Announcement Updated version of WDWMAGIC Forums now live

MySmallWorldof4

Is there a way to navigate to a specific page? Like in Chit Chat there are thousands of pages. If I am 10 pages behind how do I quickly navigate to that page. There used to be numbers of the pages at the top or bottom of the screen. I also agree about the color needing to be a little more tinted if you want to keep the grey tone in the quoted or replied to in posts. Appreciate your hard work. I would love to really be able to choose pages again. Thanks. :)

nickys

Premium Member
Fonts are definitely too small.

The light gray background is too light too. Needs a better contrast between it and the post boxes. Same for the alert list - new alerts aren’t of a high enough contrast.

Minor things maybe but we do live here!

I agree about the alerts. I liked seeing the new alerts highlighted before.

And about the contrast. It all looks too similar for me at the moment.

Also, when I'm typing my reply, I'm always at the bottom of the box with the keyboard right underneath. So if like now, I go onto a new line the text is hidden as I type. And if I try to reference someone I can't see the list of usernames; when I try to scroll to see them the list disappears. I have to scroll first, then do the @ symbol. Does that make sense? I'm on an iPad too btw, like @marni1971 if that makes a difference.

I'm sure the navigation changes will be easier to get used to in a few days.

Edit: one more thing. I liked before when I went to my alerts and read one the back key would take me back to the list of alerts. That doesn't happen anymore.

By the way, I really do appreciate you doing all this and keeping the forums going for us all. It kinda feels wrong to be nit-picking but you did ask for feedback ..... :)

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Using a phone, click on the page counter (eg. 3 of 6), you can then pick a specific page by directly trying int he page number, or using the + and -.

Thanks, that helps. Still not nearly as friendly as the old version, though.
Also, how do I go to someone's profile page now (namely my own, so I can see where I left off)...?

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree about the alerts. I liked seeing the new alerts highlighted before.

And about the contrast. It all looks too similar for me at the moment.

Also, when I'm typing my reply, I'm always at the bottom of the box with the keyboard right underneath. So if like now, I go onto a new line the text is hidden as I type. And if I try to reference someone I can't see the list of usernames; when I try to scroll to see them the list disappears. I have to scroll first, then do the @ symbol. Does that make sense? I'm on an iPad too btw, like @marni1971 if that makes a difference.

I'm sure the navigation changes will be easier to get used to in a few days.
Yes there is an issue with the keyboard on mobile devices obscuring part of the post box. Investigating this one.

You can scroll the page upwards though clear of the keyboard, and you should then be ok.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I’m pretty much used to it already.

The few things that I’m not crazy about will be old hat by next week, and I won’t even remember why I thought the old way was better.

Thank you @wdwmagic for trying to improve the site and keep things fresh. I was beside myself for those few hours of downtime though. :hilarious:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there a way to navigate to a specific page? Like in Chit Chat there are thousands of pages. If I am 10 pages behind how do I quickly navigate to that page. There used to be numbers of the pages at the top or bottom of the screen. I also agree about the color needing to be a little more tinted if you want to keep the grey tone in the quoted or replied to in posts. Appreciate your hard work. I would love to really be able to choose pages again. Thanks. :)
Are you on a phone?

Using a phone, click on the page counter (eg. 3 of 6), you can then pick a specific page by directly trying int he page number, or using the + and -.

Sundown

@wdwmagic , if you are looking on a member's page and click a member's "Postings", they are not in date order (from most recent ) once you click the "See More" on the bottom of the first page. They jump back to January of..2016.

Just wanted to let you know so you can address. Thanks.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes there is an issue with the keyboard on mobile devices obscuring part of the post box. Investigating this one.

You can scroll the page upwards though clear of the keyboard, and you should then be ok.

Thanks!

Oh, and did you just fix the alerts navigation? It now seems to be working! And the latest ones are highlighted. Yay :)

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
@wdwmagic , if you are looking on a member's page and click a member's "Postings", they are not in date order (from most recent ) once you click the "See More" on the bottom of the first page. They jump back to January of..2016.

Just wanted to let you know so you can address. Thanks.
Thanks, yep working on this one now. Should be resolved shortly.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You work very hard on this forum. I appreciate your effort, and I mean that sincerely.

So, it's hard for me to say this, but don't like the new changes. Part of my reaction is that (to the best of my knowledge) none of us were given any sort of heads up that a change was coming. This is probably nothing major to others, but to me, I don't deal well with computers in general. Hence, being surprised with new changes without notice, made it more difficult for me to like it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
You work very hard on this forum. I appreciate your effort, and I mean that sincerely.

So, it's hard for me to say this, but don't like the new changes. Part of my reaction is that (to the best of my knowledge) none of us were given any sort of heads up that a change was coming. This is probably nothing major to others, but to me, I don't deal well with computers in general. Hence, being surprised with new changes without notice, made it more difficult for me to like it.
Advance warning wasn't given because it was unclear when it would actually be completed, and I didn't see what benefit it would offer.

Nemo14

I'll admit I was a bit skeptical when I signed on this morning, but I have to say, this new setup is not hard to handle at all. I have a couple of minor problems which can probably be handled in a PM, but overall I think the new version is fine. Thanks for all the time you put into doing this Steve and all the tweeking today. Much appreciated!

Now.... about those bells....:joyfull:

spacemt354

Chili's
I realized I left my laptop open with the forum last night -- was just able to grab a quick screenshot before refreshing.
1515270154796.png

Rest in Peace, old friend. Here's to the new phase of wdwmagic. :)

SteveBrickNJ

Sorry, right now l hate it.
I don't even know what page I'm on 'til I get to the bottom now, and I can't seem to navigate page by page-ish...?
With the old version I could pick a page or go back or forward 5 pages at a time.
How do I go to a specific page...?
What am I missing...?!
@donaldtoo ...On my phone I scroll to the bottom of the page....after/below the final post on a page is a spot with numbers for the purpose of moving back to prior pages. Hopefully your device has the same thing and this post by me will be helpful.

SirLink

Personally the new design on Firefox on a Macbook is not as elegant as the previous version and is actually giving myself a migraine.

Edit: The font on non-smart devices needs to be smaller.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

I used to be able to scroll over my alerts and they would pop up. Now I have to click on it every time. Also the return to top of page is gone. I would like to see those 2 things back if possible. I use my PC and it is very very white and bright, almost too much so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom