Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Interesting timing to not use it for the upcoming Flower Fest. You would think they would use it again one last time unless something imminent is about to happen to that space.

Monorail_Red_77

Why would it be odd? Roofs have to be maintained pretty regularly. I don't know about you, but I would be pretty ticked if I paid a few hundred for a food and wine seminar and the building it was being held in had trash cans all over the place to catch water from a leaking roof.
I think that it is odd coupled with the fact that WoL is not going to be used as Festival Center this year for Flower Fest, so I have heard. But will have to wait and see. Perhaps there is just a delay in opening Festival Center until roof project wraps up. Plus there is still time until Festival starts on 28th.

wdwgreek

Any idea where the festival center will be relocated to? The only other large space I can think of is the warehouse they used for the Millennium Village, but I believe that's used for storage now.
My money is on the Odyssey Center. Seems, I know for Food and Wine it was open.

Otterhead

My money is on the Odyssey Center. Seems, I know for Food and Wine it was open.
They do indeed always use it for the festivals, both for serving food and for housing special events, demos, and displays. But it's really not a very large space, so if they want a spot with a similar size as WoL, they'd need to use the empty Communicore space as well, at the very least.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think that it is odd coupled with the fact that WoL is not going to be used as Festival Center this year for Flower Fest, so I have heard. But will have to wait and see. Perhaps there is just a delay in opening Festival Center until roof project wraps up. Plus there is still time until Festival starts on 28th.
You still fix roofs that are leaking if you have even the slightest chance of using the building for anything.

Spash007

Could this all just be that when they were doing the roof work, or at some other point recently, they came across a larger issue that needs to be addressed asap and cannot/wouldn't make sense to do when it is in use? Something structural for example that would make it unsafe. I want to hope it's for an attraction, but I feel like there could be so many possibilities for what seems like a quick change.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Could this all just be that when they were doing the roof work, or at some other point recently, they came across a larger issue that needs to be addressed asap and cannot/wouldn't make sense to do when it is in use? Something structural for example that would make it unsafe. I want to hope it's for an attraction, but I feel like there could be so many possibilities for what seems like a quick change.
It is absolutely possible. You rarely know the extent of the damage until you start ripping things apart.

Bender123

Here...I'll do it.

While fixing the roof...

wait for it....

They.

Found.

A.

Sink.

Hole.

;)

They found Horizons down in that sink hole. It was right next to the monorail extension pylons, Walts Cryogenic tube, the original area loop of UoE and the entire cast of Stitch's Supersonic Celebration. The executives were leading the workers on a "tour" into the hole, if you get my meaning.

trainplane3

They found Horizons down in that sink hole. It was right next to the monorail extension pylons, Walts Cryogenic tube, the original area loop of UoE and the entire cast of Stitch's Supersonic Celebration. The executives were leading the workers on a "tour" into the hole, if you get my meaning.
I heard a very angry Dreamfinder was guarding all of it too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom