News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Random loop, I like that. Sometimes the track will have a loop on it. Sometimes it won't! You'll never know!

Actually, that would make for a pretty interesting concept... use switch tracks like on Everest or at the stations on Thunder Mountain. You have maybe three or four segments and depending on how the switches are aligned, you either go on the "A" side (which maybe has two vertical loops) of the segment or the "B" side (which maybe has a helix and an airtime hill) of the segment and after the segment the tracks converge to a single MCBR before another switch track leading to two different segments. The segments are chosen randomly, so maybe one time you get AAB and the next time you get BBB, etc... would make it so each ride is unique and different (though it also means you are building and theming track that will only be used for half of the riders which would make the cost substantially more)... maybe an idea for over on the Imageneering Boards...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Then we both agree, great.

There's also been a ton or rumours recently regarding Coco, Brave and Wreck it Ralph, all of which have similar box office numbers.
So I don't see the issue with Moana

...and yet...none of those numbers make any sense for an attraction based on the operational patterns...

Which is probably why they "indefinitely delayed" that Coco announcement

Timothy_Q

...and yet...none of those numbers make any sense for an attraction based on the operational patterns...

The point was someone didn't understand why there was speculation around a Moana attraction.

And the answer: for the same reason there's been speculation around Coco, Brave and Wreck it Ralph
All movies with similar popularity, judging by box office numbers

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The point was someone didn't understand why there was speculation around a Moana attraction.

And the answer: for the same reason there's been speculation around Coco, Brave and Wreck it Ralph
All movies with similar popularity, judging by box office numbers

I agree that Moana is worthy of consideration...but it doesn't pass the sniff test. And if you're gonna bet odds...you're gonna be right more often than not with the sniff test.

Captain Barbossa

Waiting for other insiders to confirm Moana theater to be built.

Where is this expansion pad? Can someone provide a map?
Isn't it south, west of the Pirates show building? I believe you would access it via a path between Pirates and Jungle Cruise (at least that's where they had been talking about building Fire Mountain...
Big patch of trees right below POTC.

Screenshot_2018-02-02-15-54-32_kindlephoto-546670095.png

rioriz

I suspect ground work will begin before we get an official announcement...

Now with this and TRON we will officially have the largest expansion I'm MK history (looking at you NFL)

With the Stitch replacement we will have three new attractions for the 50th

mikejs78

Premium Member
Then we both agree, great.

There's also been a ton or rumours recently regarding Coco, Brave and Wreck it Ralph, all of which have similar box office numbers.
So I don't see the issue with Moana
Right. Moana isn't Frozen. However it still did very well at the box office, and it's home Blu Ray/DVD sales did very well.

So nothing but Frozen makes sense?

jaxonp

Right. Moana isn't Frozen. However it still did very well at the box office, and it's home Blu Ray/DVD sales were off the charts.

So nothing but Frozen makes sense?

Look, even the great Frozen has died off a bit. We took 4 girls to WDW during marathon weekend... 4, 6, 9 and 10. Only one of them was into frozen. The rest of them were more interested in Star Wars. What gives? Did Disney put too many eggs in the Let it go basket?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom