Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Otterhead

What we know of Star Wars Experience:
I'm really intrigued by the concept they revealed of your results on the rides 'carrying over'. That if you bring the Millennium Falcon back all beaten up, that elsewhere in SW Land, Han Solo might find you and berate you for bringing his ship back in bad shape, or if you fly well, you might be recognized as a great pilot when you do the Death Star ride, etc. The concept of rides having 'consequences' is super intriguing.

Neo222

I am really excited for this. They keep talking about immersion and crafting an experience for guests. I can see all sorts of possibilities, and well, the stories that might come out. With the inclusion of the Magicband, it opens up a lot. I can sort of imagine how they can pull that off with that technology, and more.

jt04

It's just a bit odd to me that we have so much info on star wars, i understand it's a cash cow, but it's still 2 and a half years from opening. we've had a lot of info including videos/simulations of the rides. they have 2 major projects to open before this land opens.
(Falcon)
(2:38) trackless ride

Disney owns Lucasfilm but not Lightstorm so there are potential diplomatic entanglements that had to be handled carefully.

No Name

I am really excited for this. They keep talking about immersion and crafting an experience for guests. I can see all sorts of possibilities, and well, the stories that might come out. With the inclusion of the Magicband, it opens up a lot. I can sort of imagine how they can pull that off with that technology, and more.

The only issue with the MagicBand is that it doesn't exist in California.

Since both lands are supposed to be pretty much the same, I can't imagine them including some interactivity in WDW's version and not including that in DL's. The Millenium Falcon ride decisions following you outside of the attraction, and "building a reputation"... if that's not exaggeration, it sounds like something that MagicBands would be needed for. It sounds absolutely wonderful, I should add, and far more innovative than anything they've done so far with the bands. This is the kind of stuff I've been waiting to see.

But I can't envision how it would work in DL. Maybe they'll have some sort of wearable for SWL out there. Anyone know?

cjkeating

Am I the only one concerned about Chris Beatty's involvement considering his involvement in New Fantasyland especially with the botched forced perspective of the Beast's Castle?

It's not just you, as soon as I saw him alarm bells started going off. Hopefully he has had less to do with the design and more to do with getting it constructed on the ground.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sorry, but (please ignore my stupidity) who's Chris Beatty? And why nobody likes him?

He is an imaginer that worked on the Fantasyland expansion. It seems that some people blame him for things they do not like about the Fantasyland Expansion. Some dislike may also come from his participation in the absolutely cringe worth "live chats" with imaginers that were done on the Disney Parks Blog during the construction of the expansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom