Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

Biff215

Well based on the new surveys going around DAK that ask guests if they'd like to see Zootopia come to the park, that might soon be changing.
I'm glad that gives you hope, but just keep in mind Disney asks thousands of survey questions, most of which never see the light of day.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Why would people being fans of a movie make them hesitant to use the IP?
Not going to go there. I'll see myself out.

Rlandrigan

You might, it seems the company doesn’t.

I want a Black Hole, Treasure Planet and Atlantis ride. I won’t get those either.
All the things they could do with Atlantis!!!!!!!

Sigh.

Maybe if they keep adding ships and buy the resort as a backstop for Castaway Cay we can get Atlantis stuff...

brb1006

popcorn_seinfeld.gif

Well this thread took an amusing turn.

Lemanic

I think the problem here is that Disney is now heavily pigeon-holing all their funny animal IPs as "baby stuff" and thus ain't treating them properly. Zootopia ain't marketed toward tweens. It's marketed towards preschoolers. Therefore the low investment.

The most plausible suggestion I've heard is a Splash Mountain replacement, changing the IP from "The Song of the South" to "Zootopia".

Last edited:

brb1006

You have no butter on that popcorn.

*COMMENT DENIED*
latest

Lesson, I know you want a Zootopia land. But face it, Zootopia will look out of place at AK. The only perfect park for an actual Zootopia attraction would be at DHS using a ride system similar to the Monster Inc attraction "Ride & Go Seek" at Tokyo Disneyland.

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

I think the problem here is that Disney is now heavily pigeon-holing all their funny animal IPs as "baby stuff" and thus ain't treating them properly. Zootopia ain't marketed toward tweens. It's marketed towards preschoolers. Therefore the low investment.
How exactly is it for preschoolers?

1. The movie has many dark scenes, and a few of them can get pretty intense.
2. The movie covers a large topic about prejudice and racism.
3. Most of its fans are teens and adults.

Disney Maddux

latest

Lesson, I know you want a Zootopia land. But face it, Zootopia will look out of place at AK. The only perfect park for an actual Zootopia attraction would be at DHS using a ride system similar to the Tokyo attraction "Ride & Go Seek" after Monster Inc.
I can see it taking over the cast parking behind Star Tours in DHS if it doesn't go to DAK. But my main question to your comment: Why the Ride & Go Seek tech..? I have no idea how they could do that with the Zootopia characters.

Disney Maddux

Has a single insider said anything about Zootopia coming to the parks in a big way? Doesn't look like it.....imho, despite me thoroughly enjoying the film, I don't think the property is as exciting as others when it comes to theme park attraction options.
Well, there are surveys going on in DAK asking guests about a Zootopia area in DAK, so that's something.

Lemanic

How exactly is it for preschoolers?

1. The movie has many dark scenes, and a few of them can get pretty intense.
2. The movie covers a large topic about prejudice and racism.
3. Most of its fans are teens and adults.

I ask the same thing, and Disney keep market it for them. The last little thing I've seen for the IP is a prequel comic about Judy Hopps early years and that's pretty much it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom