Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

doctornick

Original Poster
IDF could stay or could go. There's 3/4 scenarios being debated. One is the removal sadly.

I might be reading into this, but I'm guessing the 4 scenarios are something like:
1. No change to IDF
2. Updating IDF -- same concept, just with new scenes. I would guess the same score and potentially some of the scenes remaining the same.
3. Replacing IDF -- new, unrelated film using the same theater space
4. Removal of IDF -- using the theater space for a totally different purpose, perhaps as a queue for Ratatouille

I'd be mostly fine with any of #1 to 3 (prefer 2 or 3), but hope it isn't 4. If removal is related to Ratatouille, then we might learn for sure once those plans are announced or confirmed/hinted at by insiders.

drwadadli

God NO! Remy doesn't know anything about the country...just the kitchen and the sewers of Paris... Leave IDF as a representation of the true spirit of France... Add Remy to the other side of the pavilion...whimsical side of France...
My understanding is the Ratatouille attraction wouldn't require the removal of Impressions de France and would be located on the Moroccian side of France's pavilion

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'd be mostly fine with any of #1 to 3 (prefer 2 or 3), but hope it isn't 4. If removal is related to Ratatouille, then we might learn for sure once those plans are announced or confirmed/hinted at by insiders.

My understanding is the Ratatouille attraction wouldn't require the removal of Impressions de France and would be located on the Moroccian side of France's pavilion

I assure you the plan shows the theatre space remaining as-is. It's what goes in that space that's currently undecided.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
God NO! Remy doesn't know anything about the country...just the kitchen and the sewers of Paris... Leave IDF as a representation of the true spirit of France... Add Remy to the other side of the pavilion...whimsical side of France...
Well, they missed a great opportunity for YABR (yet another boat ride) by not doing "Les égouts de Paris avec Remy"!

drwadadli

Come on people! Disney can't afford to operate TWO attraction in ONE pavilion! You are all asking for too much. Sheesh.
Apparently they can!!!!

"Disney Studios Paris has a trackless/LPS (Location Position System) attraction featuring Ratatouille. The lead Imagineer on that attraction is long time Imagineer, Tom Fitzgerald who is the current lead Imagineer of Epcot.

There are strong rumors that a version of this attraction will find it's way to the France Pavilion in Epcot before Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary in 2021. Reportedly the attraction has already been approved, which would make the D23 Expo in July a logical time to officially announce it.

The speculation is that the ride would be placed on the Morroco side of the France Pavilion and may not require the removal of Impressions de France."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Apparently they can!!!!

"Disney Studios Paris has a trackless/LPS (Location Position System) attraction featuring Ratatouille. The lead Imagineer on that attraction is long time Imagineer, Tom Fitzgerald who is the current lead Imagineer of Epcot.

There are strong rumors that a version of this attraction will find it's way to the France Pavilion in Epcot before Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary in 2021. Reportedly the attraction has already been approved, which would make the D23 Expo in July a logical time to officially announce it.

The speculation is that the ride would be placed on the Morroco side of the France Pavilion and may not require the removal of Impressions de France."

You know you're quoting someone who's getting their information from this thread, right?

rushtest4echo

The proposed queue is well handled without intruding into the theatre space.

There's a few execs who just need to understand this.

So, you expect execs to not close an attraction AND use it's facade for a different (new) one? You expect them to build a new queue when it can be crammed into a shuttered attraction instead? That's double savings! :cool: Quarterly bonus. Reduced operating costs! Reduced construction costs! Increased traffic through existing stores! Ruinng the lives of WDWMagic posters everywhere! So many opportunities!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom