new park around the MK 50th and push to get new attractions around 2022 and beyond to keep competing.

Tay

I’d expect to see the focus turn to the Mermaid theatre first.
If they could pull a Universal and do what they did with Transformers with this building before or a month or two after SWL opens, that would be amazing, help with the crowds, and make the other attractions practically walk ons when the land opens.

Plus it’ll give DHS 10 rides. Any IPs they’re considering? I would love a Lilo & Stitch water ride since DHS has no water rides, MI door coaster, or the Incredibles ride they were supposed to build in Cali but it’s Disney so my expectations are low.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If they could pull a Universal and do what they did with Transformers with this building before or a month or two after SWL opens, that would be amazing, help with the crowds, and make the other attractions practically walk ons when the land opens.

Plus it’ll give DHS 10 rides. Any IPs they’re considering? I would love a Lilo & Stitch water ride since DHS has no water rides, MI door coaster, or the Incredibles ride they were supposed to build in Cali but it’s Disney so my expectations are low.
Currently any changes to the theatre aren’t scheduled until after SWL.

Tay

Also I'm sure Disney sees Uni trying to market their new park around the MK 50th and push to get new attractions around 2022 and beyond to keep competing.
I read somewhere they were pushing it back to 2023 at the earliest. I also read they were saving Nintendo for that park too. Disney has some competition. I expect MK’s 50th to be probably be 2 or 3 years long so Universal’s 3rd or 4th gate should open during the celebration plus their new HP ride. They’ll probably reveal it the weekend of the first day of the 50th.

HauntedMansionFLA

Focus will turn to EPCOT, hopefully. Only a few more years until its 40th.

That said, Disney Studios itself will probably begin the Fox immersion once that deal is finished.

And I still think we need a land devoted to the Muppets at DHS, even if it's a pipe dream.
Re theme Star Tours into Muppets

pax_65

I think we're going to see soul-crushing crowds in Star Wars Land. I realize I'm being overly negative (and I don't mean to be), it's just that Star Wars is such a popular draw. The land looks amazing but will only hold TWO attractions. Like Pandora you're going to need FPs to do either of these attractions or face hours-long waits. Heck, you may need to wait in a long line just to see the land - and not just on opening day.

My hope is that once Disney sees the response to this land, and sees the enormous crowds, they will follow relatively quickly with an expansion to the land (similar to what Universal did with Harry Potter). Of course, realistically I realize this would take YEARS to happen but I can see the need for it already just by the buzz that the land is already creating. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom