Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

HauntedMansionFLA

Something doesn't seem right? Shouldn't we have started to see more construction walls throughout Future World besides just by UoE?
I mean...Were "Suppose" to see this.....Right?
Future-World-makeover-coming-to-Epcot-concept-art-1024x566.jpg

And here we are a full year out after the D23 2017 announcement for this elaborate and amazing tree filled wonderland of the future and it's just......
DiscreteDizzyAiredaleterrier-size_restricted.gif
Walls are up all over the place............for the Food and Wine Festival;)

Kman101

Anyone know if they're planning on readdressing the Epcot overhaul project at this year's D23?

Next year's D23?

I wish it were this year. We still have a long way to go :/ LOL

I'd imagine if they want it done by, say, a certain park's 40th, they'd sort of have to. But who knows? They seem to be having difficulty figuring out a plan (shocking, I know). I'm sure just think of the cheapest and least amount of work and that's what we'll get.

Epcot needs to have a slew of announcements, IMO. I know it's the MK's 50th (they'd likely have to announce something for the celebration, no? lol), and the resort as a whole, but they can't keep things the way they are. It's a shame things sound up in the air.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anyone know if they're planning on readdressing the Epcot overhaul project at this year's D23?

In general, insiders won't know inside information about what news is going to break at D23. They know some 'secret projects' in the works that they have shared with us, but have no idea if management will use D23 to break it and confirm it except maybe within a week of D23 when presentations are being thrown together, and even then, last time, that kept changing.

And if they know secret stuff that hasn't been leaked yet, then they can't really say if it will break at D23 because they're keeping it secret.

TMALSS: Asking what will be addressed at D23 is usually fruitless.

Kman101

In general, insiders won't know inside information about what news is going to break at D23. They know some 'secret projects' in the works that they have shared with us, but have no idea if management will use D23 to break it and confirm it except maybe within a week of D23 when presentations are being thrown together, and even then, last time, that kept changing.

And if they know secret stuff that hasn't been leaked yet, then they can't really say if it will break at D23 because they're keeping it secret.

I see your point.

But I think we already know most of what *could* be announced next year. Anything else is either a bonus or a zonk! depending on how you look at it.

If you think about timelines they might have to meet you can sort of figure out what some of the goals could be. But like you said, things are always so up in the air no insider can ever say definitely what may be announced.

We've got a pretty good idea though, should they so choose to announce things then.

trainplane3

I was jokingly thinking Bobs going to go on stage and say, "If you remember, we announced we had plans for Epcot back in Fall of 2016. We brought some of those plans into brighter light at D23 2017. For D23 2019, we are still working on those plans."

Bender123

There are still plans to update (or refresh) The Seas. Same for Land. Currently circa 2021.

I would honestly be fine leaving Land and Seas as they are for a few more years, if JII would get priority. Im under no delusions the original JII would come back, but any hope we see Imagination get a little love in the next decade?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I would honestly be fine leaving Land and Seas as they are for a few more years, if JII would get priority. Im under no delusions the original JII would come back, but any hope we see Imagination get a little love in the next decade?
There are still proposals to spend a not inconsiderable amount of money on the pavilion in the next decade.

(Said in my most honest yet vague way)

Kman101

There are still proposals to spend a not inconsiderable amount of money on the pavilion in the next decade.

(Said in my most honest yet vague way)

Hmm.

I imagine overlays are on the table. Or a quick refurb that does nothing to change the ride itself. Which would be a shame and a waste, but something they'd totally do. I imagine what happens with Figment depends on what budget plans they decide on for what may be overlayed there (Inside Out?). I'd like a really good refresh but I'm torn on whether or not I believe they have faith in the Figment IP or not. I don't trust them that they do. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Haven't they learned that they should just spend the money now? (I get it they are still spending the money but we know how they work) I know they have to get the money first, and that's always a problem, but man ... I keep saying it but they don't get it.

Kman101

I think the Land needs some help, personally. But I'd be fine if they left the Seas alone for another few years and instead put the money towards something else.

GlacierGlacier

Even stuff announced at D23 doesn't always come to fruition.

Moment of Silence for the Main Street Theater.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

See last years D23. Brazil came within less than two weeks of being announced.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
See last years D23. Brazil came within less than two weeks of being announced.

Yeah, I remembered no info until the week before and then the rumors of what was going to be announced started to flood out and were in constant flux. Caught a Nameless Friend of ours off guard by getting a scoop that also had wrong information. ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom