Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
January 31st:

At the moment it isn’t but let’s just say demolition isn’t as certain as it may once have been.

There’s also a semi recent idea that maybe festival space isn’t the best use of a $85 million dollar facility.

In the meantime anything used by cast or guests has to be maintained. It’s likely this is work that can’t be ignored anymore.

montyz81

That was EPCOT Center circa 1978. Clockwise from the bottom you have SSE, Energy, Land and Mineral, Transportation, FutureProbe, The Seas and Century 3 (which shouldn’t have existed on the same model as Futureprobe - often these pavilions were swapped in and out of the model almost daily)
I have to say, the transportation concept in that picture was something that I think people would love. I still think there could be some version of that today. They way you described it in your video, it sounded like a cross between WOM and TT2.0. That's a ride I could sink my teeth into. Not sure you could ever get me off it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have to say, the transportation concept in that picture was something that I think people would love. I still think there could be some version of that today. They way you described it in your video, it sounded like a cross between WOM and TT2.0. That's a ride I could sink my teeth into. Not sure you could ever get me off it.
One version had two ride thru attractions. A lavish omnimover and also the exterior track ride.

Otterhead

Yes, I believe the Arts is rather nice. Though since we partly go for the weather I doubt we'll ever see it.
Having been previously for the F&W Fest and Flower & Garden, I have to say that the Arts festival is by far my favorite of the Epcot Fests. Fewer booths with much higher quality food, lower crowds, and the emphasis on art & beauty more than "woo! wine! beer!!!" seems to make it a much more low key atmosphere. Too many people seem to take on the F&W Fest as a sort of challenge these days. And temperatures were in the upper-70s/low-80s when I was there, so the weather cooperated as well, surprisingly.

Seabasealpha1

Having been previously for the F&W Fest and Flower & Garden, I have to say that the Arts festival is by far my favorite of the Epcot Fests. Fewer booths with much higher quality food, lower crowds, and the emphasis on art & beauty more than "woo! wine! beer!!!" seems to make it a much more low key atmosphere. Too many people seem to take on the F&W Fest as a sort of challenge these days. And temperatures were in the upper-70s/low-80s when I was there, so the weather cooperated as well, surprisingly.
What ever happened to that technology festival idea? Anyone recall this or was I hallucinating?

seascape

I agree, the Festival of Arts is the best festival. I would put Flower and Garden second, Holidays third and Food and Wine fourth. I like them all and go to all 4, in 4 different trips.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I believe so. It sounds far better than Food n Booze. I’ve several local friends who say the same as you too. Shame it’s at the wrong end of the year for us. Less booths and less alcohol emphasis would be a huge plus.

larandtra

Just my opinion. I think Epcot has become a shell of its former self. Im pretty sure everyone agrees there. The ideas bantered around by fans, whether just fantasy or based on some tidbit of info are interesting to discuss. I am not opposed to festivals. I like all of them, though I do believe the F&W has become rather obnoxious at times. I enjoy the foods and just the atmosphere, but, it has gradually eroded and my excitement isnt really there for it any longer. That being said, allowing the rest of the park to fall apart in order to concentrate on festivals is absolutely unacceptable. And then the attempt at quick fixes or bring in one huge attraction ( that is questionable as to the fit) makes no sense and is a cop out. This park should be the crown jewel. Yeah Magic Kingdom blah blah. I get it. But, for some of us, Epcot should be the park that noone else can duplicate. And could still be. But, not the way they are going about it. Sometimes change in management is a good thing. And hopefully that has begun to happen. Much of the issue goes back to the same issues that have existed at WDW in ALL parks and overall management for a while. Lack of direction and one vision.Until that is addressed, nothing else will be fixed

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The article on that site say that Disney has announced it will no longer be used as a Festival Center. Anyone know where this announcement was made?
I asked this very question a page or so ago, but still haven't heard where that source came from. I feel this very speculative at this point but I wouldn't rule out some changes in the future given there what @marni1971 said and also the fact the high ups are touring the WOL building again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The article on that site say that Disney has announced it will no longer be used as a Festival Center. Anyone know where this announcement was made?
I asked this very question a page or so ago, but still haven't heard where that source came from. I feel this very speculative at this point but I wouldn't rule out some changes in the future given there what @marni1971 said and also the fact the high ups are touring the WOL building again.
I’d love to see the announcement too. I say that as a fan.

AJDMB05

Just my opinion. I think Epcot has become a shell of its former self. Im pretty sure everyone agrees there. The ideas bantered around by fans, whether just fantasy or based on some tidbit of info are interesting to discuss. I am not opposed to festivals. I like all of them, though I do believe the F&W has become rather obnoxious at times. I enjoy the foods and just the atmosphere, but, it has gradually eroded and my excitement isnt really there for it any longer. That being said, allowing the rest of the park to fall apart in order to concentrate on festivals is absolutely unacceptable. And then the attempt at quick fixes or bring in one huge attraction ( that is questionable as to the fit) makes no sense and is a cop out. This park should be the crown jewel. Yeah Magic Kingdom blah blah. I get it. But, for some of us, Epcot should be the park that noone else can duplicate. And could still be. But, not the way they are going about it. Sometimes change in management is a good thing. And hopefully that has begun to happen. Much of the issue goes back to the same issues that have existed at WDW in ALL parks and overall management for a while. Lack of direction and one vision.Until that is addressed, nothing else will be fixed

Felt like everything changed once Horizons closed. In the '96-'99 timeframe, original JII became JIYI, Horizons closed, WoM became Test Track (which I ultimately love but was obviously a huge shift in style of ride), UoE changed over to Ellen, and by 2002 everything felt disjointed. Everything left that hadn't changed much (Seas, Land, WoL, SSE) felt incredibly outdated at the time. I don't know, hard to put into words.

As far as WoL now, I'd be surprised if they kept the dome as is. I love it, miss the music most of all, but it feels like they should just put it out of its misery. I'm starting to think I won't get to see it again in its current incarnation anyway.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Based on the comments to the post it sounds like the "announcement" is being implied from the fact that Disney does not list a Festival Center for the Flower and Garden Festival this year.

crxbrett

I'm definitely a fan of the festivals at Epcot. For me, they really build on the idea that it is a giant world's fair - showcasing food, arts or crafts from all over the globe. It also gives WS a more festive, lively atmosphere - which seems like some people dislike, but personally I enjoy that energy the festivals create.

Now, with that being said, I do think that they run entirely way too long and much too frequent. F&W should only be 4 weeks long and so forth.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Based on the comments to the post it sounds like the "announcement" is being implied from the fact that Disney does not list a Festival Center for the Flower and Garden Festival this year.

Or, the announcement went out to the CMs that work the festival, or, to the vendors who usually set up shop in WoL for the festival. It certainly wasn't a general public announcement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom