The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Yum! It looks so darn good!

Thanks!!!!!
It was awesomely good!!!!! :hungry:
There are 3 locations now, but, that's the original location just down the road from us that opened in'75...!!!
And, if you don't want fried catfish, the have grilled catfish, fried chicken, grilled chicken, chicken fried steak, fried shrimp, fried oysters, etc. never had a bad meal there in the almost 42 years we've lived here...!!!!!!!!! :hungry:

Goofyernmost

Just came out of hiding for awhile from a Tornado Warning. @21stamps and @dryerlintfan last week was your turn, today was mine. NO MORE Tornado Warnings for Ohio!!! And tomorrow we're getting two inches of snow. :cautious:
We are still under a Tornado watch here until 11pm. 7 years to the day of the last one to touch down in the Raleigh area. It really doesn't seem all that bad out there right now, maybe the storm will pass by and think to itself... been there, done that... no need to do it again.

donaldtoo

I would love to move but my husband doesn’t want to. And he loves his job and it makes him happy to be here. I want him to be happy and I’m usually happy here from April to October. And the cost of living in my area is better than Some warmer places so that makes me happy.

I actually would love to move to California but whenever he starts to think about it there seems to be some calamity worse than snow. And hubs shuts down the California dreams.

Many of us on here, I think, like to complain a little about the weather and have a little dream of moving somewhere warm. Or at least dream about heat.🙂

Yep, California Dreamin', indeed...! ;)
As many of you know, we lived in No Cal (specifically, San Jose) for 8 years from '68-'76, and it was a place we loved, for the most part, but, ultimately, we were much happier getting back closer to family in Texas.
We were talking about it today at mom and pops to celebrate moms 79th birthday (and, still waiting for youngest DD to send me her pics of said event, as my storage was full at the time :cyclops:), but, they paid about 22k for our second home in San Jose in '71, after renting the first one in a different neighborhood. They sold it for about 58k in '76.
That same home in San Jose is now appraised at about 977k...yes, you read that correct...977k...!!!!!! :greedy: :greedy: :greedy:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Years ago, I worked for a hotel company that had a property in New Orleans. I recall the general manager telling colleagues that if they went out on Bourbon Street at night, to stay directly on that street only, and not even think of going down any side streets, etc. He also suggested to dress down a bit and not look like a target. Luckily, no incidents, and they all had a great time down there.
Yes, I'm sure it has varied over the years...!
We've only been there twice...once on our second wedding anni. back in Dec. of '90 when DWifey was pregnant with our oldest, and the trip in Sept. of '15 for youngests 21st birthday...!
We love it, and plan on going back, although not sure when...! :cyclops:

You know, we wandered all over that City after dark and never felt unsafe. Bourbon Street was pretty crowded so we were on the side streets a lot. It was fun!! But i wouldn't have felt as safe with a kid in tow. New Orleans feels dirty, and smelly, but it never once felt unsafe to me.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just came out of hiding for awhile from a Tornado Warning. @21stamps and @dryerlintfan last week was your turn, today was mine. NO MORE Tornado Warnings for Ohio!!! And tomorrow we're getting two inches of snow. :cautious:

Glad to hear that the tornado warning was lifted. The weather you're having is apparently all over the country now, but with different effects in different states.

Today is the Boston marathon, and those runners will have a tough time (not that running a marathon isn't tough enough to begin with! :jawdrop: ). It's 35 degrees now (at 5:30 AM) and the winds are 22-30 mph. It's raining and the rain and wind are expected to pick up even more by midday. There may be some soaking showers and even a possible thunder storm early in the afternoon. Ugh--what a lousey day for the runners. :banghead: (I also worry a bit about hypothermia for some, under these conditions.)

Goofyernmost

You know, we wandered all over that City after dark and never felt unsafe. Bourbon Street was pretty crowded so we were on the side streets a lot. It was fun!! But i wouldn't have felt as safe with a kid in tow. New Orleans feels dirty, and smelly, but it never once felt unsafe to me.
The smell of the Bourbon Street area is a delightful mix of beer and vomit. Yet, it seems to have it's own charm. My youngest went to Tulane so on her graduation our whole family was there including my Mother who was 80 at the time. She had a blast on Bourbon Street and saw some things that she never even imagined in all her 80 years. She was a hoot and her comments on things she was seeing had all of us doubled over in laughter.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The smell of the Bourbon Street area is a delightful mix of beer and vomit. Yet, it seems to have it's own charm. My youngest went to Tulane so on her graduation our whole family was there including my Mother who was 80 at the time. She had a blast on Bourbon Street and saw some things that she never even imagined in all her 80 years. She was a hoot and her comments on things she was seeing had all of us doubled over in laughter.

About 7 years ago there was a big youth gathering in New Orleans and I helped chaperone that trip. We took the kids down Bourbon Street during the day and we saw plenty of interesting things just during the day! And we were told that while the gathering was in town businesses were asked to keep stuff a little more family friendly, the gathering had about 45,000 people most of them them teens. So I can imagine (or maybe not) what you all saw! We did like the city overall, and the food....great stuff! Hubs and I would like to go back someday, without chaperoning 20 teenagers.

Goofyernmost

About 7 years ago there was a big youth gathering in New Orleans and I helped chaperone that trip. We took the kids down Bourbon Street during the day and we saw plenty of interesting things just during the day! And we were told that while the gathering was in town businesses were asked to keep stuff a little more family friendly, the gathering had about 45,000 people most of them them teens. So I can imagine (or maybe not) what you all saw! We did like the city overall, and the food....great stuff! Hubs and I would like to go back someday, without chaperoning 20 teenagers.
I have some fun memories there like having alligator gumbo** on the Sanchez. Swamp tours and other things. I've been a lot of places, but, nothing even remotely is like New Orleans. A must see at least once in a lifetime.
Tastes like chicken!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom