Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

Disney Maddux

There is a very small and weak rumor I heard that if not a Zootopia area going up north of Kali, we could possibly see the amazing comeback of the Beastly Kingdom?

RSoxNo1

The layout of the Animal Kingdom has some short sighted problems. Removing the train or removing Kali River Rapids would open up a huge area of land. While not dismissing Jim's Zootopia rumor, it make a lot more sense to have the entrance of an attraction that opens up to the larger area of land.

If I was doing the full build out on the Animal Kingdom I'd hit Dinoland first and then remove Kali River Rapids in favor of a bigger and better Anandapur that utilizes the form Asian Safari plot.

peter11435

The layout of the Animal Kingdom has some short sighted problems. Removing the train or removing Kali River Rapids would open up a huge area of land. While not dismissing Jim's Zootopia rumor, it make a lot more sense to have the entrance of an attraction that opens up to the larger area of land.

If I was doing the full build out on the Animal Kingdom I'd hit Dinoland first and then remove Kali River Rapids in favor of a bigger and better Anandapur that utilizes the form Asian Safari plot.
Between Kali, Everest, maharajah, caravan stage and the other animal exhibits and commercial locations im not sure Asia really needs expanded. It’s pretty well developed as it is.

The plot behind Asia can be accessed without having to remove Kali or the wildlife Express train simply by using a walking path from the Bradley falls area. There is room and the distance would not be greater than the path from the pizzafari corner down to Pandora.

HauntedMansionFLA

Did Disney actually give Mysterious Island a serious look at one time? I’m a big Jules Verne fan.
Also, I wish their was a conservation message regarding our oceans, lakes and rivers. South America’s rain forest along with its creatures would be a nice addition.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Did Disney actually give Mysterious Island a serious look at one time? I’m a big Jules Verne fan.
Also, I wish their was a conservation message regarding our oceans, lakes and rivers. South America’s rain forest along with its creatures would be a nice addition.

Maybe they can revisit 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here are the lands we're talking about...

RaXmAID.png

Castle Cake Apologist

I just don't see any stretch that would make Zootopia fit into DAK. Other than the characters being animals, what connection is there to DAK's mission? The movie is an allegory for very human-centered themes and has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual animal kingdom or ecosystems or conservation.

I would much rather see an area dedicated to the Americas, Australia, or the Arctic. Imagine penguins at DAK!

splash327

I just don't see any stretch that would make Zootopia fit into DAK. Other than the characters being animals, what connection is there to DAK's mission? The movie is an allegory for very human-centered themes and has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual animal kingdom or ecosystems or conservation.

I would much rather see an area dedicated to the Americas, Australia, or the Arctic. Imagine penguins at DAK!

That would be so cool! Or Kangaroos!

peter11435

Exactly. Zootopia does NOT fit at DAK.

Bairstow

I think Sea World's Antarctica area (the ride itself excepted) is about the best stab at that sort of thing one could expect in a Florida theme park, and the temperature is just too big of a disconnect.

Australia, on the other hand, could be a perfect fit.

I wouldn't even be opposed to mild cloning of part of the Grizzly Peak area from California Adventure, though neither major attraction would work for AKL, of course.
Has anyone ever considered the possibility of Disney building something at AKL directly based on the Florida swamps, or are alligators too much of a sore subject for the foreseeable future?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom