The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I need to clean my computer room. Sometimes I wonder where all the dust comes from. It also doesn't help when the birds throw their feathers and seeds everywhere. I have been crocheting a lot lately, when the bird/conure is out. However, I need to do some cleaning and vacuuming tonite. Suddenly I am in the mood. Looking forward to the birthday party that I am going to on Sunday. Should be fun, and I get to see family I haven't seen since Christmas. I wish our family was closer than what they are. I have one niece who texts me all the time. Not exactly my niece. She is the granddaughter of my late brother. Does that make her a niece, or a great niece? Probably something else. Anyway. Her little boy is turning one. Looking forward to seeing her.
good idea,as computers can get damaged in the long run by dust getting inside the moving parts. Like the cpu fan and thus making the machine overheat.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
No, my grandson gave us his conure, because the conure became way too attached to my grandson and wanted attention 24/7. My grandson could not even go to bed without the bird squawking terribly. My husband has the bird under a good schedule, even though I am afraid of the bird. Thankfully, the bird is only out of her cage two hours in the a.m. and 2 hours right before dinner. I try and avoid the living room when the bird is out, or I go out and run errands or do chores. This crazy bird thinks everyone is a perch, and flew on my head the other day. I was freaking out. My husband, of course, said "calm down" the bird was only there for a few moments. For me, it felt like forever.

There is a red wing blackbird at the waterpark my DD part time manages that is beyond crazy. If there is a human around it swoops down and pecks them in the head. Nothing like a lifeguard climbing the stand ladder and being attacked.

I have mixed feelings about birds but I have a robin for years and years that returns to my back yard and rebuilds close to her nest of the year before. This year I can see she has aged. She became use to me and Walter over the years and when I am watering with the hose she comes to play in the spray. She'd also made use Walt's kiddie pool as a bird bath. That is as close to a bird for a pet I am likely to have.

donaldtoo

Well, the good news is that it's nice weather right now...not real hot, but definitely not cold, and it's supposed to be dry for a couple of days. We're about an hour or so from Cologne, so the weather there should be pretty similar. Are they renting a car?

I think Cologne has been pretty decent weather-wise, so far. They did get a bunch of rain one day when they were in Amsterdam. DD has been sending us little Snapchat blurbs like she did last summer on their European trip. :)
And yes, they did rent a car. The steering wheel has a Mazda emblem on it. I haven't seen the exterior, but, I'm guessing it's probably a Mazda 3 (or European equivalent...?). :)

DDs FIL rented an SUV last year (don't remember what it was other than SUV) for all their traveling in England, Scotland, and Ireland (ferry from Scotland to Ireland).
DD and SonIL flew to Cologne and back.
Both DDs have a mutual friend in Cologne from their international workout program that they're members of. :)

MOXOMUMD

I hope so, too. We want everyone on here to be healthy and free of pain. @MOXOMUMD
Got my first shot today. Not to be crude but it's about an inch to the left of the top of my buttcrack and I have a bruised cheek. They told me I was too dehydrated for an IV so no sedation. They sprayed me down with some stuff and I thought of you and buried my face in the pillow. They did put my legs in restraints because the nerves were making me kick like a mad horse. Boyhowdy I knew when they were putting in the meds but it was 15 minutes tops. The nurse gave me a pop and Oreos for doing so well. :joyfull:

donaldtoo

Actually, Today!! Hubs is going to get the car this morning, and return the loaner car they gave him from the repair shop. Even though the bill is around $800, my (usually useless) extended protection contract that I purchased some years ago from Ford (when we first bought the used car--by the way, it's a Chevy, but the contract was from Ford--go figure . . . o_O), is actually paying for some of this repair.

So hubs said it will be around $400 that we'll end up paying out of pocket. That's not nearly as bad as I had anticipated when the car first went into the shop.

A week-late YAY...!!!!! :joyfull:

Did y'all purchase the car used from a Ford dealership? If so, that explains why they also offered the protection plan. Of course, it doesn't matter who offers them (there are tons of independent places out there that do these days), the way they're set up, the house always wins in the long run, even if they hafta' pay the occasional jackpot. :bored: ;)

Congrats on y'all's "jackpot"...!!! :)

Gabe1

Wish I had some to send you. It's been cloudy with on and off very light rain for a couple of days. YUCK! Just enough not to have to water my plants but no extra to send your way:(

It is squishy here. The river came down a foot but still over. The grass has mud on it, yuck. We are in the middle of founders day festival here and the town smells like a sweaty foot.

My fault. I wished for rain (not a monsoon) so I wouldn't have to water. :mad:

Gabe1

We're having the weirdest weather today, cloudy and lots of thunder and lightning but almost no rain or wind.

We had that day #1 of rain. Some had gone North and other South and we got just enough to make it humid. And then the skies opened up........It took me 24 hours to be able to reach my garage. Crazy for July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom