Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Princess Leia

Just in from Tokyo for Beauty & the Beast. Maybe worth reconsidering for France or MK (First choice...):

MK should get this over Epcot, for sure. It's just a matter of making room at MK, and not focusing on one IP too much.

Little Mermaid has the M&G and a ride. BatB has an interactive M&G, a restaurant, a tavern, and another M&G (and occasionally Belle meets in Liberty Square for some reason). As gorgeous as Tokyo's Beauty and the Beast land will be, I'm not sure that NFL really needs the ride right now. The other parks need additions first.

jaxonp

That doesn't do much for me either. I mean it is pretty but so is NFL's BatB area. The only significant improvement here is the castle is more than 10 ft. tall. Otherwise it looks a lot like our. I want to see the actual ride.

We don't need anything to compete with Cindy castle either. The little boo boo 10 foot beast castle above BOG is enough for me.

jaxonp

Be careful what you ask for--they have McDonald's in Paris, you know...

The only thing that would make the French restaurant more authentic would be to have all the chairs facing out towards the walkway. The menu is typical French style. The service is too good as well. If you want that authentic Parisian cafe experience, the waiters need to be uninterested in you and you need to call them over for everything. Also the house wine needs to be incredible and cheap.

HauntedMansionFLA

MK should get this over Epcot, for sure. It's just a matter of making room at MK, and not focusing on one IP too much.

Little Mermaid has the M&G and a ride. BatB has an interactive M&G, a restaurant, a tavern, and another M&G (and occasionally Belle meets in Liberty Square for some reason). As gorgeous as Tokyo's Beauty and the Beast land will be, I'm not sure that NFL really needs the ride right now. The other parks need additions first.
DHS could always get a Princess land and do them justice. BotB dark ride, frozen ride, Tangled and so on. And of course meet and greets / dining options. It would give the park variety.

KrazyKat

Personally, I think it should have been MI doors or Slinky. DHS needs more variety, not three coasters.

It needs something with a boat. And no height requirement.

Would be great (NO actually AWESOME!) if they brought over the Pirates attraction from Shanghai and put it in DHS. It's a water ride based on a huge movie IP which is what the park is based on. WDW is big enough for 2 pirate rides, both very different from each other.

C'mon Disney!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It needs something with a boat. And no height requirement.

Here, allow me to make some folks go all twitchy...

Create a Pirate's Land in DHS. A full immersion land. After all, it's supposed to be the park where you can live the movies and PotC is one of Disney's huge franchises. This is where the Shanghai PotC clone will go. Pirate restaurant. Pirate shows. Jedi Pirate training academy. Once that is done, the PotC ride in the MK can be repurposed.

There's your boat ride.

And add a flume.

Edit: I realized this should have gone to the HS Park Wide Changes Thread. I'll repost it there... Here you go: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-changes-incoming.915948/page-11#post-7651632

Last edited:

doctornick

Original Poster
Here, allow me to make some folks go all twitchy...

Create a Pirate's Land in DHS. A full immersion land. After all, it's supposed to be the park where you can live the movies and PotC is one of Disney's huge franchises. This is where the Shanghai PotC clone will go. Pirate restaurant. Pirate shows. Jedi Pirate training academy. Once that is done, the PotC ride in the MK can be repurposed.

There's your boat ride.

And add a flume.

I have no problem with the plan, except no reason to get rid of MK's POTC -- just remove the Jack Sparrow elements from that ride and restore it as "classic" POTC. There's plenty of variation between the classic version of MK's POTC and Shanghai's ride that would allow them to co-exist at WDW, especially at totally different parks.

I think an Indy themed land would be better than Pirates given the choice, but I'd have no problem with going with Pirates for this sort of endeavor. It would basically be like copying Treasure Cove from Shanghai.

gmajew

Premium Member
Yes, please. Only scenes that need updating are those of people stuck in the 80s and Paris skyline (I was recently reminded of this). Otherwise, keep visuals, narration, and music as is.

Yeah the movie is outdated for sure... It is a great show but the youth today struggle with seeing clothes that out dated. Really no different then when we were kids and forced to watch movies from the prior generations....

JohnD

Yeah the movie is outdated for sure... It is a great show but the youth today struggle with seeing clothes that out dated. Really no different then when we were kids and forced to watch movies from the prior generations....

That wedding scene. Kid with 80s hair and loud blue tuxedo with tails. So dated. Substitute a new wedding scene with same narration. New viewers won't know the difference.

lazyboy97o

I find it hard to get excited about this if it truly isn't coming online until 2020?? o_O I'm not privy to what it takes to build things but I don't understand why or how, other than laziness, it takes three years to build something like this. *deep breaths*
Disney's feasibility/approval process happens fairly early in the design process. It is after Blue Sky and Concept Design, leaving Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documentation to occur afterwards. While something like the Rattouille attraction would have most of its design intent already settled, you cannot simply grab blueprints for a building in France and hand them to a contractor in Florida. There are lots of technical details that will have to be reviewed and redesigned by architects and engineers licensed in Florida. Every little thing has to reviewed to ensure that it is in compliance with the EPCOT Building Code. The back wall of the showbuilding in France may not meet EPCOT's wind load requirements. Walls designed to be built with standard European metric material dimensions may have to be redesigned for American imperial dimensions. Doors checked for egress size and accessibility. The slope of roofs. Electrical wiring needs to be designed for American loads. HVAC needs to be designed for Florida's very different climate. Lots of little things that all go into something that looks the same.

A great example of this is the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney's California Adventure and Walt Disney Studios Park. If you look at construction photos of the two, you will see that, despite having the same outward appearance, they are completely different structural systems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom