Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

rnese

In regards to the Nemo musical, if the area is going to have a retheme, it doesn't belong there. I don't know that thematically it fits now. However, it's a great show and should stay on the property. Perhaps build a theater accessible from inside Living Seas (ala Soarin' in Land), in "Studios", if indeed the newly imagined park will still have a place for shows, or Fantasyland. Heck, they could build an entire theater on the footprint the Little Mermaid's queue takes up. (I swear, by the time I walk from the beginning of that queue to get into a clam mobile, I could have walked to the Contemporary!)

MouseMelly

Just an odd thought... the Iguanodons were in this year’s March Magic with a very slim (and oddball) field. Any chance they were researching fan loyalty to the brand? 🤷🏻‍♀️

FigmentJedi

In regards to the Nemo musical, if the area is going to have a retheme, it doesn't belong there. I don't know that thematically it fits now. However, it's a great show and should stay on the property. Perhaps build a theater accessible from inside Living Seas (ala Soarin' in Land), in "Studios", if indeed the newly imagined park will still have a place for shows, or Fantasyland. Heck, they could build an entire theater on the footprint the Little Mermaid's queue takes up. (I swear, by the time I walk from the beginning of that queue to get into a clam mobile, I could have walked to the Contemporary!)
Theater of the Wild has only ever been placed in Dinoland USA because of proximity. Through its entire life, it's just kinda been off in its own little corner away from everything else.

ChewbaccaYourMum

I keep reading how Dinosaur is scary... or, has scares... where? What did I miss? I've ridden that thing like 30 times and it just gets lamer and lamer every time. (Paraphrasing Beetlejuice)

Scary for an 8 year old maybe...
Yup never understood where the "scary " part in Dinosaur is... Maybe scary cause people are still scared of the dark?

Movielover

I keep reading how Dinosaur is scary... or, has scares... where? What did I miss? I've ridden that thing like 30 times and it just gets lamer and lamer every time. (Paraphrasing Beetlejuice)

Scary for an 8 year old maybe...
Yup never understood where the "scary " part in Dinosaur is... Maybe scary cause people are still scared of the dark?

The Carnotaurus roars were much more in your face and louder, especially the final encounter before the astroid impact. Also the pursuit after the "stuck in the mud" scene was alot more intense with the sounds of the carnotoururus right behind you. All of these louder sounds combined with more intense motion when the ride open caused whiny parents to do what they do best and complain to Disney to change everything to not upset their little princes and princesses...

britain

Well, call me a little prince then. I was 26 the last time I rode it (15 years ago) and yes it was scary. But more to the point, it was uncomfortably loud. An amalgum of a tiger's roar mixed with trumpets is instinctively scary enough - it doesn't need to be deafening. I don't mind riding something scary that also won't cause permanent hearing damage (unfortunately now DL's Matterhorn has the same problem).

nickys

Premium Member
I don’t think the other parks would benefit from a FoP. Magic Kingdom could only really use it in Adventureland or Tomorrowland, which would feel redundant. EPCOT already has Soarin’ (which still works now, but would immediately show its age if it sat next to FoP), and DHS doesn’t need another simulator.

I think the park that loses the boat ride gets nothing, unless it goes to EPCOT and DHS manages to get Indy back.

Not that I think it will happen, but Frontierland in Mk could also use it. That's where the expansion plot is that's the easiest to use next. Is there any reason why the Shanghai Pirates technology couldn't be used there?

What I want to see is DHS to get Indy, but in addition to a revamp of the stunt show, creating the mini IJ land. Not to replace the stunt show.

But since it seems that Dinosaur is going, then I think Indy will go there.

Regardless of that, Epcot should get the new Shanghai Pirates ride system, in Germany where it can finally be used to do something similar, but better (as in updated) than the original proposal. No idea what exactly, but I'm sure it can be pretty spectacular. But the technology seems to fit well there, imo.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

britain

Regardless of that, Epcot should get the new ride system, in Germany where it can finally be used to do something similar, but better (as in updated) than the original proposal. No idea what exactly, but I'm sure it can be pretty spectacular. But the technology seems to fit well there, imo.

Is it possible that Coco has stalled in Mexico because they are considering this new system rather than a simple refresh of El Rio / 3 Cabs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom