Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
A canopy wrapping around the corner of the building. So far as I know the facade will be theme generic.
I may be wrong, probably am, but did you say that an old NY York or old city look would be the blend with SWL and ML... could we, now is my question, see more of this old city visual appear throughout the park to bring it all together?

jaxonp

I apologize in advance if this has been asked and discussed, however.. We know Battle is an LPS but does anyone know what type of Ride System the Millennium Falcon will be. The shots from Disneyland that were released this week look like some type of ride that rotates?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I apologize in advance if this has been asked and discussed, however.. We know Battle is an LPS but does anyone know what type of Ride System the Millennium Falcon will be. The shots from Disneyland that were released this week look like some type of ride that rotates?

It will be a simulator. From what I understand the rotation will allow it to basically be a continuously loading simulator.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This.

Star Tours (seven of them) on a slowly rotating platform (four of them)

With cabins that each hold six.

So if they can load a vehicle every 40 seconds, that would give a 4 1/2 minute ride time and 90 dispatches per hour.

90 dispatches * 6 people per car * 4 turntables = 2160 per hour. Not to bad, and even higher if the ride is a little shorter.

Slowjack

From what we have discovered, it will be a screen-based simulator. You'll be sitting the in the Falcon's cockpit (six people, I think) with the screen in front of you. Your screen and your cockpit will be slowly rotating together but that effect will go unnoticed by guests. The rotation is to allow the cockpits to be continually loaded and unloaded from the same points. The idea is that the last part of the queue will make you feel like you are walking through the Falcon's corridors. so the cockpit is right where it should be. Soon after one party loads, another group is taken through the corridor to an empty cockpit--because the last cockpit has rotated away. There's also been talk of some interactive elements, but as of yet no one has spilled any details.

doctornick

So if they can load a vehicle every 40 seconds, that would give a 4 1/2 minute ride time and 90 dispatches per hour.

90 dispatches * 6 people per car * 4 turntables = 2160 per hour. Not to bad, and even higher if the ride is a little shorter.

I think you'd say it's about a 4 minute ride time in that scenario -- you can't really account for the 40 seconds while a cabin in unloading/loading as part of the "ride time".

I also wonder if it will tend to have full cabins all the time. 6 is potentially an awkward number unless they'll have single riders.

HauntedMansionFLA

I think you'd say it's about a 4 minute ride time in that scenario -- you can't really account for the 40 seconds while a cabin in unloading/loading as part of the "ride time".

I also wonder if it will tend to have full cabins all the time. 6 is potentially an awkward number unless they'll have single riders.
I'm curious about the qeue / pre-show area. Are there going to be some cool experiences in both rides that make you feel like your in The SW universe at both attractions. ( and of course the actual rides )

Marc Davis Fan

Considering the 6-seat arrangement, it's hard to imagine this not having a single-rider option. Imagine Test Track without a single rider line. That would be a lot of empty seats.

I'm curious about the qeue / pre-show area. Are there going to be some cool experiences in both rides that make you feel like your in The SW universe at both attractions. ( and of course the actual rides )

I believe that the queues for both attractions will be quite immersive. I am not confident that we'll see interactive elements/experiences, though.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hopefully, your comparison to Star Tours is merely about the fact that this attraction involves sitting inside a cabin. I think I speak for everyone in hoping there will be a lot more to this ride experience than a variation on Star Tours!

I know the visuals will be different: specifically, I believe it will have multiple screens arranged like the Falcon windows. But I am not sure about the differences in motion..

The "screen" will be outside of the windows. Not part of the cabin. Motion base will be same 3-axis system as Star Tours.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Good point. This was just a calculation of theoretical maximum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom