Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Timothy_Q

Maybe its desensitization but at this point, how much a land/attraction cost is irrelevant to me. TWDC has plenty to play with and if they wanna send it down to the "little" men in excess so be it.

In the end it doesnt matter how much to me but the execution.
I don’t know about you, but I’d rather have lands with 4 or 5 rides instead of 2. And I’d love to get the full rides, not just the appetizer version.

So how much they’re paying very much matters.

huwar18

I don’t know about you, but I’d rather have lands with 4 or 5 rides instead of 2. And I’d love to get the full rides, not just the appetizer version.

Do you think they spend way too much on immersion? (Avatar, Carsland, etc....). The immersive lands look amazing. However, I feel like they only come with one or two rides.

rle4lunch

Do you think they spend way too much on immersion? (Avatar, Carsland, etc....). The immersive lands look amazing. However, I feel like they only come with one or two rides.

My gut tells me that one of the reasons Disney attraction price tags are always more than the competition is due to being the 800lbs gorilla in the theme park business. Extra scrutiny falls onto them because everyone is watching them. This creates a litigious environment that bogs down the design, r&d, and overall build times of everything they do.

While we'd like to think that they're half-a$$ing everything and dumbing down ideas all the time, I'm sure there's more to it than that.

huwar18

My gut tells me that one of the reasons Disney attraction price tags are always more than the competition is due to being the 800lbs gorilla in the theme park business. Extra scrutiny falls onto them because everyone is watching them. This creates a litigious environment that bogs down the design, r&d, and overall build times of everything they do.

While we'd like to think that they're half-a$$ing everything and dumbing down ideas all the time, I'm sure there's more to it than that.

That’s a great comparison. It makes a lot of sense. They set the standard and now they have to live up to it. Everything is seen through corporate eyes.

Spash007

I don’t know about you, but I’d rather have lands with 4 or 5 rides instead of 2. And I’d love to get the full rides, not just the appetizer version..

This has been my source of frustration as well. I love getting new lands that are so immersive that in some ways they are their own attraction, so that you don't need to get on a line/ride to experience it. However, it also makes me wonder if they aren't any other rides, is it really worthy of getting it's own land? Is there a chance that in a few years it's not going to be relevant enough to warrant a sizeable portion of a theme park? And then the budget to replace an entire land, rather than just a ride, will be huge.

At the same time, I have an issue with Disney seemingly focusing on one groundbreaking AA per ride - such as the Shaman on NRJ or Q’aráq on Roaring Rapids in Shanghai. It just makes those rides seem so much less when the focus is on one moment, rather than the full journey. Imagine if there were more AA's on NRJ, maybe not as advanced, but something else going on - people would probably have more positive reactions as there would be more memorable portions of it which would make it seem longer. PoTC in Shanghai is an exception, and I'm hoping everything at SW:GE will also buck this trend.

huwar18

Immersive experiences are nothing new and the insane costs are across the board.

Oh yeah, I agree that it is nothing new. I just think about Magic Kingdom. Yes, it is immersive. However, Adventureland has a coherent theme but it’s not immersive like The World of Avatar. I would take lands openly themed like Magic Kingdom lands with more rides than one singular immersive world with one or two rides.

DanielBB8

Do you like the Harry Potter model of various immersive lands where there is one or two substantial attractions each? Hogsmead Village will soon get a high quality roller coaster attraction to share space with Forbidden Journey. I just don’t see how any land can have more than one or two major rides each.

The Disneyland parks have generic themes where major IP or original rides are integrated around it. The major E Tickets are still one or two per land and the rest are filler. One IP per attraction is limiting in the old model.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I couldn't agree more with this post. This is one of the many reasons why AK is such a well constructed park and why I am worried that less than well thought out additions would tarnish it.

I do wonder how far they will go with SWGE... I said to someone that I wouldn't expect to hear a score on either of the rides and they thought I was mad, but if you want immersion you don't get non-diegetic sound.

Actually, Solo established that the Imperial March exists within the world of Star Wars.

ProfSavage

Actually, Solo established that the Imperial March exists within the world of Star Wars.

Not to be that guy but...
DpQ9YJl.png

In both the old X-Wing/Tie Fighter games and in "Rebels," the "Imperial March" was used as the anthem for the Empire... but this is the first time it's used in a movie as such....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom