Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdan888

Can we get a brown country in the mix? I guess Brazil qualifies technically but something like India or Africa would be nice. I would like to see another country take over the America Pavilion. I have never seen the point of it. The whole rest of all the parks is American. What is the point of the restaurant and gift shop? The building seem to be a weird copy of Liberty Square. keep the stage but change the country. Too controversial? lol

NothingRhymeswithOrange

Can we get a brown country in the mix? I guess Brazil qualifies technically but something like India or Africa would be nice. I would like to see another country take over the America Pavilion. I have never seen the point of it. The whole rest of all the parks is American. What is the point of the restaurant and gift shop? The building seem to be a weird copy of Liberty Square. keep the stage but change the country. Too controversial? lol
The American Adventure is known as the Host Country. America is hosting the other countries in their world showcase...

drwadadli

I don't disagree about adding other countries and India is a good choice. As for Africa, remember there is an entire land dedicated to Africa at AK and the AKL. As for The American Adventure, I agree it looks like a copy of Liberty Square but why can't U.S.A. be presented. Since the World Showcase is on the idea of a World's Fair, are you then suggesting that the country hosting the World's Fair isn't allowed to have a pavilion?? Not everyone that visits WDW and Epcot is from America and plus The American Adventure show is a technological marvel when it was built. So for me, The American Adventure Pavilion stays but not going to argue that the gift shop isn't cheesy.

djdan888

I don't disagree about adding other countries and India is a good choice. As for Africa, remember there is an entire land dedicated to Africa at AK and the AKL. As for The American Adventure, I agree it looks like a copy of Liberty Square but why can't U.S.A. be presented. Since the World Showcase is on the idea of a World's Fair, are you then suggesting that the country hosting the World's Fair isn't allowed to have a pavilion?? Not everyone that visits WDW and Epcot is from America and plus The American Adventure show is a technological marvel when it was built. So for me, The American Adventure Pavilion stays but not going to argue that the gift shop isn't cheesy.
Maybe it is just me not getting the point of having it there to begin with. Maybe if the Pavilion was done better I might think differently but as it is now, to me it seems like acres of wasted space. Lots of concrete . Maybe if it was something cool like a mini New York city or something, but as it is it is yet another rehash of the colonial times. I just feel like something better could be in that prime spot.

drwadadli

Maybe it is just me not getting the point of having it there to begin with. Maybe if the Pavilion was done better I might think differently but as it is now, to me it seems like acres of wasted space. Lots of concrete . Maybe if it was something cool like a mini New York city or something, but as it is it is yet another rehash of the colonial times. I just feel like something better could be in that prime spot.
I see your point and agree that they could have done for to the pavilion like adding parts from all over the US....Empire State Building, Golden Gate Bridge, Mount Rushmore, etc. I am only guessing that they stuck with Colonial times as our country was founded during the Colonial times and not the Industrial Age.

djdan888

So is that small little 1.5 acre site the definite rumored place for the Brazilian Pavilion ( see what I did with the rhyming words)? Not a lot of room to do much.

lazyboy97o

The Colonial architecture comes out of the larger focus on more traditional aesthetics throughout World Showcase. The host pavilion was originally located where Future World and World Showcase meet and was more in line with the aesthetics of Future World. Many sponsors initially wanted more contemporary aesthetics but Disney pushed back. When the host pavilion moved and was more part of World Showcase it gained a similar traditional visual as the other pavilions. The pavilion, like all of the World Showcase pavilions, is not set in the past.

drwadadli

We should get a Caribbean nation. The Dominican Republic does have the largest economy in the Caribbean
I completely agree. The rumor is Puerto Rico but that doesn't really make sense to me since Puerto Rico is NOT a country of its own but a commonwealth or territory of the US. I like Dominican Republic as a choice or do a Caribbean-themed pavilion to cover the economy of the Dominican Republic, the beautiful waterfalls of Dominica and St. Lucia, the sea turtles of Grand Cayman, the beautiful reefs of Saba, or the history of St. Kitts and Antigua.

Haymarket2008

I see your point and agree that they could have done for to the pavilion like adding parts from all over the US....Empire State Building, Golden Gate Bridge, Mount Rushmore, etc. I am only guessing that they stuck with Colonial times as our country was founded during the Colonial times and not the Industrial Age.

The American Adventure was never designed to be like the others. It purposefully doesn't have monuments, landmarks and diverse architecture. The pavilion serves a different purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom