Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

pdude81

I'd guess there is at least 6 inches of clearance there with the hands up. The camera angle changing as the car moves forward can play tricks on your eyes

Goofyernmost

Yeah... I realize that for the area actually WITHIN the old Pixar Place, I was more curious how they might make the entrance to Pixar Place feel a bit more permanently blocked off. I mean, I would assume that blue wall is just temporary until a more permanent solution is implemented. It would be nice if however they more permanently block off the entrance was at least nicely themed (or landscaped).
Good grief they just stopped using the are last Friday. When did you last mow your lawn? There is no rush to install anything permanent. Other things need to be fixed with a higher priority then that.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
When did you last mow your lawn?

Two days ago...

There is no rush to install anything permanent. Other things need to be fixed with a higher priority then that.

My post was not a gripe that nothing permanent hadn't already been implemented/started but merely a curiosity as to what the ultimate plan for the area was...

Goofyernmost

Two days ago...
My post was not a gripe that nothing permanent hadn't already been implemented/started but merely a curiosity as to what the ultimate plan for the area was...
Glad to hear that you keep your property well groomed. Commendable! I was just stating the obvious, and it might just be me but it sure seemed like, if not a gripe, certainly an expectation that is should be 100% complete by now. It took God seven days to create the universe and all he/she had to do was snap his fingers or wiggle his nose or whatever a God does to create things.

However, in all fairness, I did miscalculate the amount of time that has passed, a normal occurrence for someone my age, it was a week from last Sunday that it opened. So they have had plenty of time to get their act together. They must have the same construction system that the rest of the country does. One man working and 7 or 8 leaning on shovels watching.
:):happy::jawdrop::joyfull:

trainplane3

I think we are going through the sun. Re-entry wouldn't be necessary as we ostensibly launch from a space station. I'd imagine the tunnel under the train track gets us to and from the space-station.
I decided to check WDW's site and it seems you were pretty close: "Feel the push and pull of gravity as you soar into a swirling wormhole for re-entry—an unforgettable first flight in space successfully completed!"

cjkeating

Yeah... I realize that for the area actually WITHIN the old Pixar Place, I was more curious how they might make the entrance to Pixar Place feel a bit more permanently blocked off. I mean, I would assume that blue wall is just temporary until a more permanent solution is implemented. It would be nice if however they more permanently block off the entrance was at least nicely themed (or landscaped).

Going by how they have tried to hide most things in TSL... trees.

djkidkaz

I think context is king here. If TSL had opened with Slinky, Alien and if TSMM was opening as a new attraction here as well, people would be singing the praises of the land having 3 great family attractions all at once. But even now people keep referring to the land only having two attractions cause they forget Mania is also there.

Could the theming be better? Absolutely. But I have to accept that this is what was built and I think it adds what that park needs the most of. Even after Mickey opens in GMR the park will still be in need of family rides. Maybe we are spoiled by all that Magic Kingdom has to offer and expect every park to provide us with the same amount of entertainment? When I book fastpasses for my family to go to MK, we have OPTIONS. It’s not the same 3 fastpasses we choose every time like at the other parks. MK also has nice “filler” attractions like Swiss Family, Tiki, Peoplemover that you can ride that all help to add to the feeling of making each trip to MK a little unique and different than the last trip. So alas, I’ll go to Studios and ride the couple things in TSL, do Muppets and then leave the park.

djkidkaz

I would like to see them just build a huge curved facade back here and maybe they could add an indoor shop in this area. When leaving TSL from here it looks awful cause you are walking into the back of the unthemed GMR building. It’s pretty jarring to say the least.

Giants14

Ill be making the trip to WDW on Monday from Northern Ireland - we are due in Hollywood Studio's on Wednesday.

We managed to get FP for TSM at 8.30am and do Slinky Dog and Alien Saucers on EMH rope drop. Anyone know the wait time on both on rope drop? approx.

Not sure if we'll get both done before TSM FP

spectromagic04

Ill be making the trip to WDW on Monday from Northern Ireland - we are due in Hollywood Studio's on Wednesday.

We managed to get FP for TSM at 8.30am and do Slinky Dog and Alien Saucers on EMH rope drop. Anyone know the wait time on both on rope drop? approx.

Not sure if we'll get both done before TSM FP
Just a heads up they’ve been opening TSL at 6:30am everyday to help spread out the rope drop crowds.

MrPromey

All we know is the number Disney/Universal puts out. The accounting that goes into producing that number or how it breaks down is not known. In my opinion, comparing these official budget numbers is a fruitless exercise.

Pretty much as bad as the movie industry... which come to think of it, these two are also pretty good at working numbers for.

wdizneew

Even after Mickey opens in GMR the park will still be in need of family rides. Maybe we are spoiled by all that Magic Kingdom has to offer and expect every park to provide us with the same amount of entertainment? When I book fastpasses for my family to go to MK, we have OPTIONS. It’s not the same 3 fastpasses we choose every time like at the other parks. MK also has nice “filler” attractions like Swiss Family, Tiki, Peoplemover that you can ride that all help to add to the feeling of making each trip to MK a little unique and different than the last trip. So alas, I’ll go to Studios and ride the couple things in TSL, do Muppets and then leave the park.

MGM/DHS use to have more filler like The Magic of Disney Animation, Honey I Shrunk the Kids: Movie Set Adventure, Backlot Tours + AFI (sorta), Sounds Dangerous (Monster Sound Show), etc. but the park has slowly turned away from its behind the movies theme and the filler is now mostly food stands and shops. Star Wars Launch Bay is filler but it always bothered me that you have to wait in long lines for meet and greets.

I am happy you also go see Muppets 3D because it is amazing and underrated.

wdizneew

Really sad when considering that the Backlot Tour was not filler but in fact THE headliner of the park back when it was an actual studio. At least Disney finally put it out of it's misery.

I was thinking exactly that when I was writing my response. Backlot Tour ultimately became Catastrophe Canyon + ride through a junkyard/shell of a movie studio.

TSL needs a filler like an elaborate Tinker Toy themed playground structure similar to Dinoland USA's Boneyard. It should've been built on the left side to cover the green building you see as you crest the hill on Slinky Dog.

plutofan15

Probably late to the party and someone might have already commented, but I can tell you that while there might be new installed network equipment on June 30, it was not working on June 30 (at night) or on July 2 (in the morning). I found both times that Slinky Dog bridge and back was a dead zone and Swirling Saucer was spotty coverage. It was fine in Midway Mania.

Coverage depends on your carrier - do not know whose antennas those are in the photo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom