Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

peter11435

From the pics that were posted it looks like it'll be more than 3 months.

Do you know when they are predicting opening?
Large scale construction is basically complete with both attractions in test and adjust mode. The bulk of what remains is painting and landscaping with the installation of additional prefabricated props.

Memorial Day weekend is the likely grand opening but guests being in the land by early April is very possible.

Jones14

I wonder if the size of spring break crowds will have any impact on soft openings. I could see Ops wanting to utilize a heavy crowd day in April to open the doors to get an idea of how things will be going in the summer.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder if the size of spring break crowds will have any impact on soft openings. I could see Ops wanting to utilize a heavy crowd day in April to open the doors to get an idea of how things will be going in the summer.

I don't have any special knowledge, but it would seem more likely that in April, if TSL opens to guests, it will start with previews of select groups before throwing open the gates to large crowds that they may not be able to handle or become exposed to 'issues'. So, we'll see previews for CMs, DVCers, APers first, as they did with Pandora. Then if that goes well, general public soft opening.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hardly a kiddie coaster in my opinion and I think that phrase is used a bit liberally here on the boards. Barnstormer, sure I'll give you that, but the scale of Slinky and design is far more impressive than any kiddie coaster. If support beams were really an issue for you then I guess Epcot isn't your jam either considering the monorail beams are not "themed" throughout the park. I think you are really looking to hate this thing before it even opens which seems to be a trend here.

This is very true. It's used way too liberally.

Does "pre teen coaster" sound better?

AEfx

Hardly a kiddie coaster in my opinion and I think that phrase is used a bit liberally here on the boards. Barnstormer, sure I'll give you that, but the scale of Slinky and design is far more impressive than any kiddie coaster. If support beams were really an issue for you then I guess Epcot isn't your jam either considering the monorail beams are not "themed" throughout the park. I think you are really looking to hate this thing before it even opens which seems to be a trend here.

That's such a false equivalence. Compounded with ad hominem. You know your argument is bad when you have to say "so then you must think..." and create something wildly different to compare it to that in no way has anything to do with what I said.

If you really need it explained, the monorail beams are "themed" in terms of being part of a "futuristic" monorail system.

It just looks cheesy for an outdoor coaster in a park that doesn't have exposed rides like that IMO.

I also think you don't know what a "kiddie" coaster is. It has nothing to do with theming. And yes, it is a kiddie coaster, in a kiddie land.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

That's such a false equivalence. Compounded with ad hominem. You know your argument is bad when you have to say "so then you must think..." and create something wildly different to compare it to that in no way has anything to do with what I said.

If you really need it explained, the monorail beams are "themed" in terms of being part of a "futuristic" monorail system.

It just looks cheesy for an outdoor coaster in a park that doesn't have exposed rides like that IMO.

I also think you don't know what a "kiddie" coaster is. It has nothing to do with theming. And yes, it is a kiddie coaster, in a kiddie land.
Not when you consider that it is supposedly a toy coaster in the backyard of a kid. Then it is as real as real can get, stop thinking like a grownup and let your inner child free. It's ok if it's not your cup of tea, just stop trying to convince everyone else that it should be some super spectacular thing. In this case less is more if your mind is set properly.

Kman101

Not when you consider that it is supposedly a toy coaster in the backyard of a kid. Then it is as real as real can get, stop thinking like a grownup and let your inner child free. It's ok if it's not your cup of tea, just stop trying to convince everyone else that it should be some super spectacular thing. In this case less is more if your mind is set properly.

The angst over this land .... lol

It's not everyone's cup of tea, and that's OK. Like you said, just say that, don't try to convince everyone else to have the same mindset (I'm referring to the poster you quoted, not you lol).

AEfx

The angst over this land .... lol

It's not everyone's cup of tea, and that's OK. Like you said, just say that, don't try to convince everyone else to have the same mindset (I'm referring to the poster you quoted, not you lol).

What part of saying "in my opinion" is trying to "convince everyone else"?

I guess you guys are just hard up for conversation if you think I am having "angst" over just stating my thoughts on the project.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Family coaster

Yep, that's what Slinky and Toy Story Land are. People act like it's a land and ride designed for 2 year olds, as a way to dismiss it. A coaster and whip ride don't scream "kids only" to me. Bugs Land is a kiddie land, even though I found the area cute and fun.
I’m afraid BTM was given that title. And this is no BTM.

Kman101

BTM is considered a family coaster? I guess I can see that and obviously this is no BTM lol so .... I guess I get it being called "kiddie coaster" but I don't feel like this is. I guess depending on the speed my tune could change.

They need new definitions for their coasters. Is Everest a "family coaster" too? lol

Barnstormer to me is the epitome of "kiddie coaster". To me, Slinky Dog seems more on par with Mine Train (minus the show scenes), a family coaster. Again, they need to make some new definitions for their coasters.

EricsBiscuit

The phrase family coaster is extremely subjective and arbitrary. It doesn't mean anything because everyone sees something different when they hear that term.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom