Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm starting to realize that total immersion is impossible without one of two things: incredible imagination by the person visiting the park, or total control of the situation by the theme park operator (I.e. Currency, food, phone usage etc.).
It’s also hard with thousands of tourists in shorts and t-shirts wearing mouse ears and pushing double wide strollers;).

I think the SW hotel sounds like it may be a true immersive experience since it’s a more controlled environment with less of a tourist in s theme park vibe.

bclane

I'm starting to realize that total immersion is impossible without one of two things: incredible imagination by the person visiting the park, or total control of the situation by the theme park operator (I.e. Currency, food, phone usage etc.).
True. You definitely will need a willing person with an imagination. When I was a kid, all we needed was a cardboard box and a hat and suddenly we were transported into an actual X-wing starfighter and doing battle with Darth Vader. This should provide more than enough immersion to get most people willing to suspend disbelief to live their Star Wars dreams. It will definitely be enough for me!

RSoxNo1

With the wait times Pandora is pulling in, I just don’t see how twdc can’t see that 2 rides is not gonna be enough to offset the demand that will come with this. It just seems they are cutting themselves short on a franchise that has a huge following\potential if they went above and beyond.
Reportedly these rides while be marginally higher from an hourly capacity standpoint (rumblings were 1500 per hour compared to the 1000-1200 an hour that NRJ and FoP get).

RSoxNo1

I don't see how Alcatraz will only hit 1,500 THRC. Even the trackless rides with fewer people per vehicle have a higher capacity than that. I really hope those reports are incorrect. Do our insiders any further information on this?
The version that Mice Chat talks about also has you getting on and off the vehicle during the experience.

jbolen2

Reportedly these rides while be marginally higher from an hourly capacity standpoint (rumblings were 1500 per hour compared to the 1000-1200 an hour that NRJ and FoP get).

Even that is a drop in the bucket compared to adding another ride or two that could eat 1200-1500. It would also be a good point for them to say hey we realize the demand that will come with his and are adding to it before it ever opens.

AEfx

I'd argue the opposite - it takes someone with an utter lack of imagination or creativity to need things down to that level to totally immerse themselves.

Next Big Thing

I don't know about at the moment, but they definitely did for Star Wars Weekends in the past. I just can't imagine them not continuing them as they will be such people-eaters.

CH0611-20Large.jpg

aGLFkuZ.jpg
It's probably just mostly the costume and wig, but for my money you'd be hard pressed to find a better Luke look-a-like from the OT era. (Could also stand in for Zac Efron :p)

cjkeating

Have you got any stats regarding NRJ throughput?

On my recent trip I was surprised by a) how consistently they were loading 8 into a boat b) how quickly they were dispatched and c) how little stacking their was at the end. I've scanned a few YouTube videos that show the loading and the dispatch times seem to be 30 seconds or a little below that.

Dispatching 2 sets of 2 boats per minute with an average loading of 6 is 1,440 per hour, 6.5 guests bumps that up to 1,560.

sedati

An interesting new shot from Bioreconstruct showing some background spires going up at the rear of the falcon building:
DSJsy3VUIAAJGHU

This is yet another example of how the two lands are going up differently as this has yet to appear in California from what I can see.

Much like the floating mountains atop the Flight of Passage show building, I believe these will be rendered in a way to look more distant than the spires in the foreground. By actually carving out less detail and painting with a more bluish hue as was done to great effect in Pandora, these elements will make the land seem far more vast in scope.

Last edited:

AEfx

Is it just me, or is no one talking about this? There were definitely some new reveals and concept art, etc. Including about merchandise, food, etc.

It also confirms that that Disney Parks Blog pic of the interior Falcon corridor WAS real and not concept/CGI, and they show an actual picture of the cockpit ride vehicle, as well.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is it just me, or is no one talking about this? There were definitely some new reveals and concept art, etc. Including about merchandise, food, etc.

It also confirms that that Disney Parks Blog pic of the interior Falcon corridor WAS real and not concept/CGI, and they show an actual picture of the cockpit ride vehicle, as well.

There wasn't too much new that we didn't already know from previous releases and our insiders. The corridor picture had been circulating recently. The panel showed an actual Falcon simulator pod and an artist's concept of a virtual location.

upload_2017-12-29_2-23-1.png

upload_2017-12-29_2-24-21.png

You can buy SW toys because there is a Batuu Toys R Us...

upload_2017-12-29_2-32-4.png

@marni1971 referenced a make-your-own-droid shop (at $100 a pop... take that, shoulder banshees!).

Wonder how much this will cost...

upload_2017-12-29_2-33-58.png

Speaking of the Na'vi... wonder if they got Pandoran natives to craft these...
upload_2017-12-29_2-34-42.png

Taste the (milk) rainbow...

upload_2017-12-29_2-36-9.png

Wonder if you get to milk the animals yourself.

And the trading cards... if they do trading cards as normally done by forcing people to buy a huge amount of copies of common cards just to find the rare ones, is a blight upon humanity. I don't say 'cash grab' as much as some others on the forums, but, for this, I will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom