The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Our one cat wakes up dh every morning at 3:30 even after the time change. 6am would be so welcome. That would be like a sleep in morning. :confused:
I generally have Belle well trained. I leave the door to my room closed because otherwise, sound from downstairs would travel right up and into my room. I have a set of hanging bells I got from Morocco when I was four (Epcot, not the real thing ;) ). Anyway, I have them hanging on the door, and Belle is trained that if she wants out, she rings the bells with her paw, and I open the door. It means I barely wake up if she wants to leave. I also keep the shades up on one if the windows, and she has a perch so she can watch outside in the morning. She has catnip toys nearby that she cab play with.

She also has an automatic feeder that doesn't turn until 6 am, so she knows she gets fed no earlier than that. She's pretty much adjusted to sleeping when we do. Sometimes she'll ask to be let out before I get up. Weekends, someone lets her back in my room late morning. During the week, since I've started working, she pretty much wants to be with me until I leave. She follows me around as I get ready. And then greats me when I get home.

Do I own a cat or a dog?o_O:hilarious:.

MySmallWorldof4

I generally have Belle well trained. I leave the door to my room closed because otherwise, sound from downstairs would travel right up and into my room. I have a set of hanging bells I got from Morocco when I was four (Epcot, not the real thing ;) ). Anyway, I have them hanging on the door, and Belle is trained that if she wants out, she rings the bells with her paw, and I open the door. It means I barely wake up if she wants to leave. I also keep the shades up on one if the windows, and she has a perch so she can watch outside in the morning. She has catnip toys nearby that she cab play with.

She also has an automatic feeder that doesn't turn until 6 am, so she knows she gets fed no earlier than that. She's pretty much adjusted to sleeping when we do. Sometimes she'll ask to be let out before I get up. Weekends, someone lets her back in my room late morning. During the week, since I've started working, she pretty much wants to be with me until I leave. She follows me around as I get ready. And then greats me when I get home.

Do I own a cat or a dog?o_O:hilarious:.
Gosh, maybe because we named that cat Tigger he is acting like his namesake. Sounds like your Belle is a lovely lady. :)

StarWarsGirl

Gosh, maybe because we named that cat Tigger he is acting like his namesake. Sounds like your Belle is a lovely lady. :)
I've posted this before, but I pretty much couldn't ask for a more well-behaved kitty. She doesn't go outside (looks at us like we're nuts if we suggest the idea), has only gone outside the litterbox when she's been sick, doesn't destroy furniture, you can leave a chicken out to defrost and know it'll still be there if you turn your back, and is completely non-aggressive. She won't attack any human being, not even the vet. I can't say the same for a mouse that wandered inside a few years ago...

MySmallWorldof4

I've posted this before, but I pretty much couldn't ask for a more well-behaved kitty. She doesn't go outside (looks at us like we're nuts if we suggest the idea), has only gone outside the litterbox when she's been sick, doesn't destroy furniture, you can leave a chicken out to defrost and know it'll still be there if you turn your back, and is completely non-aggressive. She won't attack any human being, not even the vet. I can't say the same for a mouse that wandered inside a few years ago...
We have 3 cats. Tigger is the only one with issues as in wakes dh up a bit on the early side. ;) He also has had UTI issues where he has not gone in the litter box. :( Our newest little guy Oliver,also named after a Disney character (looks just like him),is our perfect kitty. We rescued from Petsmart. He was 6 months old when we got him. He had been there for 4 months!! I saw him the end of August in there and then went back Halloween to pick up more cat food. He was still there!! The cutest little orange and white kitty. We had him the next day. :inlove: He is a snuggler and is so gentle. Our cats don't go out either. We try and keep the bunnies safe. :)

donaldtoo

Just 10 inches for us. Saying just because @figmentfan423 got over 2 feet!:eek:

It's funny, back in mid-Jan. of '85, San Antonio (80-ish miles south of us, and my hometown) got an all-time record-setting accumulation of 13.5 inches overnight...just insane. If I remember correctly, everything was shut down for about 4 days.
I believe they had 3 snowfalls that year, as did we, but our largest was only about 5.5 inches.
Haven't had anything like that winter, since. Just nuts, for us anyway...! :cyclops:

donaldtoo

I thought so. I remember "that kid" from high school who would use the pencil until it was a stub. Spanish teacher would point to it and say "Seriously?" She finally handed him a new pencil one day. :joyfull:

Hahaaa...!!! :hilarious:
I was always that way with pencils, back in the day.... :oops: ;)
It's still similar for me with all office supplies...I use a Flair Pen for sketching until it's almost completely dry, and I'm constantly being given rolls of sketch paper to finish up using that the partners have deemed done. Just tryin' to save the firm a few bucks...!!! ;)

MySmallWorldof4

Hahaaa...!!! :hilarious:
I was always that way with pencils, back in the day.... :oops: ;)
It's still similar for me with all office supplies...I use a Flair Pen for sketching until it's almost completely dry, and I'm constantly being given rolls of sketch paper to finish up using that the partners have deemed done. Just tryin' to save the firm a few bucks...!!! ;)
And that's why you got that raise!;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom