News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

jimbaker84

This thread cracks me up...but it'll be more fun when Disney announce the space will revert to cast member parking. :p
Probably a good shout. I'd say they've probably realised they haven't allocated enough money (even though they have bundles) to follow through on all of what was promised at D23. Hopefully I'm wrong and they do something fitting with the space.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How long is "a little" in Disney terms? Does this mean one of the already announced rides will use it, or is it proposed to use it for something new for after the 50th?

Maybe should have quoted the previous post - this is in relation to the FoP technology.
It’s nothing announced yet. It might not happen. One has more of a chance than the other I think.

jaxonp

Yea that's just the thing... disney has so much cash they are sitting on. They are going to be creating more problems by not investing by expanding park capacity asap. Rides and a few shows are needed so badly. If we think MK is already bursting at the seams just wait when Star Wars opens... it will be a big hot mess.

Remember when nobody was excited for Pandora???? Remember when Pandora rides were under 3 hours ever... like ever? The thirst for new is real, give the people what they want Bob! Please and thank you!

jaxonp

I know it's all speculation at this point, but a looping coaster instead of a broadway style theater which can be enjoyed by people of all ages? Stop trying to compete with your thrill ride neighbors to the north. :mad:

Umm raging spirits is not something Disney would compete with.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It did seem to be an odd back area to put a theater and interfere with the existing park infrastructure back there (I used to park there when I was a contractor)

bcoachable

Indeed...

That's also assuming that they are eager to spend the money in the first place...

In case you're new to the game out there..."budget" means absolutely nothing in this context. Budget gets the kids hopes up.

What was the announced "budget" for fantasyland? What did they spend?

Same with toy story.

Buyer: beware.

Unless we are talking about a magical bracelet...

jaxonp

It was a bigger hit than Tron and Ratatouille

Worldwide Box Office Numbers Without Inflation:

2007 Rat 626,549,695
2010 Tron 400,062,763
2016 Moana 639,537,208

Rat sitting pretty almost 10 years before Moana... Inflation numbers would destroy Moana. Tron inflation numbers would be not too far behind Moana and we all know how awesome of a ride it made.

Timothy_Q

Rat sitting pretty almost 10 years before Moana... Inflation numbers would destroy Moana. Tron inflation numbers would be not too far behind Moana and we all know how awesome of a ride it made.

Then we both agree, great.

There's also been a ton or rumours recently regarding Coco, Brave and Wreck it Ralph, all of which have similar box office numbers.
So I don't see the issue with Moana

jaxonp

I realize WDW isn't going to steal guests from Uni with a ride like this. You missed my point...what has the greater age appeal...a looping coaster or productions at the theater?

Easy. The right looping coaster with the right theme. You do see how busy mine train, space mountain and big thunder are, right? People like coasters with good theme. It doesn't have to be an Intamin show stopper with 10 loops but that doesn't mean it couldn't be something a little more aggressive than Mine Train with a random loop or not.

britain

Easy. The right looping coaster with the right theme. You do see how busy mine train, space mountain and big thunder are, right? People like coasters with good theme. It doesn't have to be an Intamin show stopper with 10 loops but that doesn't mean it couldn't be something a little more aggressive than Mine Train with a random loop or not.

Random loop, I like that. Sometimes the track will have a loop on it. Sometimes it won't! You'll never know!

po1998

Huge difference in age appeal when comparing SDMT, BTMRR and SM versus a coaster with a "random loop".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom