Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Whew, the logistics of trying to manage guest satisfaction after the CEO has told everyone that they will be able to pilot the Falcon should be interesting.
Stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

It seems pretty clear that what was meant was "Anyone will be allowed to pilot the Millennium Falcon", not "Everyone will, at once, be able to pilot the Millennium Falcon". If it turns out you don't get the wheel, nothing's stopping you from getting back on line until you do.

But who knows, maybe each seat will have its own control panel for which the guest is responsible, kinda like Mission Space. I don't know enough about the Millennium Falcon to say for sure how that would work story-wise, but it seems at least mildly plausible.
This.

Slowjack

You can - I mean ride it 6 times and odds are that you will pilot the Falcon, statistically speaking only of course. :)
Don't be so pessimistic. You only need to ride it four times to have a better-than-even chance to pilot.

Ride # ...Chance to Pilot Falcon on This Ride ... Chance to Fail This Ride ... Cumulative Fail Chance ... Cumulative Success
1 ... 16.67% ... 83.33% ... 83.33% ... 16.67%
2 ... 16.67% ... 83.33% ... 69.44% ... 30.56%
3 ... 16.67% ... 83.33% ... 57.87% ... 42.13%
4 ... 16.67% ... 83.33% ... 48.23% ... 51.77%
5 ... 16.67% ... 83.33% ... 40.19% ... 59.81%
6 ... 16.67% ... 83.33% ... 33.49% ... 66.51%

yeti

Don't be so pessimistic. You only need to ride it four times to have a better-than-even chance to pilot.

Ride # ...Chance to Pilot Falcon on This Ride ... Chance to Fail This Ride ... Cumulative Fail Chance ... Cumulative Success
1 ... 16.67% ... 83.33% ... 83.33% ... 16.67%
2 ... 16.67% ... 83.33% ... 69.44% ... 30.56%
3 ... 16.67% ... 83.33% ... 57.87% ... 42.13%
4 ... 16.67% ... 83.33% ... 48.23% ... 51.77%
5 ... 16.67% ... 83.33% ... 40.19% ... 59.81%
6 ... 16.67% ... 83.33% ... 33.49% ... 66.51%
giphy.gif

roj2323

here's my theory on how the ride will operate in part:

The concept in theory is pretty cool as your crew is piloting the Millennium Falcon and you basically create your own story. The load, unload process will be the interesting part. From what I've worked out in my brain the process could be seamless and you'd never know you were on a rotating platform. What I've worked out is your party would load, the door/doors would shut and the action would start. As the ride progresses the simulator would slowly move forward on the rotating ride platform about 6 ft so when the ride is over and the doors line up, the platform can continue to move while the doors stay aligned and it appears that you are entering/exiting a stationary cockpit.

The nice thing about a system like this is they can slow the attraction down giving ride operators more time to load ADA guests and the only thing the other guests in the other sims on the rotating platform will notice is their ride was an extra 20-30 seconds long. The simulators will simply just let you fly longer so realistically most guests will not even notice. Now, granted this will slow the line and reduce the riders per hour potentially but not in any way that's worse than ride stops at Little Mermaid or Haunted Mansion with their omni mover systems. If Disney breaks guests into their 6/8 person groups and puts them in separate pre ride areas for the safety spiel then each group would have a separate load into the cockpit of the millennium falcon maintaining the illusion.

This ride has the potential to be really amazing if they time everything just right.

britain

here's my theory on how the ride will operate in part:

The concept in theory is pretty cool as your crew is piloting the Millennium Falcon and you basically create your own story. The load, unload process will be the interesting part. From what I've worked out in my brain the process could be seamless and you'd never know you were on a rotating platform. What I've worked out is your party would load, the door/doors would shut and the action would start. As the ride progresses the simulator would slowly move forward on the rotating ride platform about 6 ft so when the ride is over and the doors line up, the platform can continue to move while the doors stay aligned and it appears that you are entering/exiting a stationary cockpit.

The nice thing about a system like this is they can slow the attraction down giving ride operators more time to load ADA guests and the only thing the other guests in the other sims on the rotating platform will notice is their ride was an extra 20-30 seconds long. The simulators will simply just let you fly longer so realistically most guests will not even notice. Now, granted this will slow the line and reduce the riders per hour potentially but not in any way that's worse than ride stops at Little Mermaid or Haunted Mansion with their omni mover systems. If Disney breaks guests into their 6/8 person groups and puts them in separate pre ride areas for the safety spiel then each group would have a separate load into the cockpit of the millennium falcon maintaining the illusion.

This ride has the potential to be really amazing if they time everything just right.

Right, really this is no different than ride stops on Haunted Mansion, it's just that you won't notice the stop!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As the ride progresses the simulator would slowly move forward on the rotating ride platform about 6 ft so when the ride is over and the doors line up, the platform can continue to move while the doors stay aligned and it appears that you are entering/exiting a stationary cockpit.
Not bad, apart from load / unload for each cockpit will have the table physically stationary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom