Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
In the green section of this map, it certainly looks like it could.

And that's a good point. The potential drawback to a hotel like this is isolation. Sure it's going to have instant access to EPCOT, and that's great if you are going to EPCOT. But what about traversing the rest of the resort? What happens at 9pm, if you want to go somewhere else on property? IMO - That's the one major drawback of CSR and CBR (In CBR's case it will be remedied somewhat once the Gondola's start up).

I'm hoping they have some sort of connector over to Boardwalk. Or possibly, if the Gondola system works out, they'll build an extension.
Nothing has been announced yet so I'll reserve judgment. Maybe these things will be addressed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And that's a good point. The potential drawback to a hotel like this is isolation. Sure it's going to have instant access to EPCOT, and that's great if you are going to EPCOT. But what about traversing the rest of the resort?

It'll be a short walk to monorail to take it to MK. So, it will have monorail access to 2 resorts. They'll unfortunately have to bus to DHS even though it's so close (although with a hopper and a mile walk, they can get to the gondola and/or ferry... or walk another mile).

But the MK resorts have the same issue: Monorail to MK and Epcot but bus to DHS and DAK.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
But the MK resorts have the same issue: Monorail to MK and Epcot but bus to DHS and DAK.

I was referencing more so the options available. Staying at the Contemp - I could monorail it over to Kona for dinner or Trader Sam's for a drink, could take a quick boat ride to Trails End or Hoop Dee Do. Staying at Boardwalk hotels - I could eat dinner at Yachtsman or go for a drink at AbracadaBar while staying at the Dolphin with very little hassle.

Clamman73

This lake of that size of the green area looks about half the size of Seven Seas...gonna be interesting to watch this being made...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was referencing more so the options available. Staying at the Contemp - I could monorail it over to Kona for dinner or Trader Sam's for a drink, could take a quick boat ride to Trails End or Hoop Dee Do. Staying at Boardwalk hotels - I could eat dinner at Yachtsman or go for a drink at AbracadaBar while staying at the Dolphin with very little hassle.

Yes, less off-park options. But, being a deluxe, it should have its own signature restaurants, plus, you can pop into Epcot for all their great restaurants. (If you can afford a deluxe and not afford the hopper... I dunno.)

If that DAK - DS new transportation comes into being that @marni1971 hints about, maybe it'd pass the front gate of Epcot...

the.dreamfinder

They could always move Start/Finish to WWOS for everything. Limits their ability to get to the parks as easily, but there is plenty of room there. Would require recertification and measuring of the Marathon course but thats a small detail.

Or building a parking garage or two in the Epcot lots also eliminates the problem with losing parking for the hotel.
In a better world, Disney would have built parking garages at Epcot large enough to handle both it and DHS with express/resort monorail service between the two parks and the Crescent Lake resorts

tonymu

Premium Member
If it ends up getting built on the bus stop side or even a little further South behind the Seas it could have a little walkway down to Beach Club. It would be a shorter walk to the Gondola than going through EPCOT and also allow you visit any of the Crescent Lake resorts and Boardwalk with a little stroll through the trees and along the canal.

Cesar R M

In the green section of this map, it certainly looks like it could.
1526170480280-png.283556
the hotel on the bottom right is the Old Key West, right?

*edit*
Nevermind, it was the Caribbean, the one on the top right is the old key west. below the Port Orleans French Quarter.

SpaceMountain77

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom