Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Blog Mickey has more land clearing photos at: http://blogmickey.com/2018/05/photos-land-clearing-begins-for-epcot-area-hotel-support-work/

1526170480280.png

Rteetz

I don't think they can do a 5k through any park if it starts and finishes at WWOS. Taking the new road from Osceola Pkwy to HS parking will take over 3k just to get to the entrance of HS. Even the 10k would probably not make it to Epcot and would just have to go to HS and back. That would not be very interesting for the runners.
Yep they definitely wouldn’t sell a non-park 5K very well.

Kman101

They likely assume most will pay for RunDisney regardless but isn't the appeal going backstage and running through the parks? The WWOS rumor doesn't really surprise me. It could be a way to start phasing it out. I assume they still make some nice money off of it, no?

Rteetz

They likely assume most will pay for RunDisney regardless but isn't the appeal going backstage and running through the parks? The WWOS rumor doesn't really surprise me. It could be a way to start phasing it out. I assume they still make some nice money off of it, no?
Well marathon weekend alone brings in 50,000+ people.

Rteetz

The 5Ks were associated with the Tower 10Miler race weekend. One (I think) was a Mickey’s Haunted Trail Run and the other a Disney’s Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run. Most of these were run on grass and gravel. Very minimal entertainment for obvious reasons.
Ok got it. I never got to try that weekend.

EricsBiscuit

In front of Epcot it's boring. It'll be great at DLR. but I think something more architecturally ambitious to complement SSE is the best.

JohnD

That would be the big blue blob (if I read the maps correctly). The blue blob covers 63 acres, but only 35 is becoming excavated.

The Orange blob is buildable forest. The actual resort, if it goes there, could also eat up backstage buildings and parking.

If a resort is built at the blue blob with monorail access, then it would likely become a deluxe with access to both Epcot and MK via monorail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom