Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I think it is just going to have to be a case of wait and see until more construction is done or we get a better aerial view.

Stripes

I believe that diagram is wrong. For Orlando anyway.

Assuming both are the same, the falcon buildings should be all part of one building.
I believe it's technically part of the same building, but the building shrinks to a narrow walkway.
IMG_0411.JPG
Does this look anything like you've heard?

Attachments

• IMG_0411.JPG
    IMG_0411.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 316

BrianLo

Thanks for the clarification... not sure how I feel about that honestly. I'm sure it's much larger than it appears in photos but seems like it would be very short ride.

It's like a Ferris wheel. It can go as fast or as slowly around the rotation as it needs to. We really can't tell anything from ride time by the size of it technically.

I think what's more promising is that they are building four of them. Unlike Mission Space, a lot of the wasted ride time spent on loading everyone at once doesn't need to cut into individual ride time on a continuous loader, to maintain a similar capacity. As a result you are on the ride when (?9) other pods have to load and unload. Stopping the whole spin to do so. Since the point isn't the actual spinning, you do spend quite a long time on a Ferris wheel stationary, as you will this ride without realizing it.

I believe it's technically part of the same building, but the building shrinks to a narrow walkway.
View attachment 198011
Does this look anything like you've heard?

We've since learned that the MiceChat depiction of the MF building was a bit inaccurate to what is happening. The official plans leaked from the DL site align with the one contiguous building with a big semi circular cutout for a full size MF prop to sit out front.

jt04

How do you come to that conclusion from an I beam for a new canopy that will wrap around the curved corner of the facade? Come back in six months and say it again.

It was clearly stated as a guess as I have no blueprints. I am all ears as to what you think it is.

tribbleorlfl

FYI, the full panel schedule for Star Wars Celebration next weekend has been released and there are two panels pertaining to Star Wars in the parks. Note, the Saturday panel is in a Prime time and is on the main stage and is devoted to the attractions. Since the last Jedi trailer is expected to be released at Celebration, I wouldn't be surprised if some new information on Star Wars Experience is released.
pixlr.jpg
Screenshot_20170405-143057.jpg
Screenshot_20170405-143116.jpg

On a related note, I will no longer be able to attend so I have 2 adult 4 day and 1 child 4 day passes available if anyone is looking for tickets.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
FYI, the full panel schedule for Star Wars Celebration next weekend has been released and there are two panels pertaining to Star Wars in the parks. Note, the Saturday panel is in a Prime time and is on the main stage and is devoted to the attractions. Since the last Jedi trailer is expected to be released at Celebration, I wouldn't be surprised if some new information on Star Wars Experience is released.View attachment 198312 View attachment 198314 View attachment 198313

On a related note, I will no longer be able to attend so I have 2 adult 4 day and 1 child 4 day passes available if anyone is looking for tickets.

April is the cruelest month.

tribbleorlfl

April is the cruelest month.
Tell me about it. I bought them the day they went on sale May of last year, not realizing: 1) I'd be on a business trip through that Friday and 2) It's Easter weekend (thus my Saturday and Sunday will be called for with family and religious obligations).

We had so much fun at the first two here in Orlando and we're eagerly looking forward to this one. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom