TyTrap

I'd be patient. The CMs will likely be diligent about policing for cameras and phones before the ride starts and these restraints don't lend themselves to easily pulling a camera out of one's pocket once the rider is seated.

Passholder previews start in about 2 weeks, though...

What I want is for someone to set their camera in the cubby lockers behind the vehicles and leave it running.
So are they going to have music from YES piping through the land. "Close to the edge", "And you and I" would be great choices. Awesome to finally walk into a Roger Dean Album Cover. It's about time Disney created a theme park based on these amazing album covers.
Keys96.jpg
4b463b79aaad1c941cff2ca9f4a998fd.jpg
18m3xl8i3tev1jpg.jpg

It's is awesome....land looks amazing and I hear the E-ticket works and is super fun. Can't wait to walk through. I'm being honest...it would be cool to hear close to the edge playing at night in this park. I'm showing my age.
alot of progressive rock fans would love this place.

Cesar R M

It has to be closer to 2000. I just don't see them going with anything less.
wdwmagic or @marni1971 .. any information on how long is the FOP queue?
Because it looks REALLY long in some of the videos, and that is even including the "cuts" most bloggers did.
Will it be longer than the Minetrain and Mermaid?

Cesar R M

A couple of people were asking if the seats for Flight of Passage move. According to the LA Times, it sounds like the seats are stationary and the platform moves: http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...disney-pandora-avatar-20170502-htmlstory.html

I still don't quite understand. I thought you were supposed to be linked to a specific banshee. So are all 48 banshee visible on the screen at the same time or are you just looking at a portion of the screen that focuses on your groups' banshees?
Maybe the glasses you wear actually "show" your specified banshee but the animation and action its identical to Soaring?

MissM

Why is it so removed on the pathways? It's right next to the entrance but you have to go way up and around to come back down?? (Red line) Why not a connection (purple circle?) If this was addressed somewhere in the 307 previous pages, I apologize. I really haven't kept up on info about this, just happened to see the map get posted today and it stuck out like a sore thumb how awkward the pathway is. (The far left hand side one from Africa is even worse! It goes on forever!)

pandora.png

Rteetz

Why is it so removed on the pathways? It's right next to the entrance but you have to go way up and around to come back down?? (Red line) Why not a connection (purple circle?) If this was addressed somewhere in the 307 previous pages, I apologize. I really haven't kept up on info about this, just happened to see the map get posted today and it stuck out like a sore thumb how awkward the pathway is. (The far left hand side one from Africa is even worse! It goes on forever!)

View attachment 202690
That's no different than Camp Minnie Mickey. You could say the same for why not connect DinoLand to the Oasis. That is not the point. They want you to come in through the park in the Oasis moving to Discovery Island with the reveal of the Tree of Life. Then Discovery Island is your bridge to discovery the many areas of Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's no different than Camp Minnie Mickey. You could say the same for why not connect DinoLand to the Oasis. That is not the point. They want you to come in through the park in the Oasis moving to Discovery Island with the reveal of the Tree of Life. Then Discovery Island is your bridge to discovery the many areas of Animal Kingdom.

It's a lovely plan and sentiment if it wasn't for one small problem: other people.

So. Many. Bottlenecks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
wdwmagic or @marni1971 .. any information on how long is the FOP queue?
Because it looks REALLY long in some of the videos, and that is even including the "cuts" most bloggers did.
Will it be longer than the Minetrain and Mermaid?

I've not seen any videos so don't know if they show this but after the exterior overflow there are 4 distinct queue halls before you reach the ramp area. All have switchback layouts in them. The 4th room has what could be considered the first grouper area. After the ramp / corridor section there's another grouper room followed by the preshow room (and another level change for some)

MissM

I understand the "show" aspect of it but...still a lot of needless walking. *shrugs* AK has such a weird layout to me. Everything is very awkward maneuvering from one part of the park to the other. I think the park is beautiful in decor but it's often a burden to navigate. Again, just my opinion. Clearly, the powers that be don't mind the long, poorly interconnected paths since they've designed the entire park that way and Pandora's placement and access appear to be no different and continue that trend. I just find it burdensome personally.

BubbaQuest

I understand the "show" aspect of it but...still a lot of needless walking. *shrugs* AK has such a weird layout to me. Everything is very awkward maneuvering from one part of the park to the other. I think the park is beautiful in decor but it's often a burden to navigate. Again, just my opinion. Clearly, the powers that be don't mind the long, poorly interconnected paths since they've designed the entire park that way and Pandora's placement and access appear to be no different and continue that trend. I just find it burdensome personally.

You're not the only one. When I was there (pre-Tiffins), we asked a CM where we could get some food in a air-conditioned sit down restaurant. We were surprised to find out we were going to have to navigate our way back through most of the park to get there. We ended up getting something to drink and leaving the park instead.

Again, beautiful park but I did not find it pedestrian friendly at all.

flynnibus

Premium Member

View attachment 202690

Same reason you don't walk behind city hall to adventureland. Backstage areas and the show of moving towards the 'hub' and the tree of life.

Incomudro

Same reason you don't walk behind city hall to adventureland. Backstage areas and the show of moving towards the 'hub' and the tree of life.

Really.
Maybe this is part of the reason some people believe AK is a couple of hour park.
You're supposed to take it in.
Walk through it, dwell in it, discover hidden things in it.
Not speed walk to the rides and get out.
Obviously that's not for everyone, in that case - the park's not for everyone.

lukacseven

View attachment 202690
The WDW parks are based on Walt's idea/concept of individually themed lands radiating from a central hub. In this case Discovery Island and the Tree of Life are the hub.

gorillaball

View attachment 202690

More than norm than not... Here are a couple more other than the MK that has already been mentioned...

upload_2017-5-3_11-5-1.png

upload_2017-5-3_11-6-4.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom