The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Remind me, to never shop on the week-ends. With no parking places, long lines, and people coming at you from all angles....it took me, three days and half the time to get what I needed.....only week-days from now on. Christmas shopping from the computer this year!! Okay, my computer is soooo slow, I'm getting off, until tomorrow....great day to all....xoxo

Cesar R M

Remind me, to never shop on the week-ends. With no parking places, long lines, and people coming at you from all angles....it took me, three days and half the time to get what I needed.....only week-days from now on. Christmas shopping from the computer this year!! Okay, my computer is soooo slow, I'm getting off, until tomorrow....great day to all....xoxo
take it easy!

donaldtoo

204e85f62683f7fba861192d6a7e0241.jpg

:joyfull:

:hilarious: :joyfull:

donaldtoo

ROFLOL or I'd be crying. I started off not much better than that:banghead: at least it hasn't gotten any worse yet.:joyfull: Funny thing my distance vision is better than perfect:confused:

Not quite sure what your first sentence is referring to :cyclops:, but, yes, as I posted earlier, my medium and far vision is VERY good. I'm constantly pointing things out to others and the response is usually something like "What? Where are you seeing that...?!", etc. :)

MySmallWorldof4

So we had an interesting dinner tonight. DS is having a rough time at school so we tried to make this weekend really fun. So we went out for dinner tonight and they have this new server who is so not on the ball, it was cracking us up. We're pretty low maintenance. We figure if it all gets worked out and we're not in a huge hurry or anything, we can just laugh about things. (Like the hibachi grill back home after dad's funeral when the guy knocked hot soup in my lap with a skidding onion, splattered egg all over me and got one broken egg in my rootbeer and then beaned me with a chunk of zucchini right between the eyes...the soup was cooled off enough that it didn't burn me, the waitress was cleaning up the soup when the eggs ran amuck so she cleaned up the mess and got me another rootbeer in less than a minute, and the zucchini...no harm done)
So first off...ordering. DS ordered chicken nuggets and fries with mayo and a fanta to drink. He had to repeat it twice for her and she was still confused and for some reason understood "fork" instead of fanta, so she brought him an extra fork...and dh had to tell her he wanted a fanta. DD ordered the chicken skillet with fries, no mayo, but peanut sauce on the side, and a sprite to drink. She was VERY confused about the peanut sauce on the side, and of course, DD had to repeat everything 3 times. I ordered the schnitzel with mushroom sauce and also no mayo on the fries, but peanut sauce on the side. She looked at me like I had 3 heads. She repeats the schnitzel with mushroom sauce....and did you want mayo on the fries? No...no mayo, I'd like peanut sauce on the side instead of mayo. So....you want the schnitzel with mushroom sauce and you want fries with peanut sauce separate? Yes. And DH says "Just the peanut sauce on the side, or the mushroom sauce on the side, too?" and I said "That's a good idea. Otherwise the mushroom sauce is all over the fries." Then DH orders the mixed grill, yes please to mayo on the fries. So at this point the regular waitress/owner comes up and is standing beside the waitress...and I assumed she was looking to see if we stuck with our regular orders or mixed it up as we sometimes do, which we had. So she's looking at the order and I said "We mixed it up again." And she says...so...you want chicken nuggets and fries with mayo, a chicken skillet with fries and peanut sauce and some mushroom sauce? No....the mushroom sauce is for the schnitzel, but then peanut sauce with the fries. Oh, you wanted a schnitzel with the mushroom sauce? Yes....and fries, but peanut sauce on the side. So she has to write down the schnitzel....apparently she was just going to bring me a bowl of the mushroom sauce because she didn't realize I actually wanted the Schnitzel part once I said I wanted the sauce on the side. DH and I are just looking at each other and trying not to laugh and the regular waitress/owner is giving me the "I'm so sorry, we're having problems with this new waitress" look and I'm just smiling at her, giving her the "No problem" look...all communication is non-verbal as the new girl is trying desperately to get it all written down correctly. She walks away and we're just giggling and I said "Well, obviously this isn't the first issue they've had with her, since the owner made a point to come look and ask if it was correct." And I said "I guess we'll see what we get!" So then the orders came...now, I have to give her credit...mine was the ONLY one she got wrong, and she was probably so confused still about the order of the peanut sauce on the side of a dish that already had mushroom sauce (even though that sauce was for the schnitzel she had been confused about) and she brought me the schnitzel, with mushroom sauce on it, and fries with mayo. So I repeat again, that no, there wasn't supposed to be mayo on it, it's supposed to be peanut sauce on the side. So you didn't want mayo? No....peanut sauce on the side, just like hers. (pointing to DD's, which she had forgotten the first time, went all the way back, and brought ONLY that to the table, and THEN had to go back to get my food, and then again to get DH's.) So the regular waitress comes to the table with a small plate of fries and no sauce at all and says "I'm so sorry..I don't know if this is a solution, but will this work?". I said sure, I shared DD's peanut sauce with her, we scraped off the fries with mayo onto DH's plate and called it good. We also ordered a new round of drinks and 2 chocolate milkshakes and one strawberry milkshake and when she came back with everything, she was giving them to the wrong people and couldn't remember which one was the strawberry milkshake. And she said "I know THIS one is chocolate...so who had the chocolate?" and DH says "The ladies have the chocolate, I have the strawberry." so she gives the one chocolate to DD and is peering into the cups of the other two, trying to divine which one is which...says "I think this is the strawberry" and sets it in front of me. So DH switches them and she's like..."oh...right." Kind of too bad it was the new girl who rang us up at the end because I'm betting that if it had been the owner, we would have gotten a discount. She gives the amount, and DH, being really kind, decides to give a bit of a tip (most people don't here) and says "Why don't you make it ----? " and she goes "Oh...how do I do that?" He's like...I have no idea. It was quite good entertainment all the way around, and also good modeling for DS, because he gets so upset at things that go wrong, so it's nice to have the opportunity to show him it's not the end of the world, things go wrong, you fix them, and it's ok...and it's a fun thing to laugh about! All in all, a lovely relaxed and comical evening. I think the couple sitting behind us was amused, too. Win win!
Wow. What an interesting meal. We have had servers that just astounded us with their ineptitude. The only thing though that kept entering my mind was ,”peanut sauce with fries?”

donaldtoo

So, yesterday was a LONG day. I had to work, so I got up at 6, got the laundry going, showered, got the kids' lunches made, got them to school, worked, then picked up DD and took her to musical theater class, went home because DS can't be home alone that long, did the grocery shopping, went and picked up DD, came home and cooked dinner, and then we had a phone meeting with DS's psychologist's supervisor about the possibility of Autism. So I didn't have any down time yesterday at all...it was straight through 6 to 9 and then I CRASHED. But, the supervisor agrees that it's necessary to look deeper at Autism...DS exhibits enough traits to be a highly likely possibility. So...now we wait for the next step I guess. We met with the Psychologist today for DS's regular session and she said she had gotten the report, and asked what now, but hasn't gotten a reply yet. So I guess we wait.

Sympathy like.
This is the frustrating thing about these kiddos situations...they're all so different, and there are never any pat answers like... "Yes, they have diabetes, they have a heart condition, they have MD", etc.
They're all wired so differently and on sooo many different levels, it can all be sooo beyond mindboggling at times.
To put it mildly, It's a very long and winding road to navigate much of the time.
Our DS will be 25 on Oct. 7th.
We continue to navigate with him and he has made great strides, but, as we expected, accepted, and were prepared for, we knew it wouldn't be any cake walk.
I already have absolutely no doubt y'all will, but, keep fighting the good fight...!!!!! :happy:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yes, we got a notice on Friday. A couple ports are changing, so we have been to them all. I do want to return to Jamica. Nausau, not so much.....And Haiti, again...not so much. I will be spending more time on the boat. Plenty to see and do, so I'm okay with the changes. I really wanted to go to Puerto Rico, my niece, went there and she said it was really nice, and lots to do. There was a museum I wanted to visit. Maybe next time.....

How many days until your cruise? Jamaica is an island we have enjoyed a lot. I'm sure you'll find plenty to do on the ship and take some time to relax too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom