News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Kman101

What I don't understand is why does everyone think Tangled is more deserving of a ride than something like Pinocchio. If you move Small world, it'd be more fitting to put Pinocchio in its vacant space. With Rapunzel's German heritage, put Tangled in Germany. But with that mentality, you could put Pinocchio in Italy. Actually that's perfect! Do those two attractions, keep the Small World ride below MK surface, build the proper facade and push it back. You would go up a level to reach the facade, going inside it would loop back around and descend into the small world loading zone. There, everyone wins! :)

I once hoped they'd have put Pinocchio to replace Snow White, being as it's close to Village Haus (heck I've even armchaired them gutting Village Haus and putting Pinocchio in there) ... but Pinocchio has a ride in Disneyland and Tokyo. I think most would rather something different like Tangled, which is represented by (greatly themed) toilets.

Kman101

PhilharMagic is a odd one for sure. A new 4K projection and updated show scenes would probably help in the short term but wait times would likely revert back to 15min walk on status once the novelty of "new" wore off. I think what needs to happen for long term, beyond the obvious tech upgrade would be to include a holding room or play area similar to what they did with Dumbo. Only in this instance the goal wouldn't be queuing quicker, but waiting longer. Theater filled to a minimum 3/4ths capacity or better. To do that, Disney could pad out the experience, giving guests something to do while they wait to enter. Once it reaches capacity the theater doors open. For PhilharMagic maybe a museum/prop house or area to play music? I also think interchangeable and updated random scenes would be a nice way to keep it fresh. Not at all related to UK pavilion discussion. Sorry Mom.

On a related topic. I don't think UK is getting a darkride. Can anyone confirm this to be a possibility? er. Probable or just wishful thinking.

It's supposedly a ride coming to the UK pavilion. It's not a maze, carrousel or spinner and MansionButler84 has more or less implied it's a ride. But not an e-ticket level one. Can plans change? Sure, they could decide on something else like a walk-through but it sounds like we'll be getting a ride.

I'd hope for Poppins. Alice or Toad (longshot imo on both) would be great. I still fear it's Brave.

Kman101

Interesting Jim hill says it's a carousel. I thought it was noted by our insiders that a carousel wasn't the first option. I still think c ticket dark ride.

I'm sure there was probably a proposal for a carousel and Jim ran with that. I think he hears a lot of very blue sky ideas. He gets some things right but more times than not ... but couldn't they do both? If they decide on something not Poppins for the ride, couldn't there be room for a beautiful Poppins carrousel and a nice D-ticket dark ride? I doubt we get two attractions though ... I'd be very disappointed if it was just a carousel or some flat ride or maze/walk-through but I believe all of those have been shot down, but again, I guess plans could change.

Princess Leia

Are we gonna have to keep guessing on things for another two years before anything's announced? LOL
No kidding. :banghead: I so wish we could get a definitive list of what it isn't going to be themed. Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, Great Mouse Detective, and 101 Dalmatians are all long shots (I assume), but I'd really like to hear that the ride isn't based on any of them, so we can just stop including them in our guesses lol.

At least with France we knew it was between BatB and Ratatouille. But since we haven't heard of anything other than Poppins not being the favorite, I'm assuming things are still very undecided.

Kman101

No kidding. :banghead: I so wish we could get a definitive list of what it isn't going to be themed. Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, Great Mouse Detective, and 101 Dalmatians are all long shots (I assume), but I'd really like to hear that the ride isn't based on any of them, so we can just stop including them in our guesses lol.

At least with France we knew it was between BatB and Ratatouille. But since we haven't heard of anything other than Poppins not being the favorite, I'm assuming things are still very undecided.

Seems like it.

While I'm sure the new Poppins movie will be good, I'd really hope it's classic Julie Andrews Poppins we get but I'm not holding my breath. Either way the world of Poppins would make for a great ride.

bclane

I'm sure there was probably a proposal for a carousel and Jim ran with that. I think he hears a lot of very blue sky ideas. He gets some things right but more times than not ... but couldn't they do both? If they decide on something not Poppins for the ride, couldn't there be room for a beautiful Poppins carrousel and a nice D-ticket dark ride? I doubt we get two attractions though ... I'd be very disappointed if it was just a carousel or some flat ride or maze/walk-through but I believe all of those have been shot down, but again, I guess plans could change.
I'm hoping for the Poppins carousel where the horses go around a couple times and then leap off the carousel and into a dark ride trip through the countryside that ends in a thrilling race. That would be epic!

Brer Oswald

Why would you say 'MK has a lot of rides' when you've been to a park that has a lot of rides, and even then gets overrun?

Lets be clear about Philharmagic - it moves a lot of people. It has double the hourly capacity (a little less than double, but with all the stopping Pan does, its basically double) as Pan does. So if you drop it, and double Pan, you're looking at 0 change for attraction capacity.

Simply looking at wait times is not an indicator of an attractions popularity or success. It used to be that Pirates would be walk on almost always. Was that a success indicator? No. It was because it moves tons of people. Giant crowd eaters are what Disney parks need more of, not less. Its the problem with Pandoras waits, and it will be the problem with SW:GE and TSL as well. TSL at least can count TSM as an attraction so that will help, but its other two are low capacity.
Do you think Magic Kingdom is lacking in attractions? Is 30 attractions not enough? That's plenty for me, especially when Fantasyland has almost a third of the attractions already. Sure, Philharmagic was built to move a lot of people through at once, but these days, you'd be lucky to see half the theatre filled.

Kamikaze

Do you think Magic Kingdom is lacking in attractions? Is 30 attractions not enough? That's plenty for me, especially when Fantasyland has almost a third of the attractions already. Sure, Philharmagic was built to move a lot of people through at once, but these days, you'd be lucky to see half the theatre filled.

Half the theater filled is still the same OHRC as Pan. It doesn't have to be filled.

Yes, I would say the MK needs more attractions. How many? Not sure. But it can use a giant people eater or two.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You been to Disneyland?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom