Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They already seem to be a few pages back.

Maybe SWL phase two will balance things out.

upload_2017-12-26_17-24-42.png

TP2000

@TP2000 says it won't happen :p

Not quite. I said it won’t happen in the berm between Star Wars Land and Midway Mania. If that small area of berm is for Phase Two, then Phase Two will be a tiny spinner and a churro cart,

Where a real Phase Two would be much more likely to happen is the much larger space beyond the Falcon ride, where there are cheap back of house support buildings on both coasts. That’s also where Miceage said the expansion pad is back in 2015.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not quite. I said it won’t happen in the berm between Star Wars Land and Midway Mania. If that small area of berm is for Phase Two, then Phase Two will be a tiny spinner and a churro cart,

Where a real Phase Two would be much more likely to happen is the much larger space beyond the Falcon ride, where there are cheap back of house support buildings on both coasts. That’s also where Miceage said the expansion pad is back in 2015.
That berm is a lot bigger than it seems. When phase one is complete the berm area will still be greater than the space Alcatraz uses. For example.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

That berm is a lot bigger than it seems. When phase one is complete the berm area will still be greater than the space Alcatraz uses. For example.
So what I’m hearing is enough room for phase 2 and phase 3:) I just have to hope to live that long;)

EricsBiscuit

Actually I think BB is fine as it is. But I still think the possibility of an entire park based off of SW is possible. They could just be using SWGE to test the waters.

Mike S

WDI’s goal here seems to be going far above and beyond what they’ve done before in terms of immersion. I’d like to see how far they take it. There’s nothing stating classic Star Wars characters that wouldn’t fit in the land’s canon of taking place in the new trilogy absolutely won’t appear anywhere else. I bet they’ll appear somewhere in the park. No way Disney stops using Darth Vader completely.

After being disappointed by TLJ though I do wish this was based on the original trilogy instead. It’s not like the rides currently being built would’ve needed drastic changes anyway. Swap the First Order and Resistance for the Rebels and Empire in Alcatraz and include Han Solo somehow in the Falcon maybe yelling at you for taking the ship or something. There, done. Also, how cool would have been to have a Darth Vader AA in Alcatraz pulling you towards him with the force and igniting his lightsaber? Ooooooooooooh man... :inlove:

Last edited:

jbolen2

With the wait times Pandora is pulling in, I just don’t see how twdc can’t see that 2 rides is not gonna be enough to offset the demand that will come with this. It just seems they are cutting themselves short on a franchise that has a huge following\potential if they went above and beyond.

GladToBeHear

With the wait times Pandora is pulling in, I just don’t see how twdc can’t see that 2 rides is not gonna be enough to offset the demand that will come with this. It just seems they are cutting themselves short on a franchise that has a huge following\potential if they went above and beyond.
I've thought about this a good bit as well. It's simply not going to be enough. This place is going to be CRAZY popular. And it's going to be miserable to get into -- let alone move around and see things, ride rides, eat, shop, etc. Are there plans to hold guests at the two entrances in a long queue? Surely, TWDC understands how popular this is going to be. And I keep thinking about how many years I'm going to need to wait to actually make a trip down there so I can enjoy it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
WDI’s goal here seems to be going far above and beyond what they’ve done before in terms of immersion. I’d like to see how far they take it. There’s nothing stating classic Star Wars characters that wouldn’t fit in the land’s canon of taking place in the new trilogy absolutely won’t appear anywhere else. I bet they’ll appear somewhere in the park. No way Disney stops using Darth Vader completely.

After being disappointed by TLJ though I do wish this was based on the original trilogy instead. It’s not like the rides currently being built would’ve needed drastic changes anyway. Swap the First Order and Resistance for the Rebels and Empire in Alcatraz and include Han Solo somehow in the Falcon maybe yelling at you for taking the ship or something. There, done. Also, how cool would have been to have a Darth Vader AA in Alcatraz pulling you towards him with the force and igniting his lightsaber? Ooooooooooooh man... :inlove:

I think the immersion will end up being much less then it starts out as.

twebber55

I've thought about this a good bit as well. It's simply not going to be enough. This place is going to be CRAZY popular. And it's going to be miserable to get into -- let alone move around and see things, ride rides, eat, shop, etc. Are there plans to hold guests at the two entrances in a long queue? Surely, TWDC understands how popular this is going to be. And I keep thinking about how many years I'm going to need to wait to actually make a trip down there so I can enjoy it.
not that this solves the problem but im sure you ll have to choose 1 FP of the Star wars rides and then two for the rest of the park just like at DAK with Pandora

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom