Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Club34

Seeing that picture, I just...still can't get behind this. It looks like it belongs in an Asian bootleg Legoland park.

At first, that was my opinion as well. But as the build nears completion and some of the renderings of the ride and similar coasters on youtube, I am actually quite excited for the coaster. Now overall, I am toy storied out. They're good movies but for crying out loud, its in every park. I would have liked to see a pixar land where other movies were represented. But I think the slinky coaster will be a nice addition.

becca_

Overview of TSL:
DSJyjSfV4AAEzUU.jpg
DSJyknzVAAAJuMN.jpg

Scaffolding at Slinky
DSJzsigUEAEVexS.jpg

All images via @bioreconstruct on twitter.

AEfx

There is a TON left to do astectics wise. I'd give it a few more weeks before passing judgment. I am guessing there is a bunch of landscaping that needs to go in as well as theming the TSMM building.

Oh, I get that. It's just the overall look itself. Nothing is going to be covering those support pillars. It's still just a standard kiddie roller coaster. The studios thus far has stayed away from that type of obvious "these are theme park rides" look. I just feel like it is so out of place there. I know the studios are already considered a thematic mess, but this is a different place it is going with the exposed ride systems and such. I mean, at least Dinorama is made to look like it is just thrown up as part of its design (misguided as many may feel that it is).

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Oh, I get that. It's just the overall look itself. Nothing is going to be covering those support pillars. It's still just a standard kiddie roller coaster. The studios thus far has stayed away from that type of obvious "these are theme park rides" look. I just feel like it is so out of place there. I know the studios are already considered a thematic mess, but this is a different place it is going with the exposed ride systems and such. I mean, at least Dinorama is made to look like it is just thrown up as part of its design (misguided as many may feel that it is).
Hardly a kiddie coaster in my opinion and I think that phrase is used a bit liberally here on the boards. Barnstormer, sure I'll give you that, but the scale of Slinky and design is far more impressive than any kiddie coaster. If support beams were really an issue for you then I guess Epcot isn't your jam either considering the monorail beams are not "themed" throughout the park. I think you are really looking to hate this thing before it even opens which seems to be a trend here.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

I hate to be that person that comes in at page 454 but......

Can anyone tell me what time frame they are looking to open? The "100 days" that someone mentioned here seems impossible to me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not what I meant. Duh it's TS themed but what kind of merchandise?

I would presume everything that's currently being sold in the Pixar store across from TSMM. Maybe they'll have a few T-shirts with Slinky Dog and Aliens. Hopefully, they know to stay away from emphasizing the initial letters of Alien Swirling Saucers.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

EricsBiscuit

I would presume everything that's currently being sold in the Pixar store across from TSMM. Maybe they'll have a few T-shirts with Slinky Dog and Aliens. Hopefully, they know to stay away from emphasizing the initial letters of Alien Swirling Saucers.
I still can't get over that. Who in their right mind would name an attraction that. Anyway I'm hopin more along the lines of actual toys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom