Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kman101

I expect Slinky will be as tame as they can possibly make it.

A shame, but at least it isn't going around in a big circle like the other Slinky's do ...

Even tame I still wouldn't necessarily equate this with a "kiddie coaster", but I guess that's what it will be.

Just when looking at the two rides we're getting they just don't scream "kiddie" to me. A-S-S whips you around and a coaster is still a coaster.

cjack300zx

All roller-coasters at Disney World are tame except Rocking Rollercoaster, even Expedition Everest can be argued to be tame but this is just my opinion.

Goofyernmost

All roller-coasters at Disney World are tame except Rocking Rollercoaster, even Expedition Everest can be argued to be tame but this is just my opinion.
And that is what makes it Disney. Fun, but, not extreme. Anyone that has to have heart stopping thrills there are many other places available for that. I don't go to them, I do go to Disney because I don't have to re-swallow my stomach every few minutes to have a good time.

sunsetblvd26

A shame, but at least it isn't going around in a big circle like the other Slinky's do ...

Even tame I still wouldn't necessarily equate this with a "kiddie coaster", but I guess that's what it will be.

Just when looking at the two rides we're getting they just don't scream "kiddie" to me. A-S-S whips you around and a coaster is still a coaster.
I agree. I think the best way to describe it is as kid friendly. "Kiddie" makes it sound like they're only rides for kids which clearly isn't true.

RSoxNo1

I suspect anyone going into Slinky Dog Dash expecting it to be an E-ticket will be disappointed. It looks like a solid to good C-ticket to below average D-ticket to me.

As a point of reference I'd put Mine Train as a solid D-ticket.

Disneyfan_76

We are going the first week in may. My daughter is a HUGE Toy Story fan. I am really hoping that they do some soft openings when we are there. Judging on past rides/lands, how many weeks before the 'actual' opening do they do the soft openings? Is it only on weekends, or during the weekdays too?

sunsetblvd26

The site that isn’t mentioned is reporting that the third track of TSMM is closed for inside accommodate construction for the new line from the TSL side
I was in DHS a little earlier on. I had no idea what was going on, the line was a mess with it looping around outside on both sides of Pixar Place, before entering a different entrance over in soundstage one.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I was in DHS a little earlier on. I had no idea what was going on, the line was a mess with it looping around outside on both sides of Pixar Place, before entering a different entrance over in soundstage one.
The site is also reporting that the whole attraction will close in a few weeks... Hope it's open again for my trip in April, otherwise there will be very little to do at the Studios....

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The site is also reporting that the whole attraction will close in a few weeks... Hope it's open again for my trip in April, otherwise there will be very little to do at the Studios....
Odd that they would need to close the whole attraction. I could understand walling off some of the queue but why would they need to close the whole thing?

Chicagoshannon2

I have a FP for Toy Story Feb. 10. Other's have FP through beginning of March. I don't know that it will close entirely before then. Maybe they'll reopen 3 before closing tracks 1 and 2. I realize they could still close it even with FP scheduled but if they already know it's closing with in the next couple of weeks you'd think they would not allow FP at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom