Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

The Empress Lilly

I'm hoping for BatB to break all records, causing somebody to cancel RAT and decree BatB instead.

Still an affront and the end of WS, but at least it's not the end of WS for a ride I do every few months already. RAT's fun, but I regret the sudden cloning and copying between DLP and WDW, the two resorts I've got an AP too. :oops:

Last edited:

Kman101

If the numbers B&TB got didn't cause them to change their minds I doubt they are at this point. I'd still rather hold out hope that someday, hopefully I'm still kicking, that they put it in the Magic Kingdom. Enchanted Tales with Belle can't carry on forever and ever can it?

Kman101

Sounds like they don't get the appeal of a theater attraction. I'm sure a lot of guests don't either, which is disappointing. I really hope they keep the theater space as a theater. (And keep IDF)

What's the potential future of Reflections of China and O'Canada?

Figments Friend

The Marine life Institute...the Imagination Institute...the Test Track testing facility / design studio. ..the Mars test flight training center....the Dino Institute....

WDI just doesn't know how to create a place anymore other than through institutes or off-the-rack IP worlds.

A excellent point that i happen to agree with.

Where are the imaginative, original worlds WED / WDI used to specialize in creating?

Where are today's immersive and self made original experiences like 'Pirates of the Caribbean', 'The Haunted Mansion', and 'Journey Into Imagination ( Original )'...?

'Mystic Manor' is the only recent non-IP Attraction I can think of off the top of my head....

I often get the impression that we are all missing out on some truly unique and wonderful experiences at the cost of current IP film trends and corporate directives fueled by Marketing.
Just think of all the fantastic things we could be experiencing INSTEAD of just 'reliving a familiar movie'.

Original and immersive experiences like 'Discovery Bay' and 'Beastly Kingdom' come fo mind.
I miss those days of yore when originality and uniqueness were pursued for the sake of just that.

I understand the vastly different work environment now, and how the company wants to 'play it safe'....but it would be nice to see a few creative gems come forth that are specifically for the Park experience itself and not nessesarily for tie-in synergy purposes.

-

Last edited:

clemmo

That moment is over. How about now ( wink wink). Actually that matches Serpico's last discussion. Serpico also had a timeline for Rat more in line with Feather. Side note, have you heard anything about the MI door coaster being discussed again?
Oh not this again lol. This has been one of those projects that I thought for sure would come to DHS for a long time and the park could still use it though maybe more as a dark ride. Anyway about RAT while I'd love for it to be open in 2019 (especially if SWE doesn't make it in time) they're going to have to move quite fast and announce this at D23 or next year at the latest I'd think.

ToTBellHop

That moment is over. How about now ( wink wink). Actually that matches Serpico's last discussion. Serpico also had a timeline for Rat more in line with Feather. Side note, have you heard anything about the MI door coaster being discussed again?
Personally, I think it should have been MI doors or Slinky. DHS needs more variety, not three coasters.

It needs something with a boat. And no height requirement.

andre85

Glad to hear Rat's greenlit. But the question is, do we get the restaurant with it too, or would be deemed superfluous with Chefs de France?

doctornick

Original Poster
To walk through a magic mirror layout of the current enchanted tales and into a load area to the ride would be top NOTCH.

It would be awesome, but would be terrible for capacity, I'd imagine. They haven't to have 2 or 3 mirror rooms to make it work.

That said, ETWB has it's place -- it's what a quality M&G should be. That doesn't take away from the point that there could/should have been a BatB ride as part of the expansion.

Still, given the sheer volume of BatB "stuff" that exists at WDW, I wouldn't mind seeing other IPs used before considering BatB. I mean, among princesses alone, an attraction for, say, Tangled or Sleeping Beauty would be nice and there's plenty of other classic Disney films that have never gotten attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom