[RUMOR] Epcot Character Additions and Changes coming this November

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
is the 3rd character Flash maybe? he seems pretty popular just from the amount of merch he's on
I am not expecting a third character to join Nick & Judy at this point. The pieces of the puzzle have been put together, which would be...
Nick & Judy replace Pluto at Showcase Plaza, in turn Pluto moves elsewhere in Epcot (but where?).

Cmdr_Crimson

I think the same is true of Nick & Judy... and is the 3rd character Flash maybe? he seems pretty popular just from the amount of merch he's on"
They make more sense at Character Spotlight at DHS or Within the Confines of Animal Kingdom around Discovery Island....

Though I wouldn't be surprised to see Miguel and Dante at Hollywood Studios replacing Star Lord & Groot. Miguel would most likely be a face character and Dante a fur character.

I doubt they would go with Dante....I feel that it would be Hector as it appears that he's more of the Pixar Film Sidekick character...
coco.jpg

And they could make the character in the same way simliar to how they do Jack Skellington...
hqdefault.jpg

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Though I wouldn't be surprised to see Miguel and Dante at Hollywood Studios replacing Star Lord & Groot. Miguel would most likely be a face character and Dante a fur character.
As of now, there are not any plans to replace Star-Lord and Groot at Studios. Star-Lord and Groot received over 90% rating in guest satisfaction and have been extended a while longer.

tl77

I think the Coco characters would probably get a short term run at the Mexico pavilion where Donald meets to promote the film, because it requires zero commitment to have them there for a few months. That is the case with all new movies though, an usually it's paid for by the Walt Disney Films Division since it's advertising for a film... at least that was the case with Anna & Elsa's initial, short term Norway Meet and Greet in 2013, but if they turn out to be hugely popular characters, then maybe they get a more permanent home somewhere at WDW and then it's financed by the Disney Parks division of the company, because those characters are now drawing people to the park

I am not expecting a third character to join Nick & Judy at this point. The pieces of the puzzle have been put together, which would be... Nick & Judy replace Pluto at Showcase Plaza, in turn Pluto moves elsewhere in Epcot (but where?).

ahhh, gotcha! Chip and Dale and Daisy Duck meet in the front of the park and outside Innoventions, Pluto will probably end up with them I imagine

tl77

They make more sense at Character Spotlight at DHS or Within the Confines of Animal Kingdom around Discovery Island....

Yeah "Thematically" Baymax, Joy & Sadness, Nick & Judy, all make more sense at the "movie" park, so do Ratatouille and Guardians of the Galaxy... but at the moment Meet and Greets are biggest attraction for families with little kids at Epcot that's why they have so many there, and all the Princesses around World Showcase. Adding more characters you can only see at Epcot fits that logic, I wouldn't be surprised if Nick & Judy turn up at Epcot for a "short term" Meet and Greet and then get a permanent home Animal Kingdom sometime in the future

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Adding more characters you can only see at Epcot fits that logic, I wouldn't be surprised if Nick & Judy turn up at Epcot for a "short term" Meet and Greet and then get a permanent home Animal Kingdom sometime in the future
Initially, back in November @Sped2424 had said they would meet at MVMCP, and sometime this year would start full time meet and greets at Epcot (which would be more of a permanent home for these two). Initially my thinking was that they would be in Character Spot joining Baymax, Joy & Sadness, but by the looks of it, they're replacing Pluto, who will be moving elsewhere within Epcot.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
ahhh, gotcha! Chip and Dale and Daisy Duck meet in the front of the park and outside Innoventions, Pluto will probably end up with them I imagine
Chip and Dale used to meet outside of Innoventions, however they stopped in February 2016. Daisy current meets in front of the park. Heck I would not be surprised if this is a two for one for one switcharoo, with Nick & Judy taking over Pluto's current location. That would in turn have Pluto moving to Daisy's current location, and in turn have Daisy moving to outside Innoventions.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

If their having a problem getting characters they should just throw Duffy out there for a limited run during the holidays...They made that Gazebo just for that reason it was built..

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Just my thoughts, with Coco coming out in November I'd expect that auditions for the characters from the film to begin in the next few weeks or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom