Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

Mat Cauthon

I love RoE but the thing I will miss most is actually in the show introduction. When the announcer says "Reflections of Earth" then blows out the torches around WSC was a complete surprise to me first time I saw the show and remains my favorite part. Yeah I know, here's this massive fireworks and fire show with awesome score and my favorite thing is that?? Yep! For me it sets the whole tone and I will never forget the first time I saw it. I'm told I had a jaw drop moment when it happened.
ETA: I hope it's still going during our trip coming in the next couple of months.

CoreNovawarAMM

I love RoE but the thing I will miss most is actually in the show introduction. When the announcer says "Reflections of Earth" then blows out the torches around WSC was a complete surprise to me first time I saw the show and remains my favorite part. Yeah I know, here's this massive fireworks and fire show with awesome score and my favorite thing is that?? Yep! For me it sets the whole tone and I will never forget the first time I saw it. I'm told I had a jaw drop moment when it happened.
ETA: I hope it's still going during our trip coming in the next couple of months.
That beginning part is definitely a highlight of the show for me as well...I remember getting chills the first time I watched it.

Haymarket2008

So will this interim show be publicly called an interim show? Seems a bit bizarre. With Jungle Book in place of RoL, they called it a placeholder. The expectations were tempered because of it, thankfully.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So will this interim show be publicly called an interim show? Seems a bit bizarre. With Jungle Book in place of RoL, they called it a placeholder. The expectations were tempered because of it, thankfully.

Only in WDW would a two year show be called an interim show. In the rest of the world, it's called: a show.

;)

aladdin2007

Only in WDW would a two year show be called an interim show. In the rest of the world, it's called: a show.

;)

I worry about that, their concepts on interim tend to become permanent or way too long being interim. Why not just leave the current show in place until the new one is ready? Isn't that how they bridged the original IllumiNations and ROE? I may have missed the reason if it was already stated sorry.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Likewise, their permanent shows remain too long. A show shouldn't be permanent. Things change, people change, hairstyles change, the stock market fluctuates daily...

Bob Chapek has already given us the answer. Whatever replaces RoE will be "more family, more relevant, more timeless and more Disney". Problem solved!

Biff215

I worry about that, their concepts on interim tend to become permanent or way too long being interim. Why not just leave the current show in place until the new one is ready? Isn't that how they bridged the original IllumiNations and ROE? I may have missed the reason if it was already stated sorry.
While not official, speculation is that this new interim show is in response to Epcot’s declining attendance. As much as many of us love RoE, they can’t use it to draw in crowds anymore. Epcot has so much capacity and they desperately need it used in the next few years.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While not official, speculation is that this new interim show is in response to Epcot’s declining attendance. As much as many of us love RoE, they can’t use it to draw in crowds anymore. Epcot has so much capacity and they desperately need it used in the next few years.
The new show will attempt to address that. The interim would be for different reasons. Let me add plans aren’t finalised yet but this is the proposal.

Last edited:

JohnD

I hope they still do the torches with the modern music before the new show (I have the tracks in a playlist) with them going dark as the show starts.

FullSailDan

Since the HD upgrade I’m not sure. Originally yes, with QuickTime files.

Wishes was still running WindowsME.

There are a lot of legacy systems within P&R that just can't be upgraded without requiring software or utilities to be completely re-written. Rest assured measures are taken to keep them secure... like not connecting them to the network.

There were actually a few scares a while back when Microsoft started "upgrading" systems forcibly as though they were system patches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom