RSoxNo1

It has to be closer to 2000. I just don't see them going with anything less.

So reports indicate that the ride lasts 4.5 minutes, roughly. I'm guessing it can't take less than two minutes to unload and load a 48-rider theater. If my calculations are correct, at max operation, the attraction could maybe pull through 1,800 guests per hour at the most. If the ride is a tad shorter or if unload/load doesn't take as long, maybe more.

This is what I wrote 10/24/2012 a few hours before the blueprints came out:

Current information indicates the following offerings are part of Project Morpho

• E-Ticket attraction: This will be a 3D simulator housed in a gigantic show building. The building will have multiple levels and guests will enter the building on level 3. The attraction will have four separate theaters with three rows of seating in each theater. Each row will load on a separate level. The nature of the simulator itself is unclear but capacity would be comparable to Soarin’ assuming an 8 minute cycle time. The attraction will be housed in a building by itself, with the exception of a portion of the C-Ticket attraction that will enter the Northeast corner of the building.
  • C-Ticket attraction: By all accounts this appears to have replaced the Flora and Fauna walk through attraction that was speculated as part of Project Lightstorm. This attraction appears to have both indoor and outdoor components, and will actually enter the E-Ticket show building below the grade that guests enter. This means that an indoor scene for the C-Ticket attraction will be underneath the queue for the E-Ticket attraction. The ride system for the C-Ticket attraction appears to be a boat or other track based ride.
  • Additional amenities: Disney will also be including a quick service restaurant, multiple shops, and at least one restroom in this project.
Admittedly the info I had on the C-ticket assumed the outdoor portion, but the E-ticket attraction info appears to be pretty spot on.

There are three levels of seating per theater each with 16 seats per level. So this has to assume a quicker cycle time than the 10 minute cycle time we were looking at before. Here are the breakdowns.

Cycle Time (in minutes)
10 minutes: 1152 capacity
9 minutes: 1280
8 minutes: 1440
7 minutes: 1646
6 minutes: 1920
5 minutes: 2304

I have to believe they're targeting between 6 and 7 minutes for the cycle time. I could see the system being quicker loading than Soarin', so that's probably not unreasonable.

180º

This is what I wrote 10/24/2012 a few hours before the blueprints came out:

Current information indicates the following offerings are part of Project Morpho

• E-Ticket attraction: This will be a 3D simulator housed in a gigantic show building. The building will have multiple levels and guests will enter the building on level 3. The attraction will have four separate theaters with three rows of seating in each theater. Each row will load on a separate level. The nature of the simulator itself is unclear but capacity would be comparable to Soarin’ assuming an 8 minute cycle time. The attraction will be housed in a building by itself, with the exception of a portion of the C-Ticket attraction that will enter the Northeast corner of the building.
  • C-Ticket attraction: By all accounts this appears to have replaced the Flora and Fauna walk through attraction that was speculated as part of Project Lightstorm. This attraction appears to have both indoor and outdoor components, and will actually enter the E-Ticket show building below the grade that guests enter. This means that an indoor scene for the C-Ticket attraction will be underneath the queue for the E-Ticket attraction. The ride system for the C-Ticket attraction appears to be a boat or other track based ride.
  • Additional amenities: Disney will also be including a quick service restaurant, multiple shops, and at least one restroom in this project.
Admittedly the info I had on the C-ticket assumed the outdoor portion, but the E-ticket attraction info appears to be pretty spot on.

There are three levels of seating per theater each with 16 seats per level. So this has to assume a quicker cycle time than the 10 minute cycle time we were looking at before. Here are the breakdowns.

Cycle Time (in minutes)
10 minutes: 1152 capacity
9 minutes: 1280
8 minutes: 1440
7 minutes: 1646
6 minutes: 1920
5 minutes: 2304

I have to believe they're targeting between 6 and 7 minutes for the cycle time. I could see the system being quicker loading than Soarin', so that's probably not unreasonable.
Sounds like we're on the same page with our calculations. Nice work!

Casper Gutman

What makes you assume the estimates are off?
Disney clearly anticipates that demand for these rides will far outsrip capacity as evidenced by their massive queues.

Yeah, if the last decade has taught us anything, its that having adequate attraction capacity to accommodate anticipated (or existing) crowd levels is not a high priority.

180º

For those of you curious about FOP's ability to accommodate different shapes and sizes, I spotted this on twitter.

IMG_9909.jpg
IMG_9909.jpg
IMG_9910.jpg

CinematicFusion

So are they going to have music from YES piping through the land. "Close to the edge", "And you and I" would be great choices. Awesome to finally walk into a Roger Dean Album Cover. It's about time Disney created a theme park based on these amazing album covers.
Keys96.jpg
4b463b79aaad1c941cff2ca9f4a998fd.jpg
18m3xl8i3tev1jpg.jpg

It's is awesome....land looks amazing and I hear the E-ticket works and is super fun. Can't wait to walk through. I'm being honest...it would be cool to hear close to the edge playing at night in this park. I'm showing my age.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

48 seats per theatre over 3 levels, 4 theatres... so 192 seats.

If we theorize that it'll be 6 minutes or so from load to unload, that's about 10 cycles an hour... or 1,920 riders per hour. If all theatres are working properly, which they currently aren't.

BubbaQuest

A couple of people were asking if the seats for Flight of Passage move. According to the LA Times, it sounds like the seats are stationary and the platform moves: http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...disney-pandora-avatar-20170502-htmlstory.html

I still don't quite understand. I thought you were supposed to be linked to a specific banshee. So are all 48 banshee visible on the screen at the same time or are you just looking at a portion of the screen that focuses on your groups' banshees?

Daveeeeed

Animal Kingdom has the luxury of space. But yes it does look small but remember its only 2 rides. Whereas Africa, the safari alone is massive.
Obviously, I'm not including the Safaris or even Pandora's show buildings as that would still be unfair.:D Just the land as a whole... the spread of the walking space I guess. I was thinking higher to the tops left, but I'm not going to complain -- still looks epic!

disney4life2008

Obviously, I'm not including the Safaris or even Pandora's show buildings as that would still be unfair.:D Just the land as a whole... the spread of the walking space I guess. I was thinking higher to the tops left, but I'm not going to complain -- still looks epic!

True. I do think other people suggestions of some type of entertainment will be needed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A couple of people were asking if the seats for Flight of Passage move. According to the LA Times, it sounds like the seats are stationary and the platform moves: http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...disney-pandora-avatar-20170502-htmlstory.html

I still don't quite understand. I thought you were supposed to be linked to a specific banshee. So are all 48 banshee visible on the screen at the same time or are you just looking at a portion of the screen that focuses on your groups' banshees?

Your avatar is riding the banshee so you don't see it on the screen, at least that's what I assume. Just like Soarin, you don't see the glider you are riding in.

Sped2424

So are they going to have music from YES piping through the land. "Close to the edge", "And you and I" would be great choices. Awesome to finally walk into a Roger Dean Album Cover. It's about time Disney created a theme park based on these amazing album covers.
Keys96.jpg
4b463b79aaad1c941cff2ca9f4a998fd.jpg
18m3xl8i3tev1jpg.jpg

It's is awesome....land looks amazing and I hear the E-ticket works and is super fun. Can't wait to walk through. I'm being honest...it would be cool to hear close to the edge playing at night in this park. I'm showing my age.
Is that 1D? I Iove one direction.

TalkingHead

It sounds like the ride vehicles are stationary as far as lateral movement. Our old forum buddy Merf has a review over on OU, and he makes it sound like the vehicles tilt, etc. like a simulator while the entire floor contraption moves vertically (like the TOT elevators) to create the sensation of plunging.

He's not an easy critic, and he seemed genuinely impressed by it saying the park had a new headliner attraction. High praise coming from him. Of course, there's another review over there by someone else that is far less gushing, basically saying its a jaw-dropping queue leading up to an evolutionary version of Soarin' that isn't especially groundbreaking.

Also read someone's comments at OU saying the area feels somewhat sparse in terms of things to see and do. It'll be interesting to see whether other visitors say that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom