The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
Our one cat wakes up dh every morning at 3:30 even after the time change. 6am would be so welcome. That would be like a sleep in morning. :confused:
And my DH thought our cat only did that. He was surprised other cats get up their owners early. lol Chloe can start as early as 1:30 and we just keep telling her it's too early. So, she continues getting on the bed, walking across our legs, then loudly jumping off. This can go on for 30 mts until someone gets up. :eek:

Goofyernmost

Good luck winning the lottery! :) We have been trying for years with no luck. :( But if you win don't forget your friends here.;)
I'm still waiting myself. One of these days I'm going to buy a lottery ticket so that I can get that behind me. They tell me buying one is an important part of winning. I find that I come out ahead by just taking a couple of dollars and throwing them in the trash. At least that way I didn't spend gas money to go to the store to buy one. So I have that going for me.

Goofyernmost

They're not really worth it. Last time we had a storm that bad was valentine's 2007
I was out trying to make buses move all that day. Buses stuck in snowdrifts, unable to stop going when downhill, visibility around zero. I turn on to a street that hadn't been plowed yet, with a company car, and rode up on top of the snow. My tires weren't even hitting the ground. Had to dig out under the car to move. Shut down service late afternoon, had to find a place to house commuters that we couldn't get back home. I couldn't get back home and had to try and sleep in my car in the bus garage. Not real restful. For days after we had to maneuver through what seemed like tunnels. One lane streets with cars buried on both sides. What a freaking nightmare.

It took me four years after that for the opportunity to head south, but, believe me, that one day was crucial to my relatively easy decision to become a redneck.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I was out trying to make buses move all that day. Buses stuck in snowdrifts, unable to stop going when downhill, visibility around zero. I turn on to a street that hadn't been plowed yet, with a company car, and rode up on top of the snow. My tires weren't even hitting the ground. Had to dig out under the car to move. Shut down service late afternoon, had to find a place to house commuters that we couldn't get back home. I couldn't get back home and had to try and sleep in my car in the bus garage. Not real restful. For days after we had to maneuver through what seemed like tunnels. One lane streets with cars buried on both sides. What a freaking nightmare.

It took me four years after that for the opportunity to head south, but, believe me, that one day was crucial to my relatively easy decision to become a redneck.
Sympathy like. One of the good things about where my dh works is you either get a day or 2 off with pay or can take a couple of no question asked unscheduled vacation time in that type of weather:joyfull: Moving south would still be my choice after my little guy graduates:D

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's official and the paper work is done my dh is going on the over night shift starting in April.:mad:I don't get it but he loves that shift when it opens up:hilarious: He will now open up his computer and find a pic from TH and I put a few pics from F&G on his photo thingy:D My plotting er um planning is getting serious:D

StarWarsGirl

Well, I bought the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack. Haven't seen the actual movie yet, but, well, ya know. Possibly going to see the movie on Saturday. We'll see.

Anyway, I liked it overall, but sorry, they autotuned Emma Watson in places. Didn't sound much like it for anyone else, but definitely in spots for her. It's not terrible by any means, but her singing is nowhere near as good as the original Belle, and definitely not on par with Susan Egan (original Broadway Belle, also Megara in Hercules, also a vocal goddess). But I know she's a great actress, so if she's good in the movie, we'll let the singing slide. Especially since she doesn't do very much singing.

Can't wait to see the actual movie. :D

donaldtoo

I thought the gulls were obnoxious at those outdoor tables by the water (near the Mexico pavilion). Those crazy gulls are aggressive and they're well aware that there's food there. Had one land on my table, and it almost went for the taco, but I shushed him away. I'm used to gulls grabbing at food that hits the ground--not flying on to a table and helping themselves?! :jawdrop: That's just poor manners right there!

mine.jpg

;)

MySmallWorldof4

Today is fastness day, and I got all my fast passes!!! Plus, got Frozen, which we never got in last trip, and Rivers of Light twice!! Very happy!! Now, if Pandora would only do a soft opening while we are down there. :p
Yay on your fast passes!! I just started my pre-trip report.

The cat thing is annoying. It is a good thing they are cute. :rolleyes: Tigger will also jump on my dh. He never bugs me because I ignore him. Dh cannot stand it so gives in just so he can get back to sleep.

donaldtoo

We had a bird take our scraps at the Flame Tree in June. It snuck up on us and was really fast. And then it went to another table and took some ribs off of a person's plate. When they told the cast member near by about it, we heard the cast member mutter as she walked away "I wish that alligator had gotten that bird instead of the kid, I hate that bird." Kind of funny but sad at the same time, since it was only 1 week or so after that poor little boy was taken by the gator at the GF.

Oh my. :oops:
Yea, the ribs bein' stolen woulda' really got me a bit steamed...!!! :eek: :jawdrop: :mad: ;) I LUVS me some ribs...!!! :hungry:
It still amazes me what some birds will eat...! :cyclops:

Goofyernmost

Sympathy like. One of the good things about where my dh works is you either get a day or 2 off with pay or can take a couple of no question asked unscheduled vacation time in that type of weather:joyfull: Moving south would still be my choice after my little guy graduates:D
Yes, I know it is a very big decision to make. I didn't even have to worry about a job, as I was more then ready for retirement, but, I still labored with the decision. Now I wish I had made the move years ago. I love the weather here, sometimes it gets chilly, sometimes there is a little snow, but out of 365 days the bad stuff encompasses about 30 days and only 1 or 2 of those days are associated with snow or freezing rain. Freezing rain is bad no matter where you are. Just a good mix. It gets warm in the summer, but, NC is way better the further south for just a more temperate climate.

I have to admit that I got extremely lucky in how both my daughters and their families moved down here as well. (they actually moved first, which made my move a no-brainer) Whenever I mention that to people they are amazed by it. We all live within a 10 mile radius of each other.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well, I bought the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack. Haven't seen the actual movie yet, but, well, ya know. Possibly going to see the movie on Saturday. We'll see.

Anyway, I liked it overall, but sorry, they autotuned Emma Watson in places. Didn't sound much like it for anyone else, but definitely in spots for her. It's not terrible by any means, but her singing is nowhere near as good as the original Belle, and definitely not on par with Susan Egan (original Broadway Belle, also Megara in Hercules, also a vocal goddess). But I know she's a great actress, so if she's good in the movie, we'll let the singing slide. Especially since she doesn't do very much singing.

Can't wait to see the actual movie. :D
I can't wait to see it but I may have to wait a few weeks due to dh's shift change:( One more thing to add to my plotting er, planning list:angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom