Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

wdwgreek

Sorry for the random digression, but just to verify with the studio theme abandoned, the transition to this land is just boom you are in andy's back yard, boom you are in star wars, boom you are in old hollywood. The sound stage thing abandoned, it is just boom you are here now park? Is there any themeing to trasnsition you into TSL? Like with Glaxay's edge in Disneyland its beyond the frontier and is designed to invoke frontier land themes, but here? no so much, we get a tunnel. Does TSL have any similar design transitions for thematic purposes?

hokielutz

Sorry for being lazy... but with the closing of Pixar Place, where does the Woody and Buzz meet and greet go? I don't recall seeing a building in the new Toy Story land for that photo op.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry for the random digression, but just to verify with the studio theme abandoned, the transition to this land is just boom you are in andy's back yard, boom you are in star wars, boom you are in old hollywood. The sound stage thing abandoned, it is just boom you are here now park? Is there any themeing to trasnsition you into TSL? Like with Glaxay's edge in Disneyland its beyond the frontier and is designed to invoke frontier land themes, but here? no so much, we get a tunnel. Does TSL have any similar design transitions for thematic purposes?
Correct, TSL is just bam you are there.

djkidkaz

I wouldn’t even worry about getting there early. I went yesterday morning and arrived to studios at 8:45am and walked right over to TSL and both TSMM and Alien were 30 minutes waits, Slinky was 70. That was 10 days after opening the new land. If anything the waits will just get shorter as time goes on.

Even now, looking on the app at 3:30 in the afternoon Alien is 35 min, mania is 40 min and slinky is 60 min. And you also have to assume those waits are inflated like usual.

spectromagic04

I wouldn’t even worry about getting there early. I went yesterday morning and arrived to studios at 8:45am and walked right over to TSL and both TSMM and Alien were 30 minutes waits, Slinky was 70. That was 10 days after opening the new land. If anything the waits will just get shorter as time goes on.

Even now, looking on the app at 3:30 in the afternoon Alien is 35 min, mania is 40 min and slinky is 60 min. And you also have to assume those waits are inflated like usual.
The park in general today is very dead. Another option is waiting until after 9pm where usually Aliens and TSM become walk on. Slinky would be still around 30/40 minute though.

Jeremy Geertsema

I don't know if anyone else has had these thoughts, but is it not weird that Jessie, Buzz, and Woody meet right across from there talking figurines at the entrance and in Slinky Dog Dash? Like, I thought they are all for character integrity but this just bothers me a little? There's pictures of them meeting right with their talking figures in view...

Sky

I don't know if anyone else has had these thoughts, but is it not weird that Jessie, Buzz, and Woody meet right across from there talking figurines at the entrance and in Slinky Dog Dash? Like, I thought they are all for character integrity but this just bothers me a little? There's pictures of them meeting right with their talking figures in view...

I had the same gripe until I reminded myself that they’re toys and they’re duplicated in the movie series (toy store scenes). I think they just run with that narrative - that there are millions of duplicates of the toys.

ToTBellHop

I had the same gripe until I reminded myself that they’re toys and they’re duplicated in the movie series (toy store scenes). I think they just run with that narrative - that there are millions of duplicates of the toys.
Buzz, sure. But not Woody according to the source material. Jessie is quite rare, too, correct?

14 Buzzes and 23 Zurgs would be fine. 2 Slinky Dogs out on the tracks at the same time is fine as are a couple dozen aliens.

Zurg would be a cool M&G character...

PizzaPlanet

That might be the move. I don't want to be miserable all day from getting absurdly early.

brb1006

Buzz, sure. But not Woody according to the source material. Jessie is quite rare, too, correct?

14 Buzzes and 23 Zurgs would be fine. 2 Slinky Dogs out on the tracks at the same time is fine as are a couple dozen aliens.

Zurg would be a cool M&G character...
Probably the only time Zurg was ever seen at the parks in person would be at a former Disneyland show at Tommorowland called "Club Buzz" made in 2001 back when Buzz Lightyear of Star Command was new.

Jon81uk

Sorry for being lazy... but with the closing of Pixar Place, where does the Woody and Buzz meet and greet go? I don't recall seeing a building in the new Toy Story land for that photo op.
There is no dedicated spot, but they are on the walkway near to the new Toy Story Land entrance.

Yet more loss of airconditioned space. They could quite easily of just built a box of some kind for Woody to meet in, even just proper shade would be better than outdoor for meeting them.
Yes the loss of the old-style random meet and greats outdoors is bad, and it would be great if some more smaller characters did roam more, but for headliners they should be at least in a proper permanent home.

Personally I'm still hoping that some of the old Pixar Place area is turned into a building, using the old TSMM queue and other bits you could make a pretty substantial space in just the front part of the roadway, then leave the far end as backstage. The new building could be Andy's bedroom and house a meet and greet area and maybe some store area. Possibly even a sweet shop (bit like the Big Top at MK).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom