The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks, I had a good night's sleep until 3A.M. Then it's time to take out the doggies. Maybe I need to get another doggy. I saw a really cute little guy on the weather channel. Or girl...It looked like a combo of wiggles and freddy.

Bets, there are so many beautiful dogs in shelters, and they're all just waiting for you to come and rescue one of them. You're at the top of their "wish list" for a loving home. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Out for me, maybe for a day or two. Hubby needs to see the Doctor again...he is waiting until tomorrow. I went and got my flu shot. At the grocery store...I picked up a few groceries too. :happy::happy::happy: I'm making head way to the cruise. :)

Just curious--are they pushing the 65 and over (enhanced) flu shot out in your area? Our hospital is, and it's due to updated guidelines for the flu vaccine from the CDC. Just wondering if it's common out in your area as well.

donaldtoo

Here is one we submitted to The Laugh Floor and it got used.

Why are there fences around cemetaries?

Because people are dying to get in.

:joyfull: :hilarious:

I was skimming a little last night and saw your post, but, couldn't remember the joke oldest DD submitted in the Laugh Floor queue back in the summer of '12 that got used, so I texted her today...

Why was the tomato blushing?

Because he saw the salad dressing.

:joyfull: :eek: :hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

:joyfull: :hilarious:

I was skimming a little last night and saw your post, but, couldn't remember the joke oldest DD submitted in the Laugh Floor queue back in the summer of '12 that got used, so I texted her today...

Why was the tomato blushing?

Because he saw the salad dressing.

:joyfull: :eek: :hilarious:
Just told that to DH. He said "Stupid, but funny." I love these jokes. Let's see how long it takes for @Cesar R M to throw a fit.;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My trip to the Apple Store went like this today. The technician did a diagnostic test on my phone and found nothing wrong. He then wiped my phone clean, and reinstalled the latest software. So far, so good. Hopefully it won't freeze again. It was nice to get out of the house. I was also able to pick up a new external CD drive for my iMac. My grandson borrowed mine, and he has had it so long, I told him to just keep it. His laptop does not have a CD dri So I killed two birds with one stone. My trip to the Apple Store took only 45 minutes going, but twice as long coming back.

Both my DD and I at separate times had this with the Apple Store. One time when they try to update and fix it...when issues returned they replaced the phone. But maybe with it being a new to them phone the software update patched the current issues. Here is hoping.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Here's how to solve your problem for once and for all. There used to be a grass yard behind the house, but the landlord here hated yard work, so he hired a company to pour cement over it. Now it's a cement back yard and he threw out his lawnmower! :hilarious: :hilarious:

Ha! Ha! We are not ALLOWED to do that here. We have to have so much grass/landscaping to house/concrete percentage. And Oy if you ever have to attempt to get a variance...so not fun.

donaldtoo

That's exactly it...I think the reason it has taken so long to get what he needs and to get a diagnosis is because he doesn't have it as bad as some. It's not OBVIOUS unless you know him. You can look at him and think he's just like every other kid. Once you get to know him, you notice those little things that hint at some issues. But it takes time to see it. Even DH denied it for a long time and I had to keep telling him, look, you are at work all day and I'M the one handling 15 meltdowns a day...you get home and write off the other meltdowns as him being tired from playing all day, but I'm telling you, this is HIM....ALL. DAY. It wasn't until he was into school and the teachers were concerned that he even really noticed that it wasn't just "when he was tired". So I'm sure that played into it...and even the teachers, without a diagnosis, they don't really make adaptations. So while the kid with a diagnosis got to stay inside at recess because outside it was too chaotic and busy, DS was not allowed to stay in, because HE didn't have that diagnosis and he "needed to be outside, making connections with other kids". Normally, I am not one for labels....he is my son, and it doesn't matter what diagnosis he has. But unfortunately, some people need that label to be compassionate and flexible. So I'm glad we finally have the magic label, as much as I think it's a shame we need it.

Yep, I can relate to most all of what you posted.
The main difference being our DSs situations being different because of the fact that your son was born at a normal weight/term, yet, we were well aware in advance of what we faced with DS being born at 650 grams. We didn't expect (25 years ago) DS would end up having as few issues as he actually does (and it was suggested to us more times than I can count during DWifeys pregnancy that we should just let him go because he won't make it...he will die in utero - stick it, know-it-all docs :p) because of his dire situation when he first came into the world, and y'all had no clue (as, ultimately, none of us really do) for what y'all were in for. But, it just shows, it doesn't matter how/what situation a person comes into the world, they deserve simple human respect and compassion from other human beings.
We have been very fortunate in that respect in our area, and he has been very focused on the fact that no matter how bad you think you
have it, almost infinite amounts of others have it worse.
Pity party at our house...? o_O
Don't EVEN THINK about it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom