Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

P_Radden

As I said there’s always the bus stop. Or Imagine. Or Explore.
@marni1971 Okay that is twice you have stated this exact response - we have known for a while that out front or bus stop was two options....but are you saying here that Imagination pavilion is now on the table as well? Not sure what to make of explore here....
Parking lot names.
For Visual Reference:
asdfad.png

RobbinsDad

Of all the new projects at WDW, this is the one I could either love or hate the most. As mentioned, a retro-future design hotel, in the spirit of original EPCOT architecture, seamlessly transitioning to SSE, and incorporating the monorail would be simply amazing. A BLT copy without any architectural synergy to the park would be extremely disappointing - one of the biggest missed opportunities in WDW history.

Kman101

So, I'm confused (doesn't take much ...), the hotel's "confirmed". But we still don't have clarity on it's actual location? I know I've read every page and every post ....

@marni1971

Kamikaze

So, I'm confused (doesn't take much ...), the hotel's "confirmed". But we still don't have clarity on it's actual location? I know I've read every page and every post ....

They need rooms. The entrance area of Epcot is one of their preferred locations to put some of those rooms.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'd say the Imagine location would be "better" (and I use that term loosely), as Explore is used for RunDisney event parking. But either of those would have an impact on the RunDisney events, as the Start and/or Finish line is in Wonder (I think... It's been 2 years since I was there for a RunDisney event).

Unplugged

Well, if went into Imagine/Explore/Wonder, part of the resort could help hide the new GotG back building. But that seems like it would also make a horrible view for up selling rooms, unless they positioned backstage portions of the resort facing it. I don't think a lot of folks would want to pay extra at a Deluxe resort for a view of a giant wall of the GotG building. Perhaps their planning on painting a big mural and calling it "Art Facing" views? I'd venture to say, parking garages would be mandatory if they use any of these lot locations as those are a significant number of spaces. I suppose only time will tell.

Kamikaze

I'd say the Imagine location would be "better" (and I use that term loosely), as Explore is used for RunDisney event parking. But either of those would have an impact on the RunDisney events, as the Start and/or Finish line is in Wonder (I think... It's been 2 years since I was there for a RunDisney event).

As we saw at DLR, the impact on RunDisney doesn't seem to factor into their decisions. They make plenty on RD, but nothing like a new hotel would bring.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
As we saw at DLR, the impact on RunDisney doesn't seem to factor into their decisions. They make plenty on RD, but nothing like a new hotel would bring.

I was just thinking about that as well. Based on the number of participants and hotel reservations, I think the impact of RD events at WDW is much greater than at DL. You're probably correct, though, and that probably doesn't means a hill of beans to TDO...

Rteetz

While there are only 4 runDisney events at WDW they bring in a ton of people and money. I can't imagine them wanting to get rid of that altogether for a hotel. I've been doing runDisney events for 5 years now. Disneyland doesn't have the space to move around their races like WDW does too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom