Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Skeleton

I completely agree. The rumor is Puerto Rico but that doesn't really make sense to me since Puerto Rico is NOT a country of its own but a commonwealth or territory of the US. I like Dominican Republic as a choice or do a Caribbean-themed pavilion to cover the economy of the Dominican Republic, the beautiful waterfalls of Dominica and St. Lucia, the sea turtles of Grand Cayman, the beautiful reefs of Saba, or the history of St. Kitts and Antigua.
Not to mention including a Caribbean nation in WS wouldn't take away from something that could be added in AK later such as Australia.

djdan888

The American Adventure was never designed to be like the others. It purposefully doesn't have monuments, landmarks and diverse architecture. The pavilion serves a different purpose.
Which is what? Garden rock concerts? Then literally anything could be here and it wouldn't matter.

Grazia

Is that really a thing though? Do international travellers automatically park themselves in their home pavilion?

I know I don't spend a heck of a lot of time in Canada. Mind you, there's not much to do there, but I'd still rather spend time in pavilions whose countries I have never visited.

Unless there's a ride in Brazil, which I cannot discern from the very vague concept drawings, why would the tour groups spend more time there than in the other pavilions? From my experience, they like rides, rides, and more rides. (And flashing my son in the Pop Century pool ... but that's another story.)

Agreed. I'm from Canada, and I never go to the Canadian Pavillion. Isn't the whole point of Epcot to explore other places, and learn about different cultures other than your own?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I completely agree. The rumor is Puerto Rico but that doesn't really make sense to me since Puerto Rico is NOT a country of its own but a commonwealth or territory of the US. I like Dominican Republic as a choice or do a Caribbean-themed pavilion to cover the economy of the Dominican Republic, the beautiful waterfalls of Dominica and St. Lucia, the sea turtles of Grand Cayman, the beautiful reefs of Saba, or the history of St. Kitts and Antigua.

Would be nice but... a Caribbean pavilion would instantly provide Disney with another opportunity to add the Captain Jack IP so the idea gets a big thumbs down from me.

Haymarket2008

Which is what? Garden rock concerts? Then literally anything could be here and it wouldn't matter.

No. It is the host pavilion of World Showcase. It is built around the central attraction. We are living in America, World Showcase is in America, Epcot is in America, so it all builds to a show depicting the history instead of transporting us to a country we are already in.

djdan888

If the trend is to infuse IP into the World showcase, what attraction does WDI put in Brazil? If there is no new IP, does that mean IP is not mandatory on all new construction? Most importantly, can I get a caparina there?
Too bad Disney did not make the Rio films. That would obviously have been perfect, but can't think of anything really. Maybe just maybe they have an attraction relating to just the country. Can we hope?

Princess Leia

Can we get a brown country in the mix? I guess Brazil qualifies technically but something like India or Africa would be nice. I would like to see another country take over the America Pavilion. I have never seen the point of it. The whole rest of all the parks is American. What is the point of the restaurant and gift shop? The building seem to be a weird copy of Liberty Square. keep the stage but change the country. Too controversial? lol
I love the American Pavilion (minus the food choices), but I'd be pretty okay with different Native American groups having a rotating exhibit there. Keep the American Adventure, but use the adjoining space to talk about different tribes.

Grazia

Brazil seems like an odd choice. There are much more iconic countries that would be on the top of the list, before Brazil, in my mind. (no offense to any Brazilians)

India would visually stand out amongst the current pavilions, making an interesting addition, as someone mentioned already.

W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzLzY2OWQ4N2JmYjEyMTIxOGRlOV9Ub21iX29mX0JhaGFyLXVkLWRpbl9CaGFyXzAxLmpwZyJdLFsicCIsInRodW1iIiwieDM5MD4iXSxbInAiLCJjb252ZXJ0IiwiLXF1YWxpdHkgOTEgLWF1dG8tb3JpZW50Il1d

1024px-Gol_Gumbaz.jpg

istock-478831658.jpg

11330726-Traditional-Hindu-temple-South-India-Kerala-Stock-Photo.jpg

But I guess it is already represented in Animal Kingdom. Maybe they should expand on ideas there.

Spain's architecture and history would also be a beautiful addition. With differences from Catalonia to Andalusia, and their influences. However, places like the Alhambra, the Alcazar, or places with any Moorish influence, might be too similar to the Morrocco Pavillion.
Gaudi's style lends wonderfully to Disney's own style though.

spain-architectural-marvels-sagrada2.jpg

barcelona-spain-architecture-design-main.jpg

stock-photo-mudejar-pavilion-located-in-the-maria-luisa-park-in-seville-andalucia-spain-82995955.jpg

Alcazar-of-Segovia.jpg

alcazar-sevilla-spain-185_4.jpg

credit-660x440.jpg

spain_granada_tour_view_on_alhambra_at_sunset-12_0.jpg

Alcazar-of-Seville-Spain-Header.jpg

bclane

I love the American Pavilion (minus the food choices), but I'd be pretty okay with different Native American groups having a rotating exhibit there. Keep the American Adventure, but use the adjoining space to talk about different tribes.
Yes please!

Princess Leia

Maybe one day we'll get India.
Don't give me false hope, Martin ;) I could spend a day eating Indian food at Epcot.

I know that it's been discussed over and over, and there obviously isn't going to be an issue right now (considering it will be 30+ years between Norway and Brazil being added to Epcot), but the Showplace takes up a lot of valuable real estate. Is there a chance that Food & Wine/other festivals will get its own designated building in another part of the park (like the Odyssey) or will the Showplace be sticking around for a considerable amount of time?
Map 1.png

No Name

If there is a Brazil pavillion, and especially if there is some kind of a queue in the Brazil pavillion... I feel that tour groups chants should certainly be allowed and even encouraged by Disney. How much more of an authentic experience can you get? Most pavillions have to rely on hired entertainment, but this is a free and truly authentic display of culture.

Crack down on chanting and banging when it takes away from the the story and setting, not when it adds to it. I could totally see Disney screwing this one up.

RoysCabin

Seeing that this appears to be moving along makes me very happy. I've been a bit down about a lot of what's hinted at for EPCOT, especially the threat of Impressions potentially being removed or the placement of things like Guardians or what have you into Future World, but hearing that, at long last, a new country may be coming to World Showcase gives me some hope. I don't even mind if it opens without a ride; I love just getting to walk around the Showcase, do some window shopping, grab a snack and a drink, see a museum display, etc., plays into EPCOT being the great "hang out" park. Progress on this is great news, and I'm hoping for the best.

Phicinfan

If the trend is to infuse IP into the World showcase, what attraction does WDI put in Brazil? If there is no new IP, does that mean IP is not mandatory on all new construction? Most importantly, can I get a caparina there?
Well, you have supposedly the 3 amigos leaving Mexico....that would be a solid fit. But you also have the rumor of the Tiki Birds leaving....could be re-purposed there as well..... this is just my speculation folks, don't go running with this ;)

mousekedoc

Premium Member
I thinks Brazil because of all the tourists, and maybe it would finally represent the South American continent. that would leave the need for Australia.

bclane

My preference would be a new India or even a Thailand pavilion because I could eat the food from those two places every day of my life and be very happy. But Brazil is ripe for a pavilion/cultural ride. Just think what Brazil is known for: FIFA, Carnival (biggest party in the world), some of the best coffee if not the best in the world, most plastic surgery procedures in the world (ok maybe skip
that one lol), Amazon rainforest, energy independence, bikini waxing (ok that one will probably get skipped too), beautiful beaches, etc. It could work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom