• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

Kman101

I would honestly be fine leaving Land and Seas as they are for a few more years, if JII would get priority. Im under no delusions the original JII would come back, but any hope we see Imagination get a little love in the next decade?
I think the Land needs some help, personally. But I'd be fine if they left the Seas alone for another few years and instead put the money towards something else.

GlacierGlacier

Advertisement
In general, insiders won't know inside information about what news is going to break at D23. They know some 'secret projects' in the works that they have shared with us, but have no idea if management will use D23 to break it and confirm it except maybe within a week of D23 when presentations are being thrown together, and even then, last time, that kept changing.

And if they know secret stuff that hasn't been leaked yet, then they can't really say if it will break at D23 because they're keeping it secret.

TMALSS: Asking what will be addressed at D23 is usually fruitless.
Even stuff announced at D23 doesn't always come to fruition.

Moment of Silence for the Main Street Theater.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
In general, insiders won't know inside information about what news is going to break at D23. They know some 'secret projects' in the works that they have shared with us, but have no idea if management will use D23 to break it and confirm it except maybe within a week of D23 when presentations are being thrown together, and even then, last time, that kept changing.

And if they know secret stuff that hasn't been leaked yet, then they can't really say if it will break at D23 because they're keeping it secret.

TMALSS: Asking what will be addressed at D23 is usually fruitless.
See last years D23. Brazil came within less than two weeks of being announced.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
See last years D23. Brazil came within less than two weeks of being announced.
Yeah, I remembered no info until the week before and then the rumors of what was going to be announced started to flood out and were in constant flux. Caught a Nameless Friend of ours off guard by getting a scoop that also had wrong information. ;)

Last edited:

FullSailDan

Which basically boiled down too, 3 days out, Disney still wasn't sure what all they were going to announce.
This was so common at Disney when I worked there, huge projects that were run or being conceived in secret, then a week of meetings between the execs about what to reveal, present, etc. during quarterly or annual updates. And this was just for IT! Don't even get me started on the annual update to the BoD about IT security..... o_O

raymusiccity

We have been getting very confusing messages. Totally contradicting each other for a little while now. We are hearing, "pulling out the stops" and "think big". And the next paragraph we hear that they have cut budgets, trimmed down the BIG plans to save money, etc. Which of the two concepts is the truth? Cut Back and Think Big are not compatible statements. That is why I have decided to just wait and see what they do and not fret over it. What I think doesn't amount to a snowball in hell anyway, so why pretend it does.
As George Carlin once said, 'Jumbo shrimp!'

Kman101

You mean the theater that's not happening? :joyfull:
lol. It really should be though. I get it's something they could put off, but they need the capacity. I hope they do something with a theater in the Kingdom and surprise us. Maybe refurb PhilarMagic instead to host a stage show? That could explain where the budget went. But I'm sure it went for something else that ballooned in cost, but I'm just guessing.

And if I remember correctly the main street theater was a surprise to everyone including our insiders
It seemed to be, although I remember hearing about a proposed theater somewhere in the MK. I think it was just forgotten about. It wasn't a "we're getting a theater on Main Street" kind of post. I remember talks of possibly Frontierland with a theater. @marni1971 @Magic Feather do you recall any of this? I swear we had some mention somewhere of a possiblity of a theater in the MK but the news got sort of lost in the shuffle.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
lol. It really should be though. I get it's something they could put off, but they need the capacity. I hope they do something with a theater in the Kingdom and surprise us. Maybe refurb PhilarMagic instead to host a stage show? That could explain where the budget went. But I'm sure it went for something else that ballooned in cost, but I'm just guessing.

It seemed to be, although I remember hearing about a proposed theater somewhere in the MK. I think it was just forgotten about. It wasn't a "we're getting a theater on Main Street" kind of post. I remember talks of possibly Frontierland with a theater. @marni1971 @Magic Feather do you recall any of this? I swear we had some mention somewhere of a possiblity of a theater in the MK but the news got sort of lost in the shuffle.
Yes. Frontierland was mooted to get a theatre amongst other things.

Top Bottom