Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

Kamikaze

I was just thinking about that as well. Based on the number of participants and hotel reservations, I think the impact of RD events at WDW is much greater than at DL. You're probably correct, though, and that probably doesn't means a hill of beans to TDO...

While there are only 4 runDisney events at WDW they bring in a ton of people and money. I can't imagine them wanting to get rid of that altogether for a hotel. I've been doing runDisney events for 5 years now. Disneyland doesn't have the space to move around their races like WDW does too.

They could always move Start/Finish to WWOS for everything. Limits their ability to get to the parks as easily, but there is plenty of room there. Would require recertification and measuring of the Marathon course but thats a small detail.

Or building a parking garage or two in the Epcot lots also eliminates the problem with losing parking for the hotel.

Rteetz

They could always move Start/Finish to WWOS for everything. Limits their ability to get to the parks as easily, but there is plenty of room there. Would require recertification and measuring of the Marathon course but thats a small detail.

Or building a parking garage or two in the Epcot lots also eliminates the problem with losing parking for the hotel.
Last time they did the ESPN start or finish people complained so much they changed them. The logistics of the start and finish there were not great either. I wouldn't be surprised if the MK parking lot is used more. They use that lot for the start of Star Wars and Wine and Dine currently.

Kman101

As we saw at DLR, the impact on RunDisney doesn't seem to factor into their decisions. They make plenty on RD, but nothing like a new hotel would bring.

Agreed. RD isn't going to stop them from building hotels. They can just relocate things for RD, it's not that difficult. So what if RD uses some of the parking lots? They can build another lot or two, right?

MrHappy

I zoomed out in Google maps. Is there anything attractive to lookout to from your bedroom window if built in any of these 3 locations? I just see roads, parking lots, messy Forrest. Sure, some rooms may see the top of SSE. But there's no "lake" view so to speak. Unless they fabricate a lake. Orrrrrr, the plan isn't for towers, but more like a Moderate 2-3-4 story design to keep site lines down - but then this low level design wouldn't be able to leverage Illuminations for views. Welp, I'm stumped.

nickys

Premium Member
I zoomed out in Google maps. Is there anything attractive to lookout to from your bedroom window if built in any of these 3 locations? I just see roads, parking lots, messy Forrest. Sure, some rooms may see the top of SSE. But there's no "lake" view so to speak. Unless they fabricate a lake. Orrrrrr, the plan isn't for towers, but more like a Moderate 2-3-4 story design to keep site lines down - but then this low level design wouldn't be able to leverage Illuminations for views. Welp, I'm stumped.

Woods, Theme park and Standard (parking lot and monorail)?

Part of the Beach Club and villas look straight out onto trees that are really close to the balconies. TPV at Bay Lake is basically the parking lot with Space Mountain in the distance (and fireworks at night). Standard view in a lot of resorts is just the parking lot.

MrHappy

[QUOTE="Derrit, post: 8204129,
A view of Space Ship Earth should be the primary focal point of the hotel and its rooms as its the tallest, biggest, and most iconic structure in the park.[/QUOTE]
So the idea of "illuminations" view rooms are not a factor then. Therefore maybe it will be more of a sprawled out resort vs tower design. The pretty things to look at will be ground level within the resort, while SSE looks overhead-ish like a planet within this resorts futuristic setting

MrHappy

Woods, Theme park and Standard (parking lot and monorail)?

Part of the Beach Club and villas look straight out onto trees that are really close to the balconies. TPV at Bay Lake is basically the parking lot with Space Mountain in the distance (and fireworks at night). Standard view in a lot of resorts is just the parking lot.
BLT has alot more eye candy in ots surroundings than this would.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A sixth resort? Seems like most of the real estate has been claimed, unless it doesn't need to be on Crescent Lake.
Could you be referring to the 3rd Swolfin Tower? One could only hope for that office building to be shelved.
Nothing to do with Swolphin, nor as Steve said on Crescent Lake. The land between The Land and the solar farm was being looked at, sat north of Epcot Resorts Blvd.

surfsupdon

RunDisney is nearly as critical to the filling of parks in the "off-season" as the Epcot Festivals are. These are not going away, especially when they've only introduced more as time goes on.
I agree.

But I do think runDisney will eventually move out of Epcot’s lot. They will need all that parking for Guardians and WS additions and whatever other plans are happening.

Tho not preferred, runDisney start or finish or both can move to WWoS. They have made plenty of unpopular decisions in the past but still flourish.

Rteetz

Tho not preferred, runDisney start or finish or both can move to WWoS. They have made plenty of unpopular decisions in the past but still flourish.
I don't know if they would continue to flourish. runDisney has a pretty big repeat runner base myself included. While I never experienced a WWoS start or finish they sounded like a nightmare. The start was probably better than the finish. I wonder if they could/would use the AK parking lot too.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I heard strong and rotten rumours that runDisney start/finish lines are moving to WWoS. Because of a new hotel. Eeek.

I don't think they can do a 5k through any park if it starts and finishes at WWOS. Taking the new road from Osceola Pkwy to HS parking will take over 3k just to get to the entrance of HS. Even the 10k would probably not make it to Epcot and would just have to go to HS and back. That would not be very interesting for the runners.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom